possesion or imposition

I've read that possesion is easier than imposition, but I'm not sure what stage you should start trying possesion or imposition. Or which one seems to be better, pros and cons?

Tulpa: Kellen

Form: 16 year old Male-human

Working on: Vocality

Possession can be started at anytime. Think of it as something additional, that isn't required before doing anything, and that doesn't require anything either ; some have even done possession before their tulpa was vocal. Imposition, on the other hand, would require some experience with visualization.

I can't tell you which is best, because they're so different. One's about seeing/hearing/etc your tulpa with hallucinations, and the other is about allowing your tulpa to control your body (or parts of it) and interact with physical objects with it. You can't really compare. It's all about what you prefer.

Visual (and touch) imposition can be started at any time, preferably once you can visualize your tulpa well. Auditory imposition can be done once your tulpa is vocal. Possession can be worked on once your tulpa is sentient and parallel (although sentience and parallel processing should both be assumed from the start, so I'd recommend just waiting until your tulpa is vocal).

Now, as for pros and cons...

Pros of possession: Allows your tulpa to directly interact with the physical world, typically easier than imposition, gateway to switching

Cons to possession: Not usually much benefit to the host, possession may become boring for the host who only observes, it can get confusing which actions are the tulpa's and which are the host's

Pros of imposition: Allows you to perceive your tulpa as if they were a physical person, creates less confusion and doubt than possession, allows you to impose other things besides your tulpa

Cons of imposition: Typically more difficult than possession, little to no benefit to the tulpa, requires a LOT of patience

In the end, it's up to you and your tulpa whether you choose to pursue possession, imposition, or both. Whichever is best for you depends on what you wish to achieve.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

If I were to want to do both, which one should I start with? Or should I start them at the same time and then practice them independently?

Tulpa: Kellen

Form: 16 year old Male-human

Working on: Vocality

If I were to want to do both, which one should I start with? Or should I start them at the same time and then practice them independently?

I would start with possession.

That's up to you.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Guest EnnervateIndustries

Possession came easily to me, and imposition is proving difficult. Just my $0.02.

• 2 weeks later...

Just going to add in my two cents and say that possession is easier and you learn more about them. I learned every little quirk about my tulpas through possession. Imposition takes a lot of time and if you have trouble with visualization, it proves to be even harder. Possession helped make visualization a million times easier because I become them. I see them easily.

My Tulpa: RachLynn

Special: I have many tulpas that I let possess me

(Jackie, Clayton, Shaunice, Gerald, and Taylor).

Jackie's mother and her family are very important to me,

they also sometimes possess me when they come back

to my mind! (Chrissa, Steven, Erica, James, Shayna, and Deon).