Q&A Moderation

waffles

Guest MegaBusta

Honestly, Hour counts aren't the poison that they're said to be. As long as you treat an hour count similar to a child development timeline (i.e. an approximation of roughly when a developmental milestone will occur), you'll be fine. The problem is when dumbdumbs think that it's a set in stone sort of thing, and then might brush something off as parroting because a tulpa is speaking at n-1 hours instead of exactly on n, or crying about accidentally creating a servitor because their tulpa isn't moving 5 minuits after reaching hour count x.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mentally ill" people is even more ambiguous. Many mentally ill people know and consider themselves to have a mental illness - Insight. There are varieties of mental illness. Maybe you don't actually have a particular mental illness in mind at all?

You can get diagnosed with whatever, be mentally ill and get pills, sure. You can also tell everyone how you're so and so and totally cuhraaazeee ecksdee. Very popular on the internets. Or you could be actually crazy and think the aliens are watching your every move and now you have to piss yourself all the time because the smell of urine hides you from their magic radars.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Personally, when I read about hour counts, I was thrown off. Counting the time isn't good for some tulpamancers. It's strange, I guess. I'm an avid reader, yet tracked reading was harder for me.

Anyway, what I was saying was that for some people, hour counts solidifies the "long road" ahead of making your tulpa unnecessarily, when many people deviate a lot from the hour count timeline anyway. That's what it had done for me, so I am glad I chose not to use them.

Uh Sands, that's cool, but I wasn't talking about people pretending to be ill on the internet. But I guess I have an /idea/ of what you are talking about now.. people with delusions. I haven't really witnessed much of it myself. The closest I got to it was actually an old lady with dementia in the middle of some kind of.. scenario that wasn't actually going on. The hospital was stealing her baby and she wanted me to take her to her baby and call the police. I was telling her that wasn't so, but she wouldn't believe me. I was told not to tell patients that their scenarios aren't actually happening, though.

My lip hurts.

Sure, counting hours or not, do it if you want to or think it could help you, don't do it if you don't. If you're one who easily starts to think how they should have gotten x or y at z hours, then yeah, you wouldn't make use of them at all. But if you're curious and want to set yourself goals, like "I'll force for x hours today", then that might very well help you force more. I sure as hell know it made me stick to the schedule, because I made a promise with myself instead of just going all "meh, I guess I'll force today" and then half-ass five minutes and go back on IRC. It's personal, but the point is, they're not dangerous as long as you don't start expecting or assuming stupid stuff.

Also our lovely now-admin Chupi had the signature of HOUR COUNTS ARE TULPA POISON or something before he was told that it's not the brightest idea. He had that one for a while. Every time you saw one of his posts, you were reminded that oh god hour counts will kill your tulpa!!

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

• 4 years later...

hello

I think a good idea might be to send new members a PM containing a friendly welcome message because we don't want to send them a nasty welcome message do we, and a collection of useful resources for them to get started with. Additionally, they could be informed that a lot of questions they may have will already be answered, either in those guides, or by using the search function for the Q&A forum (with an explanation of how to use it).

Yes sure