IRC chat [badges]

Chupi

Policy on badges on #tulpa.info?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Policy on badges on #tulpa.info?

• Ask users to remove them in all cases
    • Allow badges for tulpas who are available to chat, but not for nonvocal or away ones
    • Allow all badges

I don't know why hosts don't just use double clients. Saves a lot of nick changing and whatnot. I can understand badges if a tulpa just wants to talk for a bit, but having them on constantly is a bit unnecessary. The host can simply register their own nick, and then add their tulpa's nicks to the nick group. No registering problems, no obscenely long nicks and no confusion about who's saying what.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't get the thing with badges. Sands' rant confused me. If the tulpa and host are equal partners then wouldn't it make sense to have it just to establish clarity. There are times when I'm even posting here and Ayako has only one or two lines in the middle of a paragraph, not enough for really a line break, or she cuts me off. It would get confusing if the post would just

Tulpaname: words and opinion and here's a line mid-paragraph that contributes to hostman's post

wouldn't it?

I much prefer a short [this thing] rather than utter grammar nazi stupidity. Does it even matter to the tulpa? Honestly, ask them. I'm curious. You're equal partners, you know. I think just getting the chance for them to speak and knowing they're heard is enough. Don't your tulpas agree, hosts? We fail to see how it's demeaning. AFAIK only the hosts are complaining, and if they're anything like Sands they seem to be really upset about it. It almost seems like "I'm not a badgefag look how oldmember I am all badgefags leave kthx"

There is no way countless of tuppers and a host could be speaking the same amount using one name, keyboard and body. Give the name to the main speaker and let them fucking speak without everyone else trying to get in the way. It's good to concentrate on one thing and do it well instead of trying to split the time and half ass it

Why do you automagically assume they're half-assing anything? It's precisely the reason you stated in that first sentence that "badges" are okay. Honestly I never even knew they were called badges until all the badge-haters started moaning. Just "badge"-name in IRC for the ones talking and make your name short for clutter purposes if you care enough. Me and Ayako don't really "split the time," just each talk when we want to, even if it's not enough for a line-break it's nice to contribute and be heard, isn't it?

I only have one tupper, and she was not based on an existing character. What do you think of ponytuppers? They're based on existing characters to the point of having the same names as the show but most people are fine with those users and tuppers. I can get your frustrations with that, but getting visibly angry to the point of making a rule just because you don't like it? kman. I'll just back off here.

Just let your tulpa talk and be heard. TulpaCouple really said it all. On the forums though I think it should be either a joint account or let them be in your signature or somewhere else. If not that then [do this] or "Name: Words." It's not as oh god 9/11 as you're all making it out to be.

Zero: I use my phone to IRC. Some people can't doubleclient. There's not even a reason to nickchange really. Just even "[Tupper]Host" or "Tupper" if you're not talking too much but still there. The complaints really go both ways.

Me and Ayako don't really "split the time," just each talk when we want to, even if it's not enough for a line-break it's nice to contribute and be heard, isn't it?

And this is exactly why badges are shit. You don't split the time, so why badge? One line only now and then, so there is no need to have their name there 24/7. It's there just so you can show off? Disgusting. Just change the goddamn name if they're talking for a longer time than few lines, /nick newnick isn't that fucking difficult. Few lines, there is no excuse. You can do it in every possible way you want to, you also only have one tupper so it is piss easy for you to write shit in brackets without the name and everyone would know it's the one who is not the name speaking.

If you split time with a couple of tuppers evenly, yes, you will be half-assing it. There is absolutely no possible way for everyone to be speaking the same amount without someone being forced to talk less. And if one is talking less than the current main speaker, they have no need to be in the name. You can easily say when they got something they want to say and if they want to talk more, you give the nick to them. That fucking simple.

Tuppers and hosts are equal. Yet it's the tupper who has to be the badge nine times out of ten, forced to speak in brackets or whatever even on the goddamn forums, where it would be so simple for them to write normally and be a bit closer to having normal people lives. Ones where what they are doesn't force them to write differently. That's not equality.

But do remember, talking with your tulpa in IRC or on the forums is fucking retarded and makes you look like a roleplayer. So if both want to make a point, do it in a way that doesn't include the other's words in it and for the love of whatever, don't have back and forth chit chat with them this way. You can do it in your head, there's no need for us to see it. If you think they replied in a funny way, you can be all hey dudes derp told me that hurp it was funny ehehehehehe.

I think just getting the chance for them to speak and knowing they're heard is enough.

This is so utterly wrong. It shouldn't be so special. Give your tuppers more time so they can talk with others alone, without you hogging most of the time. There shouldn't be a "chance" to speak. They should be able to speak if they so wish, so stop fucking badging and give the main speaker role to them more often, without you commenting on every single little fucking thing all the time.

Also implying like 9/11 was the worst thing to ever happen, ignorant Americans amirite.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Guest mule

I think you're overreacting at least a little, Sands. You're the only person I've seen that has such a huge problem with the badges, it's not at all difficult to just ignore them instead of inciting an argument. :/ #tuppers is the only tulpa related channel that you frequent too, no badges there, buddy.

#tuppers is the only tulpa related channel that you frequent too, no badges there, buddy.

Ever thought there might be a reason for that, huh?

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Guest mule

Ever thought there might be a reason for that, huh?

Cos it's against the rules. (:

Not that part, the part that I'm not in any other channels these days. Though I guess that's okay too. Very nice in there, no badges. And it was badgewhores themselves who made it against the rules after not following good manners and removing their badges when asked to by others. The people of #tuppers spoke in this way.

Guest mule

You're not in other channels over something so inconsequential as a few badges? I honestly don't know why you get irked over it, how hard is it to ignore the so-called attention seekers?

A community that encourages badges is a community of attention whores. What good is it to be in a channel where you had to ignore majority of the people because the environment was perfect for teaching more and more people about how it is alright to seek attention? Why build a community like that? Or a community that treated tuppers like badges you can wear to get extra attention and asspats?

Badges aren't the reason. They're the result. A pleasant result for attention whores and starting attention whores still learning the ropes, finding an easy place to get exactly what they want without any effort. It breeds even more of them if you say it is alright. Then you're left with a disgusting community. It won't get better unless you say right away that no, whoring for attention isn't right. No badges is a good step towards that.

There is no reason for badges, they're useless and there are multiple better ways that treat tuppers better and stop rampant attention whoring.

Guest Anonymous

A community that encourages badges is a community of attention whores. What good is it to be in a channel where you had to ignore majority of the people because the environment was perfect for teaching more and more people about how it is alright to seek attention? Why build a community like that? Or a community that treated tuppers like badges you can wear to get extra attention and asspats?

Badges aren't the reason. They're the result. A pleasant result for attention whores and starting attention whores still learning the ropes, finding an easy place to get exactly what they want without any effort. It breeds even more of them if you say it is alright. Then you're left with a disgusting community. It won't get better unless you say right away that no, whoring for attention isn't right. No badges is a good step towards that.

There is no reason for badges, they're useless and there are multiple better ways that treat tuppers better and stop rampant attention whoring.

5-STARS.png