The Moderation of Tulpa.info

Kiahdaj

fc94c571bebfbe47dcbe6bef8ce1a1ae.png

-------------

>although he told us on IRC that he deleted the post himself

The post was deleted as per request by a moderator (in a private conversation, so I don't know where you got "us" from). I decided to delete it myself to avoid any further unnecessary confrontation.

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MegaBusta

What would you like more transparency about, specifically?

Right now, mostly about having posts deleted and not being told about it.

A simple PM with a reason about why a specific post got deleted would be helpful and appreciated.

Alternatively, I know that some of the other forums I've gone to gave moderators the option to leave behind stubs where deleted posts were. These stubs contained the name of the moderator who deleted the post the reason the moderator deleted it. Although I'm not entirely sure if something like that could be added to the forums (or if it's just not being used), it too would be helpful and appreciated. Either way, it's frustrating and sometimes confusing to see posts that you've made get deleted without getting told a reason why.

Another thing I'd like to see is an announcement being made when a new moderator/admin is brought in.

I would like to ask what I can do to help? Do the mod's need assistants, secretaries. what? Please, I'm honestly asking. (I tried searching for an old thread that tells what help is needed, but the Rules and Donate posts where all I found.)

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

I would like to ask what I can do to help? Do the mod's need assistants, secretaries. what? Please, I'm honestly asking. (I tried searching for an old thread that tells what help is needed, but the Rules and Donate posts where all I found.)

How about those who are interested (and I'm sure a good number of us are) sign up to become mods in training?

I'm sure a few more guys would help lighten the workload and begin to foster a more "genial and cooperative" relationship amongst posters and the mod teams. At the very least we'd go a month or two without the old vanguard of the community making topics crying about how tulpa.info has changed and them being powerless to stop it.

If it's not ludicrous to expand the moderator team like this, I say give a few guys a two week trial period, give us a couple tasks to do, evaluate our performance and decide from there.

Get the mods we're complaining about to train other people to be mods?

I can't be the only person who sees a problem with that.

Also, we don't need more mods. There isn't a huge "workload". If the mods have time to delete and edit posts that don't even call for it, then they most certainly have plenty of time to moderate the forums.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Get the mods we're complaining about to train other people to be mods?

I can't be the only person who sees a problem with that.

Also, we don't need more mods. There isn't a huge "workload". If the mods have time to delete and edit posts that don't even call for it, then they most certainly have plenty of time to moderate the forums.

What I'm saying is you or sands should be given a chance to become a mod so you stop making posts like these and go back to writing guides and discussing tulpa. Unless that would be an unwelcome burden for you guys, I think it's a decent compromise and would end the current argument.

There has been an acknowledged problem from the community that has a less than enthusiastic response from the mod team. So why not put one of "your guys" (so to speak) on the task to fix what you think is plaguing us?

My thought process was that you'd be more eager to jump in and fix things yourself, but I did not take into account the idea you wouldn't join the moderator team if asked.

There's only so much we can do when the admin is one of the main people we have a problem with.

Being a mod will only allow us to moderate properly. We can't really do anything about the others, who aren't.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

There's only so much we can do when the admin is one of the main people we have a problem with.

Being a mod will only allow us to moderate properly. We can't really do anything about the others, who aren't.

You are going to have to humor me here (or just tell me that I'm talking out of my ass because I am) but if we had a few people willing to stand in the middle and be a moderator and argue for the interests of you, Sands, and the forums in general I'm sure it would better help us start the dialogue and hash out our differences.

It would also help the moderators if a respected member of the community was the one to say, "Tone done your posts, fellas," instead of swashbuckler blasting the moderation cannon without announcing why and when (if that is even what happened).

As dumb and as corny as this may sound, working together may be our best option here if the moderator team is willing to go this route because I don't think we're going to be able to install a new admin and I'm not sure the community is big enough or willing enough to go through a schism at the current moment.