Is this actually possible? (Mental Suicide)

Spartanelete

Obviously no clinical evidence directly with tulpas since there aren't many studying them, but iirc it's not unheard of in patients with DID / related disorders for the original consciousness to "die" like this. Like what I've heard of it his community and what kerin describes, they may come back later, either spontaneously or through effort made by the other entities.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I've been doing a little reading since, and it seems that, from observation, that it is gateway systems that are the most likely ones to have death, possibly irreversible. From what I understand, I don't think most of the host-tulpa/s systems in this community resemble gateway systems much, though gateway systems can most definitely have tulpas.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

This reminds me of the Major merging with the Puppet Master in Ghost in the Shell (the Solid State Society one). It's interesting how there can be implications of paradoxes that a mind creating what would be implied as another consciousness, or whatever, has the potential to be the end all be all of what created them. Kind of like something begetting something (e.g. the demise of their creator), but that seems to be question begging on mind and body (e.g. if these aspects are inseparable, or there can actually dichotomies).

Especially if one takes into consideration of the level of effort involved to have the host absolve themselves from their selfhood, and other aspects of their ontology (e.g. how they validate their existence). We’d have to wonder how something like that automatically becomes nonexistent, or at least not paid attention to anymore. Then questions on how sentience suddenly becomes so rudimentary again that they don’t have any sense of self anymore. Then more questions on how experiential (conscious) cases suddenly become non-experiential.

Hell, it’s even complicated to explain how implications of a tulpa’s sentience, whose origins may be non-experiential unless the host implies they can access their memories, or the treating as sentient philosophy, can suddenly become experiential, and back again to non-experiential, i.e., the ability of infinite regress seems to require a lot of effort.

This may really just be a psychosomatic experience to the extreme where they host is so suggestive that their very sentience can be diminished, or not acknowledged at all. Take into the consideration of lucid dreaming, and how a person, especially in a WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dream) method shifts their awareness from waking state to dreaming state. They don’t have to pay attention to their body, they’re just in an altered state of consciousness, or awareness to those that have negative connotations for “consciousness.”

This mental suicide, or egocide would be akin to experiencing non-lucid dreams, and in a seemingly infinite regress for as long as one’s physical body and mind still exists. Seems kind of futile to do this unless one where to apply metaphysical implications of why this mental destruction is even possible. I’ve had a few moments where I attempted to switch, and my breathing was completely different from waking life, and I presumed this was because I shifted my awareness to psychosomatic, and imaginary senses, and reverted back to waking life senses because of the initial shock.

If we’re capable of creating mental worlds, universes, and what have you, it just raises questions on why this would be prevalent to sentient beings that can make symbolic meaning in the reality they exist it (whether it’s through waking state, or dreaming state). Things like solipsism, materialism, dialectal materialism, panpsypchism, and other forms of objectivism and subjectivism are barely considered, and threads like this just becomes another pretense for hype, and more incentive for those who hate their existence to use switching for long-term escapism.

Either this probability of infinite regress with mental suicide/egocide is just a coping mechanism, or the only beneficial potential I’m seeing from this is that the host would become aware of whatever mental state they’re in other than ones they typically engage in this spatiotemporal reality, and they end up recollecting any lessons they learned in absolving from reality.

Kind of like some mental loop and impasse until the host learns to accept their fate and reality as it is, and move forward instead of creating alternatives on how to live life, but never really making an end result. But even if an individual where to do that, and their tulpa living their lives, and even attempting to emulate their host’s personality via pre-existing memories and such, it’s just another challenge to answer about implications with pluralist ontology, epistemology, and such.

I'm not sure if it can be as simple as going into your wonderland and killing yourself, but I know it's possible for a host to willingly disappear. Although, the situation would have to be pretty severe. Either way, anything inside your brain is possible.

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." -Ludwig Van Beethoven

I'm not sure if it can be as simple as going into your wonderland and killing yourself, but I know it's possible for a host to willingly disappear. Although, the situation would have to be pretty severe. Either way, anything inside your brain is possible.

True. That just results in an imagination sequence, maybe temporary ejection from your wonderland, and a bit of psychosomatic pain if you did it vividly enough. Possibly if you were deep enough in your wonderland and detached from your body you'd black out for a bit like if you die in a dream.

I tried to egocide quite recently, and had sucess for a couple days. Bloody difficult, but it's possible.

I'm rather curious how this went. And do you mean the substitute-for-suicide sort where you make your consciousness implode and leave a tulpa or whatever in charge; or the sort that's more related to enlightenment where you let go of the concept of self and the boundaries between you and everything else?

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)