What is the point of having a tulpa?

Asquerade

I have a tulpa, and I thought I loved her. Suddenly, she seems to have gone, and everything I remember of her feels fake.

Furthermore, what is the point, in the first place? A friend, a companion, a love, all of the above? What use are those?! They aren't real, they can't do anything, it's just me pretending there's a pony inside my head. It's just me deluding myself into believing there's actually a part of me that doesn't hate me and my life.

But this thread isn't about me. And Sands, you are not permitted to post on this thread. But you will anyway, maybe saying something like "I do what I want!". But that will be fine, because it's just one person posting something for the sake of posting something, rather than yet another post on why badges are bad, talking to your tulpa is bad, proxying for your tulpa is bad, and letting your tulpa speak in threads as if he/she/it was real is bad.

This is getting off topic. The point is:

What is the point of having a tulpa? If you believe, and work hard, you eventually get a friend inside your head.

Great, but what use is that? They can't do things, or help you with things.

So far, my tulpa has been very good, and keeps talking to me about how this life isn't my fault, I'm better than I think I am, and other things to try and cheer me up. I've got a little voice inside my head that drives me to sanity, because insanity is too mainstream. Pun. But seriously, insanity is illogical and I have no use for it.

Yes, my tulpa can talk to me and cheer me up. When she tries talking to others, nobody takes her seriously. Maybe it's because I'm not an OldMember. Even though... How long has this account been active? Most sites stop giving the newbies the cold shoulder after 2 weeks of activity. My tulpa can only talk to me. Even though she wants to, she cannot influence people to make them like me, as they assume it's a roleplayer.

She's not. She's kind, and sweet, and she wants me to become great. She's like the other voice, but kinder. She wants me to have friends, and start a real family, and have a life. This town holds nothing blah blah this town sucks. We have no local things to go to, and I'm the village pariah anyway. And yes, when I move to a non-shitty country and get a girlfriend, Ace will watch. She wants to watch my life get better. And she's completely powerless, and unable to do anything that could help us achieve that end.

In any case, let's get back on topic:

If I suddenly drop out of Chat, it means I was on my old and unreliable laptop. Was. PM me instead, because I can reply to PMs using my 3DS, but it can't use Chat.

Progress Report

It's your own fault, really. You're the reason why people call you a roleplayer and assume your tupper is just a role. We've told you multiple times why. You decided not to listen and you are who fucked your tupper's chances at friendships outside your head. Maybe next time you should listen. You can always start fixing shit you broke by just listening. This thread is, in fact, about you.

Tuppers can do things and they can help you with things. If you think they can't, you are just being very stupid about it and refusing to see other options other than the ones you have been using poorly. The point of having a tulpa is not whoring them out or roleplaying on forums. Your tupper can talk to others and should, without you being there saying something every second sentence. That's the point, you and your tupper should be talking to others on public forums and channels and whatever else, not having a private circlejerk with just the two of you. You can do that in your head privately, showing it off is just weird and attentionwhore-y as fuck, making you look as a - you guessed it - roleplayer. Which hurts your tupper. It isn't about how long you have been on this site that makes people think you are a stupid newbie who can't be taken seriously, it's what you do with that time. And you have used it poorly.

Think about it. If you have a friend or a family member over and they want to say something to others in an irc chat, would you do constant back and forth chat with them on the channel? Would you post your conversations between you two as they're happening? You wouldn't. A tupper is like a friend or a family member in the same room with you. Not something you circlejerk with on forums or chatrooms.

Do it for your tupper. Let her (or him) have time alone without you, posting what they think without making the entire post being about you and your stupid private chat that should stay private in your head. If you really wish to share a conversation because it was funny or something, do it normally. Like how every other person would tell how a conversation went in the past with someone else. Trust me, they don't do it like you are doing.

The point of having a tupper is something you realize yourself. They're a great help in everything. A second opinion, an interesting companion you can talk to and share your problems with, someone who understands you like no one else could. It really makes you understand a thing or two about yourself and sometimes you really need them to call you out on your bullshit for you to realize something was a problem. Their honesty is the best way they can show their love. It's a relationship unique to a host and a tupper, something you couldn't have with another person. Sure, relationships with other people are important as well, but they aren't the same. There's a very different layer to a relationship you have with a tupper.

And maybe one day you will realize it without suddenly saying your tulpa is gone because you can't post your circlejerk all around a site. If that's what your tupper ever was to you and stopping it made her disappear, maybe you didn't have a tupper after all. Just a character you roleplayed as, for attention. Search yourself. If she is real, there is more to her than stupid out of place conversations done for nothing else but attention.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Guest MegaBusta

What is the point of having a tulpa? If you believe, and work hard, you eventually get a friend inside your head.

Great, but what use is that? They can't do things, or help you with things.

If the posts in this forum are anything to go by, they can:

*Manage Autism

*Manage Mild/Moderate pain

*Help with maths

*Keeping people from killing themselves (for a multitude of reasons)

*Help run down arguments/choices by giving you a somewhat different view point on them, helping you to make more informed decisions and sounder arguments.

As well as many other things.

Yes, my tulpa can talk to me and cheer me up. When she tries talking to others, nobody takes her seriously. Maybe it's because I'm not an OldMember. Even though... How long has this account been active? Most sites stop giving the newbies the cold shoulder after 2 weeks of activity. My tulpa can only talk to me. Even though she wants to, she cannot influence people to make them like me, as they assume it's a roleplayer.

Has the thought ever crossed your mind that maybe people don't want to talk to you due to the way you act? It's very off putting.

Companionship, as well as one of them many reasons I've stated above.

The point of having a tulpa is not whoring them out or roleplaying on forums. Your tupper can talk to others and should, without you being there saying something every second sentence. That's the point, you and your tupper should be talking to others on public forums and channels and whatever else, not having a private circlejerk with just the two of you. You can do that in your head privately, showing it off is just weird and attentionwhore-y as fuck, making you look as a - you guessed it - roleplayer. Which hurts your tupper.

My tulpa going on other forums? Tried that. They assumed I was a guy. But to be fair, she was Alice(Lame human girl, also kimda one-dimensional) back then, not Ace(Smart awesome funny Unicorn pony, kind to her friends and has a sick sense of humour sometimes).

Now that she's Ace, she's trying that again.

She has her own Ponysquare, her own Youtube with Fallout New Vegas LPs, her own Fanfiction.net account, and her own DeviantArt account. She does a lot of stuff without me.(Sort of- She uses my body to use our crappy laptop, while I do other stuff in the wonderland/mindscape. I really think Mindscape sounds cooler.)

And when she's doing other stuff, she'll rarely get into a good conversation with anyone. She'd rather write her fanfics and make her vids, post those, and be done with it. I don't know why, and she won't tell me why.

I mean, I understand not wanting to use Ponysquare, because so far, all she's done is clop with badly-written OCs. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I get the weird sense that she does enjoy it, but not much. Does she feel lonely without me? Or does she prefer to work rather than talk to random people?

Why won't my tulpa talk to me?

If I suddenly drop out of Chat, it means I was on my old and unreliable laptop. Was. PM me instead, because I can reply to PMs using my 3DS, but it can't use Chat.

Progress Report

My tulpa going on other forums? Tried that. They assumed I was a guy.

They assumed "you" were a guy? But it was supposed to be your tupper going there, not you? And even if they think she's a dude, so what? Saying you're an OMG GUURRRL ^^ is total attentionwhore mode anyways. It doesn't matter.

She has her own Ponysquare, her own Youtube with Fallout New Vegas LPs, her own Fanfiction.net account, and her own DeviantArt account. She does a lot of stuff without me.

How the fuck did she manage to do all that in how long she has been alive, now? Are you sure it's her you're letting to do stuff here instead of you just doing shit and saying it's her, or wishing it was her?

And when she's doing other stuff, she'll rarely get into a good conversation with anyone. She'd rather write her fanfics and make her vids, post those, and be done with it. I don't know why, and she won't tell me why.

If she doesn't want to talk to others, that's alright. You don't have to force her and there's nothing wrong with that. If she doesn't tell you why, ask yourself why she doesn't trust you enough to tell you. Tell her to be honest and be willing to take anything she says. It might not be pretty is she's avoiding it, but you have to hear the truth. It helps the most.

I mean, I understand not wanting to use Ponysquare, because so far, all she's done is clop with badly-written OCs.

Why did we have to hear this?

Relationship problem. You have to find the answer to that yourself. Talk to her. If you two want your relationship to work, you have to be able to talk. You have to be honest. Right now somehow I get the feeling here that you're being restricting as to how she is developing.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

What makes you worth talking to? If you can't think of a reason, work on improving yourself until you have a reason. We can't make you likable -- you need to do that yourself.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

They assumed "you" were a guy? But it was supposed to be your tupper going there, not you? And even if they think she's a dude, so what? Saying you're an OMG GUURRRL ^^ is total attentionwhore mode anyways. It doesn't matter.

She doesn't talk like that. Even when she was Alice, she didn't talk like that.

How the fuck did she manage to do all that in how long she has been alive, now? Are you sure it's her you're letting to do stuff here instead of you just doing shit and saying it's her, or wishing it was her?

We work fast. Deal with it. Besides, sleep is for noobs.

Why did we have to hear this?

Because I'm being honest and open with you people. Never done this before. Normally, I'd not tell you that. But I'm being honest, and telling you everything.

Right now somehow I get the feeling here that you're being restricting as to how she is developing.

I don't want to restrict her. I want to be a good host. What do I do?

Progress Report

She doesn't talk like that. Even when she was Alice, she didn't talk like that.

It was exaggerating, not implying she talked like that. The point is saying that you're a chick online is shit males (and sometimes the annoying attentionwhore females) often do for attention, so saying it is a warning sign.

Also "was" Alice? Is it even the same tupper anymore if the personality suddenly changed like that and she became another person? Was there any actual Alice or was she a puppet?

We work fast. Deal with it. Besides, sleep is for noobs.

Uhhuh.

Because I'm being honest and open with you people. Never done this before. Normally, I'd not tell you that. But I'm being honest, and telling you everything.

It was unnecessary. Learn to filter the shit that wastes everyone's time and gets us nowhere, thanks.

I don't want to restrict her. I want to be a good host. What do I do?

How about you fucking talk with her about it? Sit down and have a good, serious chat together, something I think you have never done. We can't tell you. Don't be an ass and don't force her to be anything she doesn't want to be. Let her do her shit. But fucking talk about it, we can't tell you what's wrong, she can. Listen to her. Talk.