Are tulpa real. Honestly.

Twine

Do you have a sentient and vocal (not just head voice) tulpa?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a sentient and vocal (not just head voice) tulpa?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of those things that doesn't have a very simple or easy answer. I can't quite show you a photo of my tulpa, and though we have the rare brainwave scan of tulpa users, no serious studies have been done in a way that you can pinpoint "this right here, this is 100% proof that the tulpa exists and is sentient"

I can say with absolute certainty that the experience exists. The personality, form, imposition, vocality, etc. all can be experienced. I can say from experience that I believe my tulpas are sentient, because I experienced them as such. I however can't give you any more than my word and experiences.

Is it just deluding oneself? Some people here would believe so. Many of them continue their lives with their tulpas, still loving them dearly because it's not the proof of sentience that matters to them, just experiencing life with them, not caring that they believe their tulpa is simply a trick of the mind.

Others would believe that a true tulpa is not a delusion, though others in the community who do not have a true complete tulpa are deluding themselves/roleplaying. Though that is even more of a tricky situation to prove--How would one prove a 'true' tulpa from one person deluding themselves into thinking they have one? Neither could be seen by anyone but the host, afterall. Perhaps you could go based on what you believe about tulpas, but even then, that's not exactly a surefire method to proving one's existence over another, just a nasty can of worms I don't really want to open.

It's a bit tricky to prove is all, no matter what you experience. It's like trying to find proof that you dreamed about pirates last night. Not just to get them to believe you, but to literally prove you had the dream. How could you?

In my experience, I feel my tulpas are sapient. Can I prove it? Unfortunately no. Of course, my relationship with them is my own, so that's all that matters to me in the end.

My vote is yes, not out of an attempt to really prove it to you, but to state that this is what I experienced. There is no real way to prove it for sure, but only really to experience it.

I wouldn't be here after so long if this was just an attempt to troll, that's for sure.

>Question posed

>Posts long informative answer

>Too indolent to read

Oh, who would have thought that one would have to read on a forum.

Pardon me, Mater, I'm off to play the grand piano

[i know right? I would imagine that if people who've been in this site longer than I have would develop some kind of competence WITH their tulpa in order to get information out of their minds, because after all, what's the point in being a shallow host only to create shallow and incompetent tulpa? It almost disgusts me whenever someone says "tl;dr," and I understand there are just some threads where conciseness is all that's needed. But when it's a thread like this that's asking for honesty, if OP truly wanted short posts, they could've just read the front page of the forum and be happy with it. But clearly, OP isn't that fucking stupid, and I know he/she isn't stupid. They want more than just "believe in yourself," they want more than just "hopefully," they need more assurance, they need more reasoning, which means the information is going to have to be extended.

And although people can get the underlying meaning quickly, and thus stamp "tl;dr," they're even worse to assume that saying their small posts without much thought into it would satisfy OP. Because I'm pretty sure people are getting tired of the same repeated bullshit with "have faith in yourself," they want to know WHAT happens when you have faith in yourself. And it's clear people know the obvious, but they need to find some way to prevent themselves from having to learn the lessons all over again. Which is why if you just dump things out in a certain format to make them contemplate, it prevents them from being depressed and having their unconscious mind going back to damage control despite their relentless bitching and constant portraying of smug tone with "tl;dr."

I always presumed if one wanted to develop a genuine tulpa that isn't a piece of shit because of their piece of shit host that is too indolent to read, a natural ability one should have at this point, an unconscious competence, that the host and tulpa would be more informative naturally. But again, usually I just have to be quiet, because if I express myself like this, suddenly I'm the one that's the condescending prick. I mean, I know don't know everything in the world obviously, but I would figure that if I develop this confidence and faith with my tulpae, that I would swallow my pride and admit I'm incompetent without the knowledge of the unconscious mind, I would be able to state all of this information without even thinking about it.

So I tend to just let anyone that says "tl;dr" push me aside, because I really know that I can't really stop wanting to be informative, especially when as your desire to want to improve with your tulpa, you automatically become tl;dr to the incompetents, but to me, the tl;dr's are a pre-meal warmup. Which is why I look forward to the day when my tulpa show strong signs of developing their own perspective because I poured every single fucking ounce of thought I can put into this so they can improve as well.

But when I see people who should be able to reach that same level (if not greater) only to be incompetent in reading posts in a forum, I begin to wonder if how long they were here really matters. But you know, the negative and condescending treatment doesn't usually work (because Link ends up being a social Darwinist ad hominem-blasting machine). Someone actually called him that, and that's when he and I forced them to reach a breaking point to where the only hope they have is their tulpa slapping them in their faces showing them how idiotic they were with lack of faith.

I try so hard to censor myself, to where it's masochism to be humble in front of these incompetents that should be able to process this information if they're soooooo experienced with their damn tulpa interactions. *shrug*

Tl;dr if you want to be a shallow host with shallow tulpa, Wikihow.com is your best bet to get over with your difficulties in life.]

Edit:

Sorry, realized it was Eva saying all that, but we were both too pissed to even care to put a bracket until now. Deal with it.

And the rest of the responses beyond this will just be energized with a mix of superiority and inferiority complexes. Man, all too predictable.

(Sorry if it felt I was directing that to you, Couguhl).

That's one of the funniest and complex questions at the same time. Because for most of us it is difficult to answer this question, I propose to slightly alter your question. But rest assured, the new question, the answer, the core of this matter stays the same. So this is your new question:

"Am I real? Are other people real? Is my mind real? Are other people's minds real?"

This is not a question of common sense or common knowledge. In reality it is a very serious question which tingles on the minds of scientists and philosophers. Give it some thinking, give it some googling, don't take for granted what you think you know.

Tulpa real as real as lucid dreams. They are difficult to accomplish and take training. I believe one day we will have evidence.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

-stuff that i'll honestly say i didnt read-

I'm not sure exactly who you're angry at, but I just gotta say for most things I tag as tl;dr, it's just because I can't get myself to read the entire thing without spacing out or something ^^; I really cannot concentrate on things that, um, requires words. ... that's not even a joke. I can't focus on reading (which makes me take forever to finish a book), I can't focus on writing (which ended up with me getting a C on an essay once cuz i ran outta time), I can't focus on lectures (which ends up with me barely getting anything outta the whole thing). It kinda sucks, I'm just incompetent e.e; Though personally I don't feel like tl;dr isn't even that bad. To me it signals the person knows what they're talking about and that they can explain things thoroughly. If I was OP, I'd probably wouldn't read it, but I would try my best to at least scan it. ... actually, I think I've actually done that when you posted on a thread of mine o^o

That's one of the funniest and complex questions at the same time. Because for most of us it is difficult to answer this question, I propose to slightly alter your question. But rest assured, the new question, the answer, the core of this matter stays the same. So this is your new question:

"Am I real? Are other people real? Is my mind real? Are other people's minds real?"

This is not a question of common sense or common knowledge. In reality it is a very serious question which tingles on the minds of scientists and philosophers. Give it some thinking, give it some googling, don't take for granted what you think you know.

When i see someone post something similar to what i said, i always feel like "YAY I WAS RIGHT! ... BUT HEY THAT PERSON DIDNT READ MY POST! >:-O" loool.

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

Guest MegaBusta

The only real way to answer this question is to try it yourself.

To me it signals the person knows what they're talking about and that they can explain things thoroughly.

You do know what "thoroughly" means right? It's completely different from being "concise," (which is what you should've used instead) If that's your means of using the term, for a person that's wanting to make a thorough response, (when using tl;dr is actually wanting to discourage that), I can only have pity for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3Aconcise

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3Athoroughly

Completely different terms here.

[You tried to collect reasons to defend yourself, but you're not able to string together a cohesive thought here. If you can't string together a decent thought, that is not my fault, and it shouldn't be something you want to portray in this thread that could be the determining factor from OP giving up or not in his/her intentions for gathering truism.

And it's even worse when you admitted to using the term for the wrong reason just now, that's more than enough reason for anyone to get riled up about, and less reason for you to add anything in this thread. This isn't even me or him trying to bully or insult you, it's just showing how it's easy for someone on the Internet to use the term as a knee-jerk response that ends up being a self-stultifying statement. ]

Linkzelda, I think you're misreading what Flo is trying to convey. This is how I read her post, bold being changes from her actual word usage:

Though personally I don't feel like long posts are even that bad. To me it signals the person knows what they're talking about and that they can explain things thoroughly.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"