I seem to have a problem with making tulpas...

Yeah, most of the worrying with not being able to make a tulpa and all that is just psychosomatic. Anyone can think of a thought-form in their mind, object or entity, it's just that the concept of Tulpa had a myriad of definitions and perspectives from others that makes the whole endeavor of wanting one confusing. It's a challenge when filtering out all the metaphysical and non-sequitur with the pseudoscience crap, but when you get it to its core, tulpa aren't really that hard to imagine.

But even with that, a lot of the statements in this forum will be catered to Argumentum Ad Populum, because there isn't enough scientific approaches on the Tulpa phenomenon (as of yet of course). Many people will try to gain truisms by trying to take people's word for it, but with anything that has barely touched scientific grounds, people just have to use what is known already and find a process that can be producible for anyone with competence to imagine (like working memory, how imagination and imagery is modeled, etc.).

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be a yogurt cannon, but topics like this are the reason I can't take this place seriously anymore. Instant tulpa do not normally exist, and if they do, more than likely you have some serious issues. That or they aren't actually tulpa. Intursive thoughts are not tulpa. They don't just 'appear.'

Tulpas Luna, Vanille

I don't want to be a yogurt cannon, but topics like this are the reason I can't take this place seriously anymore. Instant tulpa do not normally exist, and if they do, more than likely you have some serious issues. That or they aren't actually tulpa. Intursive thoughts are not tulpa. They don't just 'appear.'

He is making tulpae. I don't think you fully understand how much of an intangible concept a tulpa is. After you make one you can make as many as you want instantly, unless you believe really hard that you can't. But disabling your mental abilities to give more value to something doesn't mean everyone else can't do it.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

Instant? No. But they can be perceived as instant. Looking at Spartanelete's profile, most of these characters are personalities that I'm familiar with. It's quite possible for a character to become sentient in your mind before you're aware of it, particularly if you're roleplaying, acting, or writing. Such a character could appear to be an instant tulpa.

Also, bear in mind that "tulpa" as this community uses the word, is a bit broader than originally intended, and different people use it in different ways. What Spartanelete means by "tulpa" might be very different from what you mean, or what I mean. That just isn't really something we can fix unless we put more effort into standardizing our vocabulary.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Even if not, they were surely familiar personalities, as they are to many of us.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

But are they characters you've written about?

Only Pinkie, Shadow Light, Cupcake, Dread, and Light(not from deathnote). The others like Twilight, Alice, and Rainbow Dash, I just have their personalities memorized from the shows and video games they're from.

As for Samus, when I discovered her, she had a different form and her own personality. She only chose her form after friends in another group suggested Samus Aran from Metroid as her name, then she decided to also take the form.

STOP

SPROUTING

PSEUDOSCIENCE

This entire forum is probably a laughing stock to anybody in the field of psychology and neuroscience and feel no lament for it. No wonder so many people leave here.

Sorry, I'm gullible and in high school.

Sorry, I'm gullible and in high school.

That has nothing to do with running your mouth about things you made up without back-checking at all. This isn't a religion, stop treating it like one.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012