Can Tulpae sleep?

Derptydoo

Ya, they can sleep, though i think it depends on the person whether or not they actually /need/ sleep. My tulpas usually go to sleep around when i do, though sometimes they head to bed before me but still talk, basically just looking like they are sleeping, stay up all night, or sometimes they go and try to wake me up. Forseen used to never sleep till Muse told him he should (as she really enjoyed sleeping apparently and thought he would too). Muse also has dreams sometimes, though like me can never recall them.

There was this one instant, the first time she actually slept, somehow her dream projected on my wonderland and it turned all foggy with a music box playing and ballet o.O It was really weird.

The only time i remember them actually needing sleep was the first time they split back from Alex. They were both really tired and went to bed early and slept till four in the afternoon for like three days straight.

Geez, i totally feel like im bullshitting e.e; i swear to you im not though, my mind’s really weird.

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

In general tulpas do not need sleep unless you think they do, like so many other things. In a sense their sleep is therefore not useful or meaningful, but since their own experiences are shaped largely by what you think is happening, they can indeed sleep.

Since it's hard giving practical evidence, and how we all have to rely on anecdotal evidence from other users to have gain some truisms with whether or not tulpa can sleep, yes, I would presume tulpa can sleep. Maybe not in the literal sense as we can, for me personally, whenever I ask my tulpa to wake me up in the morning, or even in the middle of the night if I want to lucid dream with them, it could either be just a predisposition for my mind to wake me up because of that desire, or my tulpa(e) actually do have some influence in priming me to wake up at certain times.

It could be things like just having confidence and faith that they can sleep, and as you're sleeping, you just imagine them being able to sleep with you as well. Of course, with how non-REM and REM cycles go through in our natural sleep, tulpa(e) may or may not be able to maintain their own awareness of what's going on better than we can. If not, it's just probably symbolism, or faith that gives extreme implications of them emulating the type of sleep we go through.

It depends though, I would deduce that people who switch would obviously have their tulpa go through those same processes that occur when we prepare for sleep and such. It just depends on how the awareness is channeled for tulpa to have the mannerisms of what we go through in sleeping. It may not really be that necessary, like people have stated already, but I guess for the sake of the tulpa being humanized in some way, it's probable. The brain is always on automatic whether we sleep or not, so it's not hard to presume tulpa don't really need to go through being "tired," "exhausted" etc.

Nobillis says:

I sleep when I want to. I do get tired (three days of typing wears me out!).

Kerin can sleep while switched, and is still switched when she wakes up, so that would be actual sleep too I think.

Tl;dr: Yes, and it depends on the tulpa.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Mine do, thought they clam to fall asleep most of the time after i do

I have had them be tired and sleep for an entire day though

i am forever banned from drinking orange juice because my tulpa hates it with a burning passion

Guest MegaBusta

Mine sleep from 0300 to 0700 and get cranky when bothered while they sleep.