Tulpa Worries

I'm somewhat worried about creating a tulpa because my friend has a few, and his one tulpa, Gary, bullies him constantly. He calls my friend horrible names and won't leave him alone. Is this a problem? Because from what I've seen on the sit so far, most people don't have this kind of an issue.

I want to help my friend with his tulpa problem, but I don't know how, so if anyone has any information on this matter, please let me know.

Thank you so much!

It's always strange to hear stories like that of Gary--as, well, that would be a difficult thing to achieve--a bullying tulpa I mean.

During the creation process your tulpa is in a sense, created truly by your love and attention to them. They see all the good in you others miss or ignore, and know your thoughts and how you make decisions. That level of intimacy of knowledge of a person's self and of their potential--well, it's hard to think that a tulpa would bully their host after that.

My concern would be the bullying stems from the host's subconscious fears of rejection to be honest, almost a subconscious belief that the tulpa would of course dislike him--basically forcing his mind to make that come true by forcing a bully-like atmosphere to their tulpa.

A tulpa isn't quite like a gamble, you don't reach into a bag and pick out a personality and hope you got a good one, even if you don't specifically choose your tulpa's personality. Your relationship with your tulpa helps develop that personality--and any relationship built on trust, care, devotion, and honesty generally doesn't lead to something as petty as bullying. Disagreements sure, even big ones, as tulpas can have opinions--but it's hard to imagine a tulpa who doesn't have compassion for their host, considering their entire life was with this person who has treated them well.

That is, if the host had treated him well. If a tulpa is treated with fear--held at a distance, treated with resentment, or looked down upon and mocked, that might lead to resentment on the tulpa's part. Maybe fear of their host could make them feel that treating them roughly is the only way they can be safe from dissipation, or of course actual built up frustration from being mistreated could in fact happen. Otherwise, maybe the tulpa is trying to get his attention, trying to tell him something, but can't figure out how to say it, maybe there is a reason for the behavior that is deeper than just bullying. The last concern would be if the host has an emotional issue that causes paranoia and in the creation process that paranoia became a part of who he believed the tulpa was--now any negative thoughts he had towards himself would appear to come from said tulpa, even if it did or not.

But really, I don't know him or his tulpa so it's hard to say. That sort of issue is not likely, especially if you treat your tulpa kindly. They would have no reason to bully someone they love.

I'm somewhat worried about creating a tulpa because my friend has a few, and his one tulpa, Gary, bullies him constantly. He calls my friend horrible names and won't leave him alone. Is this a problem? Because from what I've seen on the sit so far, most people don't have this kind of an issue.

It indeed does seem to be a problem. Can Gary come on to this thread so that we can hear his side of the story? If not, just let him know kindly, he will be watched over.

Be well.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

It indeed does seem to be a problem. Can Gary come on to this thread so that we can hear his side of the story? If not, just let him know kindly, he will be watched over.

Be well.

Unfortunatley, my friend doesn't really have any interest in coming on to this site and asking for help, which I encouraged him to do, so getting Gary on to talk will be impossible.

I doubt that Gary has been mistreated, and from the sounds of things, Gary just kind of, happened.

Guest MegaBusta

I've recently had the same problem with one of my tulpas.

Going to try it again when I'm more awake.

Make sure you talk to it and ask it why it's doing what it's doing.