Hallucinations, how do you handle your beautiful mind?

NariusV

This is an open discussion/question for people who have had hallucinations when working on or towards their tulpa.

By hallucinations I mean seeing/hearing/smelling/feeling etc. something that is not there OTHER THAN the tulpa you are working on.

I do not mean in a wonderland, during forcing, or in meditation. I'm specifically referring to hearing sounds or seeing things in your day to day waking life that are definitely not your tulpa and started happening only after you started forcing with the intention of making a/some tulpa.

A common occurrence for me, as an example, is hearing the phone ring, going to answer, and then noticing that it wasn't really ringing. Or seeing an object fly across the room, when obviously it wasn't there because other people don't react in the slightest.

When things like this happen to me it gives me pause and I feel like I should slow down and back off my forcing sessions for a while.

Please do not reply if you are speculating or sharing a well intentioned, yet uninformed opinion. I am looking for reports of personal experiences, not things someone may have read or heard about from someone or somewhere else.

In the spirit of Tulpa.info's focus "For Science", I would like to keep this discussion among those who have experience with these things.

Thoughts?

I often have hallucinations at night that my tulpas are able to interact with (usually negative.)

In the past they were only noises and just annoyances to my senses, but now ever since I started forcing, they've become visual and more frequent.

I can't seem to ever control them. The best I've done so far is have my oldest tulpa combat them. Results have varied. That may seem wrong to most, but it's an awful feeling just sensing something's presence like that and not being able to get rid of it yourself despite it all being in your mind.

Besides, SL's been able to handle most of them. And he's fine with it.

When I get sleep deprived I tend to get random auditory hallucinations, sometimes they're indistinguishable from my girls and I need to check with them to see if they were trying to say something to me or not.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Occasionally, but instead of seeing things in the world around me, an entirely new image flashes in front of my eyes for a moment(never more than a second or so). Usually something to do with whatever I was doing. It's sort of like that...tetris effect thing, but without closing your eyes. And if the the full display of a tetris game sort-of-replaced your vision for a moment. I mean, I can still see the stuff around me when it happens, but it's like it faded halfway out and that image was overlayed in front of it.

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

Throughout this week I've had this happen. For most of my day, I play in a symphonic band, and randomly I'll hear my name being called, pretty loudly, but not a shout, and it always seems to be coming from behind me, so I'll turn, and nobody else will have heard it.

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

• 3 weeks later...

Overall it seems that these perceptions are not causing major problems, at most a temporary distraction/annoyance.

@glitchthe3rd - Interesting that you have noticed a link between a physical state and mental phenomena. I have been a person who has a somewhat erratic sleep schedule, so maybe that is a contributing factor for me.

Thanks everyone :)

It's only happened three times so far, but sometimes I'll see really bright flashing lights within my vision which lasts roughly 1-3 minutes, so during that time I can't read or really see that much at all. The lights seem to be more like the spots that get left in your vision after staring at a light for too long, except that instead of being black or yellow they tend to be really prismatic in nature, usually flashing as blue, red, or purple.

Two past experiences I had would be sometime last year before finding out about tulpas, and both times had a female voice say my name calmly. Best I can give.

Tea [Theta]: Start

Scientists actually say that people hear their phones ring but it didn't actually happen. Phantom phone rings are more normal than we think. I personally do heart and see things that don't have anything to do with my tulpas and it used to freak me out but now I don't think about it as much.

I'm very certain that I see black fast moving shadows out of the corner of my eye....I want to say at least twice every week. I don't know if they are real or not but I see them. Hearing stuff happens too but I think it's just a mental thing.

My Tulpa: RachLynn

Special: I have many tulpas that I let possess me

(Jackie, Clayton, Shaunice, Gerald, and Taylor).

Jackie's mother and her family are very important to me,

they also sometimes possess me when they come back

to my mind! (Chrissa, Steven, Erica, James, Shayna, and Deon).

Two past experiences I had would be sometime last year before finding out about tulpas, and both times had a female voice say my name calmly. Best I can give.

That's actually a very common kind of hallucination. I've had it happen a few times too. Sometimes I can even identify the voice.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"