Renaming "Tulpa" (and other tulpa terminologies)

Lacquer

What's the correct plural?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What's the correct plural?

• tulpas
    • tulpae
    • both (with the same meaning)
    • both (with different meanings)
    • neither

I ask because if the reputation of this community is intended to be one of an almost clinical approach

I extremely dislike the clinical approach. Mostly because it doesn't really exist. The whole idea is ridiculous and has no place in real life. I swing the anthropology approach, which basically says for the microcosm/community to use whatever words they shall and for the anthropologist to do the same. Just remember to understand the context/reasoning behind those words, such as an imagined view objectivity. The words will be defined or redefined within the community, but they will only be able to be understood through the lens of the community. This is practically a cultural universal. Everyone should really stop trying to fight it.

Since I'm not apart from the community, but rather, in it, I throw my hat in for whatever sounds the nicest while also describes the phenomenon the best it can. Forge is much better, though it doesn't sound as nice (and is still a bit off, definition-wise). Like I said, words are a bitch and a really inept way to describe the phenomena of the world, but, they're all we got.

>**Nothing inherently wrong with that, just difficult to take seriously from an academic perspective.

Heh heh heh, for now... for now...

“Just sick enough to be totally confident”

-H.S.T.

"Same thing; a soul's made of stories, not actions."

Progress Report

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Carl (for future reference. If he pops up as much as you say, you might be using his name again)

No idea how I missed that when I just spelled it correctly five minutes before, but I have an iPad and stress to blame. (Life.) And I will most definitely be using it again soon.

Whoa, pardner, getting pretty metaphysical there.

Am I? It's actually talking completely psychologically here. I don't believe I've drawn upon any metaphysical aspects, as I'm not really into that.

Yeah, but it seems like no one has ever made up a word that fits it properly enough.

'Bout time we make something like that then, isn't it?

You did say it meant "thought double"

so there you go.

"Thought double" is not a noun - it would be a tragedy upon the English language to call it that.

"Thought double" is not a noun - it would be a tragedy upon the English language to call it that.

That's why I got D for english.

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.

I meant about things like egregore and sigil.

That's not metaphysical, anymore than calling a tulpa a tulpa. The origin of the words meant one thing, I'm talking about another. Seeing we're reusing "servitor", "tulpa" and such from the Tibetian tulpa, I personally also lend "Sigil" to describe what a few of my friends, who are psychiatrics, psychologists and medical doctors, term a happiness modification. For example, one of my friends who's a medical doctor can often guess who'll recover from cancer, simply because of how happy they seem to be. The more they're happy, downgrade the importance of the cancer in their life and such, the better chance they'll recover it seems - I believe it's connected to how if we ignore our tulpae, they will slowly be eliminated, if only tangentially. Not that the tulpae's destruction method is the reason for how a cancer cell is successfully eliminated, but that both a tulpae's destruction and a cancer cell's destruction are sibling methods, who's parent is... I don't know, there's no name for it. But what I know is that all these people are confused, but have simply for the time being labeled it down as "happiness = better life", yet it doesn't explain how if you tell yourself every morning and every night "I'm the best person for the job of CEO", eventually you'll start acting like one subconsciously, which would result in people thinking that, too.

One of the biggest reasons I have for trying to create a tulpa is to study this phenomenon and conduct home-made research and share it with the people I know, who found this a very odd, and yet a very exciting prospect, and want to hear more.

>I personally also lend "Sigil" to describe what a few of my friends, who are psychiatrics, psychologists and medical doctors, term a happiness modification

Yeah, rereading your original post, I can clearly see that now, but I would like to know what you call an egregore.

>I personally also lend "Sigil" to describe what a few of my friends, who are psychiatrics, psychologists and medical doctors, term a happiness modification

Yeah, rereading your original post, I can clearly see that now, but I would like to know what you call an egregore.

I actually left it out, mostly because I'm still speculating with a few things I have, and waiting for email replies. I'm just sure there's something higher than tulpa that we can manage. Perhaps upgrading your own consciousness to have access to everything a tulpa and servitor has? And a godform is the duplication of this? (i.e. egregore is an enhanced sigil, and godform is an enhanced servitor or tulpa? Perhaps one that can at will, say, shut down your heart, or regrow a lost limb?) - I've no idea, and I'm eager to find out. I submit to the belief that the mind is capable of everything - I don't mean raising your hand to the sky and summoning lightning or flame, but I mean regrowing a lost finger or eye, changing your hormones, forcibly removing parts from your body, and such, but the entire brain is on autopilot, and modifying any of these functions isn't supposed to happen, and our consciousness is forbidden access to these functions. If we can use these egregores, godforms, tulpas and such to "hack" the brain (as much a fantasy as it sounds), it opens a whole new world.

Perhaps one that can at will, say, shut down your heart, or regrow a lost limb?) - I've no idea, and I'm eager to find out.

Perhaps one that can at will, say, shut down your heart...

I'm eager to find out.

eager to find out.

Suicide?

"DUDE! That's wrong! You don't do that! That's like giving a kid a knife and telling him that it's a neck massager!"

Shameless self promotion!