A tulpa society

oi-stein

Now, hear me out on this. If any of you have read my previous posts, you would know that I am all for the scientific research of Tulpae. I'm currently writing a small paper on a theory that *should* be scientifically sound (it has a lot to do with neurology). However, to further research, I need a team. Or something. I've never tried to form something before of this nature.

So, without further hesitation, I would like to present: The Tulpa Society.

Yes, I know I'm attempting to apply rational thinking to something that just isn't simply rational. However, I would like to discover the inner workings of the tulpa - a truly great task, but it's been done before. Lucid dreaming was proven by Dr. Stephen LeBarge, and was disputed, but now it's an almost common practice.

And now, a nice ole' FAQ:

Q: What will be the use of the Tulpa Society?

A: To both further the scientific research of Tulpa and to implement them in modern society.

Q: How will the Tulpa Society operate?

A: In all honesty, I'm not sure. Some form of governance is obviously needed, though.

Q: How will research topics be executed at the Tulpa Society?

A: This depends on the topic being researched. Some will need to be week (or even month) long studies researching individuals and studying their moods (in order to pair this with brain waves or parts of the brain) against a non-tulpamancer. Many other ways to study them exist.

or something, I may be high

Om Mani Padma Hung

From what I've understood, the paralling processing purpotedly provided by the tulpae can help, at best and amongst other things, the individual with objective thought and simply a greatly accelerated learning of all things, leading to the possibility to achieve a rapid intellectual and emotional growth. The best form of governance would consist of the individuals who have achieved this to some extent, and can thus use their superior insight, while also weighing the opinions of the others, in order to more effectively solve all sorts of problems relating to the scientific research of Tulpa and their implementation in modern society. Concrete proof in the form of brain imaging and getting the attention of the credible are perhaps a necessity for any scientific validation, but the road there is already partially paved with a powerful enough think tank to tackle the details.

Sadly I'm not in such a state myself and can only gather bits of what I've read, but if this potential of the tulpae is real, it would give a decent justification for the standpoint of wanting to spread the word, as opposed to those who don't view the pursuit of achieving mainstream as a necessity. It might sound a tad dramatic, but this aforementioned potential's widespread appliance into the people's psyche could potentially bring notable benefits in...everything (in the people's lives, should they manage to pull it off).

In the very extreme, one could even claim that these functions purpotedly provided by the tulpae, the coexistent cooperation of multiple "layers", or fragmentations of consciousness helping each other improve in all ways, just like any proper cooperation in biological life, is a step in evolution itself, as opposed to the default wiring of a single personality which is sometimes quite inefficient, having to judge the world alone and with the ego getting in the way to varying extents.

Lucid dreaming has a society, something like this would undoubtedly be a catalyst for research getting done if enough influential people caught wind of it.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Mmmm... You see, i'm all for more research, but only for the goal of better understanding the tulpa phenomenon, not to prove the existence of tulpas to anyone. Hooray, the crazy role-playing people are only crazy people now.

If people wanted to get more public attention on tulpas, then change the site title and url to imaginary-friend.info, because all my life I have wanted an imaginary friend and it wasn't until some wonderful person on the lucid dreaming reddit page brought it up, did I discover this page.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the necro.

I feel like this would be a great idea, and I decided on a whim that, if such a society were to come about, I'd volunteer for the research team.

I'm not really sure about the whole "parallel processing is a step in evolution" (which is what I think that poster's saying) idea. I don't think evolution necessarily has "steps". From what I've heard, evolution is survival of the fittest.

{Bullshit, Krueger. The concept itself is true--evolution is in response to changes--but you typed that to reaffirm it. You want your belief to be reaffirmed. You don't want evolution to have steps, because then tulpamancers will be "higher beings", and you don't want that superiority to go to your head.}

What's the "think tank" you're talking about, Candellaith?

I can see how a Tulpa Society would have benefits, but are there any drawbacks?