Q&A Moderation

waffles

Waffles, I specifically said, at least three times, that if its on the same page that I'm completely in favor of completely deleting it and telling them it's there already and to read the answers..

Ok, of course you use your brain to make a tulpa just as you use it for everything, but that's not the same as using it to search for q's.

As for the one-size-fits-all thing, yeah, I already know that all solutions here won't work best for everyone. Unless your point is that people shouldn't be asking anything because the solutions given aren't absolute (and you said that was not your point), I don't see why that was pointed out in the first place. Needless to say.

*Edited out hostility and screaming. My bad.*

My lip hurts.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, I side with Yori on all of this. But I'm tired of arguing about it.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Guest Anonymous

Sigh.

Yori, you're breaking several rules. Take a breather and reword what you've said in the post above Shui in a mature manner.

1.3. No shouting.

You shout when you type your sentences in capitals. Please refrain from doing this, unless it is your intention to do so. However, even if it is your intention, you should refrain from doing so. Topic titles must be in lower case, where the first letter of each word is allowed to be in upper case.

1.8. Be Professional.

Be professional towards others by minimizing your use of profanity, explicit content, etc.

For further clarification, please read my comments about professionalism for further clarification of the following rules.

Tt should be noted that the community is not against cursing. The occasional "hell," "damn," or "shit" is fine, if used in good taste, and members can swear without crossing the line of professionalism just as the line can be crossed without the use of a single swear word.. For purposes of these rules, offensive, explicit, and profane will be described in the following rules.

I'll get a reply in a bit. C'mon guys, it shouldn't come to this.

Ahahaha, oh man. The people screaming troll when they no longer can handle it are the greatest.

Professionalism ho! You think a person like you should be listened to, Yori? You're not very convincing here.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Waffles, I specifically said, at least three times, that if its on the same damn page THAT IM update:COMPLETELY IN FAVOR OF COMPLETELY DELETING IT!!!!!! WIPING IT OFF THE MAP!!! AND COMPLETELY TELLING THEM ITS THERE ALREADY AND TO READ THE GOD DAMN ANSWERS! IF I REPEAT THIS AGAIN MY JUGULAR VEIN WILL POP UP! WHY ARE YOU TROLLING ME? THERE'S NO WAY YOU'RE NOT TROLLING ME. WHAT THE FUCK. update: IF YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE A POINT, IT FAILED. NOT PARALLEL AT ALL.

I don't care what you would have done to the questions. You said that such a question wouldn't constitute laziness and stupidity, which I disagree with.

Ok, smart ass, of course you use your brain to make a tulpa just as you use it for everything, but that's not the same as using it to search for q's.

Stupidity is stupidity, regardless of application.

As for the one-size-fits-all thing, yeah, I already know that all solutions here won't work best for everyone. Unless your point is that people shouldn't be asking anything because the solutions given aren't absolute (and you said that was not your point), I don't see why that was pointed out in the first place. Needless to say.

If you know it then that's great. You'd then get my point that sometimes people need to figure things out for themselves in the process because you can't always get an answer from someone else, and that this is incompatible with being braindead.

The whole stupidity stuff is definitely just exaggerations about things we are annoyed at. I guess that's all I can say and saying "No, it's not stupid" would be more of a back and forth thing, and as for laziness, I was referring to older threads rather than those right on the same page. With the former it's such a small matter that I don't think it needs any comment like that, sort of like complaining about laziness when someone asks you to give them the liter of soda next to you rather than getting up.

I don't think considering things lazy or the purpose of the word is just about how much action they're avoiding with other possible paths they could take (with that, all forms of work smart not hard would be laziness), but how much of an issue it causes. Ex: I don't consider it lazy to drive to the skating rink rather than walking to it. A lot of action is avoided when you drive rather than walking. But I would consider it lazy to demand your aunt come to your house so she can deliver a can of soda to your bedroom rather than you getting it from the fridge.

My lip hurts.

Consider this.

Look back and see how mad you got after answering what, how many questions? Questions you said were already answered, basically?

Oh and your analogy? Going and finding the answer to your question on your own is getting a soda from the fridge. Posting a question that already has been asked before is like asking that aunt of yours to bring you a soda to your bedroom. Enjoy.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Sands, I didn't incorporate any of that into an analogy, also, that's outrageous. Posting a question that was answered before is not like asking someone to go to your house and bring a soda to your bedroom. That'd be more like asking a group of people a question when it's in the recording. You're not trying to severely inconvenience someone like in the aunt/soda one, (or inconvenience someone at all) by asking a question that was asked before. You could argue against what's in the parenthesis if there was a rule requiring members that see a q thread to answer.

I'm not sure I understand your first sentence, but it sounds like you didn't read what I was mad about. I was mad after saying something for the 4th time, and that wasn't even a response to a question. I was not answering anyone's question there. Please read the post rather than seeing an 'opponent' yelling and trying to cash in.

My lip hurts.

I don't think considering things lazy or the purpose of the word is just about how much action they're avoiding with other possible paths they could take (with that, all forms of work smart not hard would be laziness), but how much of an issue it causes. Ex: I don't consider it lazy to drive to the skating rink rather than walking to it. A lot of action is avoided when you drive rather than walking. But I would consider it lazy to demand your aunt come to your house so she can deliver a can of soda to your bedroom rather than you getting it from the fridge.

Let's cut to the chase. You don't think reasking a question instead of checking to see whether it had been answered in any of either past Q&A threads, guides or the FAQ is lazy? That's what your definition seems to say, and what the rest of your post implies to me.

Oh, and let's look at the dictionary for definitions:

OED gives "Unwilling to work or use energy", Wiktionary gives "Unwilling to do work or make an effort.". So there you go.

I was mad after saying something for the 4th time...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...