[Game] Break-a-wish

Guest Anonymous

Granted. You happily switch, and then discover you can never go back.

I wish for a phone that doesn`t randomly reboot.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted. Your phone does not reboot randomly, it develops a sadistic and wrathful AI that observes you constantly, and reboots exactly when you need it not to.

I wish for the power to change my clothes at will!

Granted. Now get into new clothes, you've been wearing the same thing since forever.

I wish my laptop wasn't constantly above 60 degrees celsius.

brb college

Granted. It's now constantly below -60 degrees Celsius. Thus, it is too cold to operate.

I wish people didn't end a story with a cliffhanger.

Tulpas:

Melody - Creation Date: October 21st, 2014

Pumpkin - Creation Date: January 2015

my mastodon - my other mastodon

We're gonna try to post more often, but you know, no promises or whatever.

Granted, but then-

I wish my laptop had a battery that held 2 extra hours of power.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Granted. Now your electric bill becomes more expensive due to having your laptop plugged in longer than it normally would.

I wish I wasn't bored right now.

"It's all about synthesis, you don't have to be a real musician. You just synthesize your own reality, synthesize your own talents." -Klayton

My Three Mind Horses

Haven: Tulpa #1

Created on 10-28-14

Aphelion: Tulpa #2

Created on 2-25-15 

Chimera: Self Proclaimed Thoughtform

Created on: Can't remember. Sometime around Easter of 2017.

Warning: I am a huge nerd.

Granted. You get off the forums and open the door to see fresh cut grass and the bright sunlight... It was at this point you remembered that you are a vampire. Your cries of pain die out shortly and all that remains of you is a pile of dust. Well, at least you aren't bored!

I wish I could win any bet that I make.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Granted. You win every bet you make. After winning a few dozen bets, you quit your job. Eventually, winning bets becomes the only way you know how to make a living. However, upon gaining a reputation for never losing a bet, people stop taking your bets. Since you had forgotten any other ways to make money, you eventually go broke.

Unless you made a bet that nothing would ever go wrong as a result of this wish, in which case, you simply die of unknown causes and no one ever finds the body.

I wish I weren't so cold right now.

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

Granted. You win every bet you make. After winning a few dozen bets, you quit your job. Eventually, winning bets becomes the only way you know how to make a living. However, upon gaining a reputation for never losing a bet, people stop taking your bets. Since you had forgotten any other ways to make money, you eventually go broke.

But there's a way around this. "Win any bet I make" is effectively "make whatever I want happen". So you could do something like "I bet you $1 that $1,000,000 will suddenly appear in suitcases in both of our hands" and since always win then you're set.

Unless you made a bet that nothing would ever go wrong as a result of this wish, in which case, you simply die of unknown causes and no one ever finds the body.

LAAAAAAAME

I wish I weren't so cold right now.

Granted, you die of heatstroke.

Actually no, that's boring

Granted, you are always at a perfectly comfortable temperature. You gain a reputation for going out in the snow in shorts. You live for a few years like this, without too much attention. Then one day, someone notices you touching a hot stove but not getting burned (since your hand, along with the rest of your body, stays at exactly the most comfortable temperature). They relay this story to many of their friends, including a hobby thermodynamics scientist, who (for obvious reasons) doesn't believe the story, after the clarification that you don't have nerve damage and really didn't get burned. The scientist is brought to meet you to test for sure, and upon realizing that you keep the same temperature no matter what, he realizes you have just invalidated the laws of thermodynamics. When he brings you to talk to his friend bob, bob realizes a much better use for you: Free energy. All they have to do is stick you in a very hot or very cold environment and then stick a bunch of peltier coolers on every piece of your skin. As they discuss this among themselves, you start to realize this doesn't go well for you, and make for the door. Bob, seeing his golden goose slipping from his grasp, runs over and physically restrains you with the help of someone you once called a friend. You see a fist coming and then lose consiousness. When you wake up, you find your wrist chained to a wall, and yourself covered in weird metalic plates with a bunch of wires sticking out of them, all leading to one place. As your mind slowly churns into gear, you realize all of this is a Bad Thing and snap to. You rip one of the plates off to find that a chunk of skin comes off with it. You scream in pain, and your captors come in and patch you up.... while holding you down. Later, a glass of water comes up to your face and, realizing how thirsty you are, quickly gulp it down as it's poured into your mouth. It does taste a little funny, but you're glad for the hydration. That is, until you feel your ability to move sapping away slowly....

You have a dream about being super heat man, who saves the world by blocking massive beams of sunlight coming that you fly in front of to block.... it didn't really make sense.

When you wake up again you're in a hospital bed, still chained in place and still covered in plates. You can see Bob talking with some official-looking people. You try and summon the power of all the suns in the universe upon Bob for putting you through this, and you fall asleep again. Things continue like this, occaisionally waking up and seeing some people talking, or yelling. And then one day you wake up in a volcano, in magma. Not above, in. Still with the metal plates, but this time they were curved and fit to your body a little too well. Your head sits just above, and you soon learn that you are to be fed by way of food dropped from above. You live out your life like this, chained in place in a pit of lava, being dropped food occaisionally.

But hey, at least you're not cold

I wish podcasts didn't take so long to edit.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Granted. Podcasts don't exist anymore. It wouldn't take long to edit something that doesn't exist, now would it?

I wish for a genie that didn't break my wishes.

Tulpas:

Melody - Creation Date: October 21st, 2014

Pumpkin - Creation Date: January 2015

my mastodon - my other mastodon

We're gonna try to post more often, but you know, no promises or whatever.