Need a little bit of help

Coastie

Hey everyone. I'm new here and I just needed a little bit of help from someone a bit more experienced. This might be a long post, just a warning.

I first came across the subject of tulpas about a year ago. It seemed interesting, but I eventually forgot about it. It came up again a few months ago, and I started doing my research. I found that tulpas were a long-time commitment, and things to be cared for. This did not deter me, but I took a few weeks to think on it anyway.

As you can probably guess, I decided to go through with it, and have been at it for about 8 days now. After a few conflicting guides and theories, I figured I'd ask you all about what's happening to me.

The first day, I started with personality. All I wanted for (I decided on a female human appearance) her, was to be happy, cheerful, tolerant, those sort of things. Anything, I believe, can be for her to change. And I don't want her to form to what I want and not be able to change what she wants, so I try to tell her that.

Anyway, after a solid 2-3 hours of passive forcing, I went to bed. I had a headache, but was told that these are normal when creating a tulpa.

Allow me to deviate here, for a moment. A few months back, I had tried hypnosis. When I was hypnotized, I had a sort of floating sensation, along with the feeling of my hands and feet being disconnected; I couldn't feel my arms or legs. This does relate, just hang in there :P

Anyway, as I was in bed, that same hypnotized feeling came over me, kind of like a wave. It started at one side of me, went to the other, then went away. I don't know why it happened. It has me curious though, if it has any connection.

The second thing is this pressure inside my head. It happens when I focus on my tulpa, whether it's from talking to her, or working on her form. I'm not that far into the creation process, yet, I think. The pressure located... uh, in the lower half of my brain, I guess. That's the best way to describe it. And the force fluctuates from mild yet noticeable, to almost a headache.

That's it for now. If you got all the way here, thanks for reading all of that. Thoughts?

Sorry. But I can't help but notice not a single question was actually asked.

Okay. So from what I understand. You got a wave of the same feeling that you had achieved previously through hypnosis, and you are wondering if your tulpa caused this. Correct? Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to tell you one way or the other. So the answer to that question is a resounding "maybe".

The second thing you mentioned was "head pressure" and headaches. Again I'm sorry to point out to you you didn't actually ask a question. If your question is "do others /or/ have others experienced this". Than yes.

But I also notice you said you have read that headaches seem to be pretty common. So you sort of answered your own question there if I understood you correctly. Re-read it and yes. Head pressure is also fairly common too, though certainly not everyone gets it.

There are few things more confusing in this life, than trying to figure yourself out.

>The tulpa that I created this account for no longer wants it. So not having an account myself, ill take it.<

Thanks. I was just curious I suppose. This is pretty new to me; I didn't want to get all giddy and be like "OMG itz a telpa 4 sure!"

That first feeling you described is pretty typical of trance. Trance happens during hypnosis, but it can also happen during intense concentration. I'd say it's a good sign.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

That first feeling you described is pretty typical of trance. Trance happens during hypnosis, but it can also happen during intense concentration. I'd say it's a good sign.

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't lacking confidence in the first place, but this is a big confidence booster aha.

Just to clarify a misconception, hypnosis is one of many PROCESSES to get the result of a trance. Trance is not only induced by hypnosis, it can be done in many ways (meditation, etc.).

Hypnosis is to bypass the critical factor, to distract it so you start getting those "WTF is this" moments with the waves and head pressures. After you bypass the critical factor with hypnosis, trance is the result, and it's reached a bit faster because you persuaded or sweet-talked your way with the critical factor. Because trust me, once the critical factor sees some reasoning in you not wanting to do it, it won't accept it (based on the subjectivity of our moral code).

BUT, you see it as something beneficial to you, so all the critical factor can do is welcome the suggestions to your unconscious, which is why you get those strong..VERY strong feelings. It's what happened last night and a few weeks before when Eva FINALLY talked to me with the auditory hallucination. And it will only get better the more you do it Coastie, so keep at it!

Just to clarify a misconception, hypnosis is one of many PROCESSES to get the result of a trance. Trance is not only induced by hypnosis, it can be done in many ways (meditation, etc.).

Hypnosis is to bypass the critical factor, to distract it so you start getting those "WTF is this" moments with the waves and head pressures. After you bypass the critical factor with hypnosis, trance is the result, and it's reached a bit faster because you persuaded or sweet-talked your way with the critical factor. Because trust me, once the critical factor sees some reasoning in you not wanting to do it, it won't accept it.

BUT, you see it as something beneficial to you, so all the critical factor can do is welcome the suggestions to your unconscious, which is why you get those strong..VERY strong feelings. It's what happened last night and a few weeks before when Eva FINALLY talked to me with the auditory hallucination. And it will only get better the more you do it Coastie, so keep at it!

I haven't reached the auditory level yet. I try to ask her ( still haven't given her a name yet ) questions, and sometimes the pressure in my head will decrease/increase, but I can't be for certain if it's her communication or just my imagination. I'd rather not get ahead of myself. A few guides I've read say not to dismiss early success, but 8 or 9 days seems too early for anything to happen.

About the head pressure thing, if you're like me, it's a good thing, cuz that's almost exactly what I got when I started. After only a couple days of passive forcing I had constant head pressure for about two weeks. It would move around sometimes, but usually it stayed either at my right temple or at the lower back of my head, or brain as you said. It's also get more or less intense kinda randomly. I asked some people on the IRC about it when I started and they said it was my tulpa shifting some stuff around to make room. I dunno, I'm just saying if you're like me, then it's a good thing. Of course I don't know for sure, but just assume it's your tulpa and you should be fine.

And I say you should name her Suzy //shot/ lol jk, giving her a filler name might help when trying to refer to her though ^^ [i say call her Aryanda.] ... uh, yeah, I should say Forseen comes up with the weirdest names...

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

About the head pressure thing, if you're like me, it's a good thing, cuz that's almost exactly what I got when I started. After only a couple days of passive forcing I had constant head pressure for about two weeks. It would move around sometimes, but usually it stayed either at my right temple or at the lower back of my head, or brain as you said. It's also get more or less intense kinda randomly. I asked some people on the IRC about it when I started and they said it was my tulpa shifting some stuff around to make room. I dunno, I'm just saying if you're like me, then it's a good thing. Of course I don't know for sure, but just assume it's your tulpa and you should be fine.

And I say you should name her Suzy //shot/ lol jk, giving her a filler name might help when trying to refer to her though ^^ {I say call her Aryanda.} ... uh, yeah, I should say Forseen comes up with the weirdest names...

I don't know about you, but ever since the head pressure started, my head literally FEELS heavier. It's a bit strange aha.

I haven't reached the auditory level yet. I try to ask her ( still haven't given her a name yet ) questions, and sometimes the pressure in my head will decrease/increase, but I can't be for certain if it's her communication or just my imagination. I'd rather not get ahead of myself. A few guides I've read say not to dismiss early success, but 8 or 9 days seems too early for anything to happen.

[Whether it's 1, 8, or 9 days that seems to early, if anything that Linkzelda learned is, acknowledge those moment with the waves and head pressures as your unconscious constantly aiming to redefine things and perfect them as much as possible so that your tulpa will be able to have an easier time. Just acknowledge that while you're busy practicing sentience and sapience, your tulpa is going to be doing some fine-tuning with your unconscious and other aspects of your mind. Just think of your tulpa of being that individual that explores and pokes around with a few things, and when they find the right set of buttons that make you your head feel weird, it will get easier to tolerate and there will be less of a "pain" so to speak. Your tulpa and the unconscious are always making neurological connections to make the experience that much easier, so don't put yourself down from the start, you're doing fine, just enjoy the experience of seeing your mind and your tulpa evolving mentally! :)]