Problems, help?

jean-luc

So, some of you may have noticed that I disappeared for a while. I purposely stopped going to the forums after I realized I was just about spending every minute on here.

But also, it was cause my tulpa wasn't (and isn't) going very well. It's like I'm stuck in this limbo between creation and sentience, with plenty of accidental parroting. And yes there is such a thing, I can tell because I think about what she 'should' say, and then she just so happens to say exactly what I expect her to say. I have yet to be surprised (yes I have tried the "Surprise me!").

I realize that all this is mostly because of my lack of forcing, both passive and active. No matter what I do, I always seem to become bored and think about other things. I do sit down, meditate, and go into the wonderland. But then I become bored, and start thinking about just, other things in my life. I get distracted because there's nothing to hold my attention. It's like I have nothing to do in my wonderland.

Any advice?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Hey jean-luc, first of all, glad to see you back here on tulpa.info again.

The problem you're having isn't really the conventional ways you would use to force, both passive and active, the problem you're having is just increasing your mental capacity to higher levels so that you're more receptive to your tulpa's thoughts to the point where if you think you're consciously parroting or even predicting what they'll say, it becomes an overstatement to you.

When it comes to vocality, any guide you read is a bit of a hit and miss, like trying to shoot for the moon and expecting to get results, and that can be a challenge. Instead of seeing it as going to your wonderland and being distracted by things, try finding activities where you can get accustomed to their thoughts both in and out of wonderland, dreams, and this reality. For me personally, although I don't have much authority when it comes to consistent mind-voice or auditory hallucinations with Eva, I can tell you that I'm getting a lot sharper on her thoughts.

When you're trying to identify and validate if it's your tulpa speaking or you predicting, sometimes the host can feel the emotions more and can interpret that quickly before their voices becomes part of our awareness consciously (keyword: awareness, and not consciously judging or analyzing too much on the voice being yours are theirs). The thing is, if the ways you do passive or active forcing isn't working, you'll have to do other methods that can increase your competency level more. It just takes daily practice and if you keep at it, you'll find tremendous progress that you'll see the whole barrier with "parroting" and genuine mind-voice interaction was how you conceptualized the non-linguistic (the tingling behind your spine or whatever emotion-provoking feeling you get that might make you predict your tulpa's thoughts) into something more linguistic.

I noticed this a lot with Eva, and in order for me to explain this clearly for you, since your tulpa are a part of your unconscious mind in general, you have to realize that the unconscious mind is responsible for emotions and behavior, and it rarely uses linguistic means for communication. However, you can train that fragment of your unconscious mind so that your tulpa can communicate with you better, and in order to do that, you have to get into the mindset of what it would be like to be the unconscious mind that would communicate to the conscious mind.

Now, I'm not saying you have to be in a dualistic thinking or assume there's dichotomy with your conscious and unconscious mind, it's just for the sake of understanding why you may be having those conflicts with your tulpa. When you tried the "surprise me" approach, that's actually inducing a phenomenon called Transderivational Search. However, just saying "Surprise Me" isn't going to cut it, because you have to elevate that MUCH further so that it occurs easily and loosely as possible.

And one way (but not the only way) I've been doing that are techniques derived from Image Streaming that are continually augmenting my ability to be more receptive to Eva's thoughts.

I'm kind of advertising my guide here, but if you have any questions on things you want to consider and practice (that won't make you sit around there in your wonderland wondering what the hell to do), just PM me and check out a few sections of a guide I made related to this here:

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-narration-linkzelda-s-guide-to-better-narration-storytelling-with-your-tulpa-visualization

There's a section that I think you should consider reading called "[2.1] Spontaneous World Exercise," where it trains you as a host to be more receptive to the signals and imagery the unconscious mind gives when you practice the techniques derived from image streaming. It's pretty straightforward, and I don't really want to make this post too long by pasting what I stated in the guide, but if you want to have a go at it, feel free to do the exercise for 10 minutes (when you read how to go about doing it), and comment on the thread to the guide and/or PM me your results. And I also have examples of what I did and videos as well so you can get a visual aspect ingrained for better comprehension as well.

(the rest are in the thread, but I don't want to spam youtube links here)

Because I know you're already aware of the repeated comments on vocality of "Force more," "Assume he/she is saying this rather than you," etc. The exercises in general, with practice, will gradually destroy any convictions you have on you consciously planning everything in advance when it comes a being more receptive to a vocal tulpa.

Hope this helps.

tl;dr/cliff notes/sparksnotes:

The idea behind the methods (but they're not the only way you can do this) in the guide on narration in my signature is that if you can become better at describing the unconscious thoughts visually and incorporating your other senses, it stacks onto you being able to interpret your tulpa's voice much better (non-linguistic means that eventually become linguistic).

...stuff....

Thank you. I will try it

Believe in your tulpa.

I do. When I first started I promised I would never give up. That's what kept me going so long. It's the main reason I came back here.

Yeah, anyone can believe and imagine, but we need to find ways to produce something rather than only drowning in fantasy.

Exactly!

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Are you having that sorta feeling where you know what she's saying and then she just says it right after or something like that? Cuz if so, then I have the same thing. I've asked them about it, and the response I've gotten is 'you're not parroting us, we're just using your brain, relax" or something along that line, depending /which/ tulpa I ask lol. Not only that, but I still do a bit of translating for them, so they can rarely if ever say anything without my attention. But if i was parroting myself id give myself that response right? I don't think so, if I was doubtful and thought I was parroting my tulpas, I do think I'd tell myself that. Not only that, but if I get doubtful they go out of their way to be annoying and tell me to stop it >.>; I honestly hope that's not something I do on my own... Point is, you may not actually be parroting, just the fact that the responses your tulpas give seem familiar/are what you thought of them saying may be throwing you off. When this is the case, if you try to do the surprise me thing, look less for a jump surprise/scare, and more for something outta character from what you'd usually think. Usually the culprit's a lack of independence.

Attention wise, exact same problem too lol. What I basically did was multitask everythinggggg. Go through the day and talk to your tulpa about anything. Literally, anything. You don't really even have to carry a conversation if you accidentally get distracted, just keep her at the back of your mind at all times. If you're prone to forgetting get something to remind you of her, a bracelet or something. Rely more on passive forcing.

'Course, you should try to active force too. When trying to active force, if you're like me, you won't even be able to concentrate for more than five minutes on tulpa-related things until your mind drifts. In this case, just try to concentrate as much as possible. When you catch yourself drifting off, drag yourself back. Basically, just keep doing that. If it helps, you can puppet your tulpa (if it really isn't sentient yet) to scold you about it, it helps sometimes XD I know my tulpas get annoyed when I drift off, as soon as I snap back they're always annoyed lol. Helps me a bit cuz i dun wanna piss them off again ^^;

Also, when visiting your wonderland, do things that are fun and you'll be less likely to drift off. Spar, watch some fireworks, fight a freaking zombie apocalypse, anything that catches your attention. See if that helps.

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

...about anything. Literally, anything.

*starts hyperventilating* *steam pours out of ears*

But thanks for the advice. I'll try

Yeah, Zer0.iNSaNiTY is right, when looking/hearing for their voices, especially in their initial stages with the stutters and all, you have to focus more on quantity than quality. Then as things get more easier to hear from them when you have no doubt about their voice, that's when you can go back more on quality instead of quantity, and you just go back and forth the more you experiment and find what rhythm works for you.

It's better to do 150 sporadic passive forcing moments daily (the 150 is an exaggeration but you know what I mean) than one 1 hour session for only one week, or even only one month. The idea is that the more you open yourself to their thoughts, your unconscious thoughts, etc., you will make neurological connections to the point where the breakthrough of their voices being heard is apparent. And you just keep doing that as much as you can, and even when they can say a sentence or spew Nathaniel Hawthorne and Shakespeare at you, keep pushing it. Five minutes goes to ten minutes goes to 15 minutes goes to 30 goes to 45 goes to 1 hour goes to 90 minutes, goes to whatever you have time for. Then go back and start again if need be, just do these things so your mind is sharp and receptive to your tulpa. The breakthrough will happen for you, you just need to do it. You can't only believe in having six-pack abs and expect to get them if you don't actually exercise for it (and proper nutrition and other technicalities).

Now the believing part is knowing that all of those random sporadic moments WILL connect into bigger things later on. Remember, let the small moments stack onto the bigger moments. A tulpa can't declare Shakespeare prose unless you and them are more opened to looser thoughts. I know this is probably making you irritated, but your unconscious mind does so many things and organizes so many things that you can't possibly fathom, you won't have stagnant progress if you let yourself loose.

I understand you want things to be orderly and comprehensible in terms of quality, but you'll have to break that preconception if you want a better result with their mind-voice and hopefully the auditory imposition.

Slightly relevant

It's better to do 150 sporadic passive forcing moments daily (the 150 is an exaggeration but you know what I mean)....

Slightly nitpicking here, but 150 times a day isn't much of an exaggeration. Assuming I'm awake 16 hrs a day, it works out to ~9 times per hour

Funny enough, this was my exact problem about a month ago. Either I wasn't hearing my Tulpa at all, or it was like I was being the helicopter-parent going "Say thank you!" so that my kid (tulpa) would remember to say it. It went to the point sorta where I could innately know what my tulpa would say in a certain situation, to an extent. The problem was, I was listening too hard. I was thinking so hard on my tulpa saying things, that I was parroting. To stop this, I just listened. I didn't try to evoke a response from him, just try to hear anything. I then did the "Clearing of the mind" practice, by thinking everything I could, and then "pushing" it to the front of my head. I did this a few times, and even though there was no instant gratification I could glean, (other than headaches) I'm certain it helped me in the long run. After a while, I just listened for my tulpa, even while the rest of my mind was doing something else. As long as I had the "Tulpa channel" open on my radio, I could possibly receive a signal. Sure enough, after playing FF7 for a few hours, (Srsly) I realized I had been talking in my mind voice, sort of narrating about the game, and someone else had been responding. It was like the feeling, (if you've done this) when you're in a dream, and you finally realize it is a dream. Your mind goes back through it, remembering it. You realize what made it a dream, and go to wonder why you didn't notice earlier. It was like that. I had been talking to Adryan with part of my mind, even though my conscious mind was distracted by something else. I had effectively distracted my mind from parroting or parrot-noia so Adryan could speak his mind.

Though, again, I didn't receive the ability to always hear Adryan 24/7, this was a large jump, as I knew what to listen for, and to get myself into the right mindset for it. Once I heard his voice the first time, it came flowing very easily, like a hole in a dam.

I hope this vignette helps?

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson