I want to visualize, but my eyes wont let me

I used to be able to enter a dream-like state pretty easily, I made a topic about losing this ability a few months ago. I haven't been able to enter it for a few months now, due to my eyes snapping back to reality anytime I catch even the slightest glimpse of anything.

The issue still hexes me to this day :@

I've cut out any caffeine, tried forcing my eyes to stay still but I literally am unable to get them to not move anytime I visualize something. I've tried the "just relax and let it come naturally" but it still just doesn't work.

I used to also get hypnagogic visions, but those went away with all this eye trickery.

This is both with open-eyed and closed, and even while practicing daydreaming at work and on breaks, I just can't seem to stay in any state of being zoned out.

I'm really at a loss here, but have made progress on other areas, but I would like to work on imposition, but it isn't going to happen till I figure out a way to fix whatever is wrong with me.

This has me insanely sad and frustrated to not be able to visualize my tulpa for 2-3 months now.

I'd even be open to trying some drugs to fix this, OTC or otherwise.

In my humble opinion, drugs won't help. They sometimes produce the desired effect almost instantly, but you can't control it or reproduce it.

I would suggest when you get a day off from work, spend the day blindfolded. Walk around your house, and visualize where you are and what you would be seeing if you weren't blindfolded. Try to get a visual picture of your surroundings. Try touching every object and really trying to visualize it before you move on to the next thing.

I've found while doing this, that eventually, even in my own house, I find an object I can't identify by touch, or that I just can't remember the color of, or something like that. This is neat because it forces you to get into actual creative visualization, where you're visualizing something that you don't remember seeing. This is the same skill you'll be using with your tulpa.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

^ What he said, or you could try visualizing with your eyes open. I found that after a while it brought back my closed eye visualization

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

OP, you don't lose the ability to visualize your tulpa, it's your anxiety and exponential worrying that's distracting you from acknowledging something called Mind's eye is ingrained in anyone (of course people who have vision obviously).

Whether you're experienced or not in imposition, to go about with practical imposition, you have to be able to imagine your tulpa in nearly all situations easily without even trying (keyword being try, which implies failure compared to actually "doing". The reason being is that when the visualization comes by unconsciously, you will be able to shift your focus in seeing them with eyes opened.

I mention some methods you can do to train your visualization that's derived from image streaming, a scientifically proven phenomenon that shows how that with practice, anyone can attain better visual prowess (and many other mental competencies) if they apply themselves and do it.

Check it out in my guide here:

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-narration-linkzelda-s-guide-to-better-narration-storytelling-with-your-tulpa-visualization or in my signature.

Check in tabs [1.5] (for what image streaming is), and [2.0] for exercises that will help you impose your tulpa better. Look at other guides for visualization, really think deeply about this, and stop thinking "my eyes won't let me."

It's your lack of actually making consistent efforts for methods that do obviously work with practice is what's not "letting you" get the results you want. There are methods, you just need to do them and keep doing them, and stop blaming your eyes for this.

I can easily visualize my tulpa(e) eyes opened or closed, and it's easier to even to apply visual imposition because of it. You can too, don't make this complicated than it should be with this worrying you're having. Being able to endure through this is basic logic in succeeding in this, blaming parts of your body gets you nowhere, unless you actually have a certain ailment that is a constant detriment to your success.

OP, you don't lose the ability to visualize your tulpa, it's your anxiety and exponential worrying that's distracting you from acknowledging something called Mind's eye is ingrained in anyone (of course people who have vision obviously).

Whether you're experienced or not in imposition, to go about with practical imposition, you have to be able to imagine your tulpa in nearly all situations easily without even trying (keyword being try, which implies failure compared to actually "doing". The reason being is that when the visualization comes by unconsciously, you will be able to shift your focus in seeing them with eyes opened.

I mention some methods you can do to train your visualization that's derived from image streaming, a scientifically proven phenomenon that shows how that with practice, anyone can attain better visual prowess (and many other mental competencies) if they apply themselves and do it.

Check it out in my guide here:

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-narration-linkzelda-s-guide-to-better-narration-storytelling-with-your-tulpa-visualization or in my signature.

Check in tabs [1.5] (for what image streaming is), and [2.0] for exercises that will help you impose your tulpa better. Look at other guides for visualization, really think deeply about this, and stop thinking "my eyes won't let me."

It's your lack of actually making consistent efforts for methods that do obviously work with practice is what's not "letting you" get the results you want. There are methods, you just need to do them and keep doing them, and stop blaming your eyes for this.

I can easily visualize my tulpa(e) eyes opened or closed, and it's easier to even to apply visual imposition because of it. You can too, don't make this complicated than it should be with this worrying you're having. Being able to endure through this is basic logic in succeeding in this, blaming parts of your body gets you nowhere, unless you actually have a certain ailment that is a constant detriment to your success.

I've been working hard at this for 2 1/2 months or so now, at least 30 minutes a day and have had zero progress with anything. Before my eyes started wigging out unintentionally I could visualize/daydream/hypnogagic visualize just fine.

I'm very certain this is all just a physical problem, I do have ADHD and causes some odd thought patterns in me.

I just tried to do nothing but daydream for 40 minutes, but sat there the entire time inadvertently snapping my eyes back into real life anytime I caught a glimpse of anything.

I think I guess I might be trying too hard at something that should just come naturally and it really makes me angry.

To the OP.

Do not take drugs....

Ever (excluding medicine for serious things).

Just focus...

If that doesnt work...

Use more gun-er...concentration...

[align=justify]There are 10 kinds of people on earth, those who understand binary and those who do not.

[/align]

We think we might have figured it out, its a thing where I realize I'm daydreaming/visualizing then I freak out and snap back to reality.

I can remain calm when I'm letting my mind wander, but It's a thing we guess It's the thing like "you are manually blinking" that really throws me off. Especially when I try to visualize my tulpa things get really iffy.

I also have ADHD and makes it hard to not have some intrusive thoughts about this, and It's just kind of an endless thing.

Could really use some advice on it.

Guest Anonymous

When I was into lucid dreaming I'd "program" (the correct word here is slipping my mind at the moment) myself to not open my eyes when I woke up in order to easily re-enter the dream.

Thinking back to that now I'm pretty sure it was a kind of hypnosis.

What you could try is to use hypnosis to remain calm and focused when you enter that state.

You did it before, so you know you can do it, it's just a matter of practice.

Good luck to both of you ^^

Practice, most likely. You can either imagine simple things for increasingly long periods, or one thing I've found for this exact thing:

Wait until it's a bright day outside, you want a mostly clear sky but with some decent amount of clouds up there. Find a nice big patch of empty blue sky and stare straight at it. At some point you'll notice the clouds seem to disappear. Just keep trying to stare straight anyway. After a while you'll get used to not snapping your vision to changes, and visualising will become easier.

Another non-weather dependent way is to stare at a light for a moment so you get that spot on your vision, then try to stare at a clear wall without that spot moving; Since it's actually on your eye, looking at it at all makes it move, so you gotta stare straight again. The general thing is to train yourself to see things without moving your eyes directly on to it.

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

Practice, most likely. You can either imagine simple things for increasingly long periods, or one thing I've found for this exact thing:

Wait until it's a bright day outside, you want a mostly clear sky but with some decent amount of clouds up there. Find a nice big patch of empty blue sky and stare straight at it. At some point you'll notice the clouds seem to disappear. Just keep trying to stare straight anyway. After a while you'll get used to not snapping your vision to changes, and visualising will become easier.

We're doing this and are able to totally overlap my real vision but, do I try to make my tupper appear in the blurred out vision, or imagine with my mind?