nilink

tulpa blackmail

I want to know if I can do anything Because I can't give in to him or else i'll end up in the mental ward again but this time for MPD rather than attempted suicide

Don't worry, "giving in to him" won't put you in a mental hospital. You seem to be saying that he's doing all these things for no apparent reason, but tuppers are exactly like people, they don't just inconvenience their host just because they can. Have you done anything recently that might have upset him? There's no problem that a host and tulpa can't solve as long as they communicate and put their best efforts in the relationship.

And another thing, if he is doing this just for laughs or for some other dumb reason, don't hesitate to set boundaries and take charge. You need to let him know that his actions are not ok, and that you won't put up with it. Personally, I think you just need to confront him about his attitude and what it stems from. And if possible, help him deal with it.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

In this case I'd say ignore decency and negotiation and alter his personality or get rid of him if returning to a mental ward is a worry of yours.

I am not changing who he is and I am not killing him.But I have reasoned enough with him to get him to stop ignoring me after a nights sleep.But he is still projecting these images I think it because he is having a laugh but then I asked him if he could project something I haven't seen and to my surprise he was able to project any image from my memory many of which he has no clue of what they are. Is this unusual or are loads of tulpas able to do this ?

''I mold my imagination as if it were clay''.

I get image flashes sometimes, i don't know what causes them though. Whichever one of us is causing it, it's entirely unintentional.

By the way, he sounds like a certain character of the same name. Coincidence, or..?

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

Don't worry, "giving in to him" won't put you in a mental hospital. You seem to be saying that he's doing all these things for no apparent reason, but tuppers are exactly like people, they don't just inconvenience their host just because they can. Have you done anything recently that might have upset him? There's no problem that a host and tulpa can't solve as long as they communicate and put their best efforts in the relationship.

And another thing, if he is doing this just for laughs or for some other dumb reason, don't hesitate to set boundaries and take charge. You need to let him know that his actions are not ok, and that you won't put up with it. Personally, I think you just need to confront him about his attitude and what it stems from. And if possible, help him deal with it.

I have not upset him intentionally he believes that I am the one preventing him from communication with anyone else and keeping him as a pet.He says "You bind me like an animal in shackles but you must realise this animal has teeth"(He has a quite Victorian manner doesn't he.) But I see no reason to scold him the same way he did to me because he simply is accepting his current existence and forgave me once I told him about what it was like in the ward.

I get image flashes sometimes, i don't know what causes them though. Whichever one of us is causing it, it's entirely unintentional.

By the way, he sounds like a certain character of the same name. Coincidence, or..?

Who is that ?

He's called Raziel. He talks the same way your tulpa seems to(from what i can gather from those two sentences.), from a game called Soul Reaver. He's a soul-eating vampire who is extremely cynical and distrustful, on a quest for revenge against a fellow named Kain.

If this is all arising due to some unnoticed desire from your tulpa to fulfil the image of a character you've forgotten, that would be hilarious. But the chances of that seem small.

As for his belief that you are preventing him from talking to people; There's nothing stopping you from relaying what he says, and he probably means that. If you feel uncomfortable telling people(I can understand why you might), then just talk to someone and say what he says, re-translated into how you'd say it; That way he gets to have a conversation with someone else, you don't have to tell anyone about him, and you feel like a crafty bastard at the same time.

Note - Don't feel obligated to change the words in every sentence or anything, though; You could mis-translate the meaning, and most people won't notice you're acting differently even if you just say the exact same thing but with your accent instead of his.

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

Sounds to me like the two of you need to seriously talk about this. Your tulpa feels you are treating him like a trapped animal, why? Ask him why he feels he is being used, or why he feels trapped and shackled.

Have you given your tulpa a chance to speak with anyone? How about on the irc?

Have you explained to him what could happen if you were to explain his existence to those in your life, that he would suffer from this as well and his existence would be threatened by people who don't understand what he is?

Time to have a big talk and figure out where you both stand on this. Find out the whys--and dig deeper than the first answer you hear, make sure you both are truly being honest and understanding. Figure out his point of view--he feels powerfully about this, so there is a reason for it. You know your reason, make sure he understands that as well.

See if you can find a compromise. One of the benefits of the internet is that he can be himself and have just as much of a real impact on the world as anyone else, making his own friends and chatting with anyone he really wants to, not even limited to the tulpa community.

It's actually a funny story about the name he originally was 'banad deathair'but I called him banad (Irish for blood brother ironic that its a vampire in the video game )until sentience but the day after his sentience while in church I had heard a story in the old testament about raziel the arch angel during the rant about genesis.I suppose he took a liking to the story.But about the video game I never owned a ps2 or ps1 so I wouldn't know how this character acted or looked and never took a liking to gaming until I discovered the RPG genre with mass effect 2 and even now it seems like a waste of time.But on YouTube I do see the resemblance between them.

your second point although a good one I have already tried because he is not only looking to respond through me he wants proper verbal contact.He doesn't think of himself as a tulpa he He see's himself as a manifestation of another soul and blamed me because he had no where else to vent his frustration (his words not mine ).But he is still blackmailing me whenever I do something he doesn't want.eg. Eating chocolate he see's as vile and reminds him of fecil matter so he projects the most horrific image of smile dog.jpg which is unusual since the projections are usually random.

Tulpa couple And while I am sure he is fully aware of the IRC he finds that there is no reason to talk to people he will never meet and finds the idea of these social sites pointless.So he is a ignorant git.What I want him to do is stop trying to have leverage over me (He just tried another projection when I called him ignorant)

Edit: I have managed to convince to chat on IRC him and after knocking me of of my skateboard (his bloody protections )he agree'd that some communication is better than isolation so he's going to chat tonight. But it got me wondering how my tulpa's able to create these flashes of images and if others can with enough focus. I now want to experiment to see how long he can project them for and even what he can project.

I asked him if he could project something I haven't seen and to my surprise he was able to project any image from my memory many of which he has no clue of what they are. Is this unusual or are loads of tulpas able to do this ?

A tulpa I recently got rid of could do something like this, but he'd always alter the scene of the memory into something "dreadful" among other acts. I specifically use the word "dreadful" because he named himself Dread. I've never hear of a tulpa being as evil as him.

But so far from what you described, he's no way near as bad, and it seems negotiation is quite possible.