What hasn't been covered?

Kiahdaj

It is possible, and despite of there being a few guides, the thing with getting the auditory imposition down is just remember what you did for mind-voice interaction (I'm presuming you had some progress on that). Most of those vocality guides tell you that you just need to think about anything and talk about anything with your tulpa, and that's really just the most fundamental concept. Because the idea behind them is that the more you just let your thoughts out loosely without having to worry on how vocal your tulpa is, practice will eventually make the breakthrough. But it's hard for most people to have that kind of mental endurance when they're trying to impose an image on their tulpa through other means (form, character, personality, etc.)

It's just one of those things where you have to do mental exercises that forces you to think quickly so that you'll eventually notice that not everything you hear from your tulpa is "parroting." I look at Fede's guides on auditory imposition and a few other guides and personally that's all that's needed. People just need to know how to practice, practice, practice instead of wanting all obvious concepts spoon-fed to them.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all, Shui, Where did you find that quote from Alexandra David-Neel's book? I'd be very interested in reading that. If you have it, or know where to find it, please tell me. Your posts are really awesome by the way.

Thanks. :)

The book this is quoted from has been published under two titles in English: With Mystics and Magicians in Tibet and Magic and Mystery in Tibet. You can find the online text here and a pdf here.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Thanks for the book Shui.

It is possible, and despite of there being a few guides, the thing with getting the auditory imposition down is just remember what you did for mind-voice interaction (I'm presuming you had some progress on that). Most of those vocality guides tell you that you just need to think about anything and talk about anything with your tulpa, and that's really just the most fundamental concept. Because the idea behind them is that the more you just let your thoughts out loosely without having to worry on how vocal your tulpa is, practice will eventually make the breakthrough. But it's hard for most people to have that kind of mental endurance when they're trying to impose an image on their tulpa through other means (form, character, personality, etc.)

It's just one of those things where you have to do mental exercises that forces you to think quickly so that you'll eventually notice that not everything you hear from your tulpa is "parroting." I look at Fede's guides on auditory imposition and a few other guides and personally that's all that's needed. People just need to know how to practice, practice, practice instead of wanting all obvious concepts spoon-fed to them.

I don't really have much experience since I haven't made a tulpa yet, but I have lurked extensively. I tried making one once but sort of lost confidence at some point due to making it for the wrong reasons. Anyway, so what you're saying is that all you need for auditory imposition is a lot of narration? I'm a bit confused.

All I'm saying is that there's a great discrepancy between the guides on this and the guides on everything else, of which there are a lot. Even for things like visualization which everyone does on a regular basis and is a pretty obvious concept. I think it'd be sort of nice to have a guide on hearing your tulpa, especially for people who might not get as far as sight imposition.

The thing when people are trying to research guides and get the bigger picture and connecting the dots, it might take a while because they were overwhelmed by so many guides and they don't know what to do with that information. Most of the time they already have the knowledge, but just not the actual "how" in applying them to practice.

And like you stated before, some people just needed to re-evaluate their whole reasons for making a tulpa, and I think that's one of the biggest barriers anyone would have to face. We can be confident in the techniques and methods we try out, but if we have some kind of worrying that can creep onto us the more we do it, it can just drain our confidence completely. And auditory imposition, or at least mind-voice attempts would be the most desirable thing to get to, since if we can have the linguistic barrier settled with our tulpa, it would make most of our problems easier because communication with them would help with shifting towards good habits instead of having to train or exercise more to get a bad habit out of their minds.

Which is why as much as people may want more eloquent guides in explanations, the person will still have to actually do something in the end. People probably are just afraid to experiment and take risks, and they tend go back on previous memories on failures, and it's definitely something difficult to acknowledge and shift into more positive thinking and sustaining that positivity. It's really a challenge, but all I can tell you is that knowing that you may make mistakes, but still giving it your all and practicing, learning how to evaluate things and being seriously honest with yourself will help you make the breakthrough with the tulpa creation process.

What steps, concepts, etc; anything relating to the tulpa phenomenon do you feel still have yet to be covered in any guides, or popular threads?

Really; anything at all.

Kevin says:

I think the history of tulpa making before 2000 is much missing (see attached image quote from Albatross, 27 Feb' 2013), or difficult to find. Most don't know that tulpas were also a psychological phenomena (with books) in the 70's, or that they gained a following back around 1901 (also, with books). In fact, the incidences of resurgence in tulpas {in the West'} co-inside with publication of information on making tulpas; all the way back to 1840.

Related to that, coverage of the Tibetan methods and philosophy of making tulpas is sparse.

PpzHrxj.thumb.png.d280728be76847c14f9262be611df86d.png

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

I think the history of tulpa making before 2000 is much missing (see attached image quote from Albatross, 27 Feb' 2013), or difficult to find. Most don't know that tulpas were also a psychological phenomena (with books) in the 70's, or that they gained a following back around 1901 (also, with books). In fact, the incidences of resurgence in tulpas {in the West'} co-inside with publication of information on making tulpas; all the way back to 1840.

Could you share some of that information? I've been researching tulpas for around ten years now, and I haven't come across it. I imagine they probably used different words to refer to tulpas, since Alexandra David-Neel didn't introduce the word "tulpa" to the western world until the 20s.

The most I can think of is the Philip experiment in the 70s, but I doubt that's what you're talking about.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

A couple things I haven't seen covered (it probably has been and I'm just blind as fuck):

1) Relation to analytical (Jungian) psychology

2) Psychosomatism and tulpas.

Name: Ruusaan

Form: Human

Working on: Imposition

Name: Lyra

Form: Satyr

Working on:

Name: Lily

Form: Human

Working on:

You guys are taking this way more seriously than I hoped you would.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Welcome to Tulpa.info

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson