Your tulpa's Age

TulpaCouple

What 'age' is your tulpa  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What 'age' is your tulpa

• I have a specific age for them (ex. 19 years old)
    • I just consider them the same age as myself
    • I consider them via their creation dates(or date of vocality, etc)
    • Other

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughtform age has been a complicated issue for me from the start, and I question the usefulness of trying to willfully force such specific characteristics, what with deviation being a potential problem.

Near the beginning of my first tried and true 'tulpa' experience (partially accidental, and without knowledge of this site), I consciously calculated the exact, preferred birthday for the character I wanted to foster. I figured early 30s would suit him best.

However, subsequent dreams, along with further meditative exploration and discussions with the 'tulpa' himself, suggested I had it all wrong -- not just his age, but his appearance, proclivities, and everything else.

I asked [him] to remember his age. He said something to the effect of...spanning many ages. I decided he could answer "yes" or "no" to each age I suggested.

I asked, "27?"

He answered with, "Lived it."

I finally stopped at "35?" because I knew his repeated answer ("Lived it.") would open all sorts of discussion I wanted to avoid for the time being.

Eventually I chose (or made several attempts) to put a stop to the first experience due to its unsettlingly 'real' nature and implications.

Since then, I've decided to proceed with caution and let the 'tulpa' build itself over time. So far, the original target age, as well as archetype and characteristics, seem to be panning out. If all goes according to half-baked, poorly defined plan, then he will adopt a 34 year old Aquarius birthday. I'm steeled for surprises, though.

My Tulpa's form looks like one of a boy that's around 17 years old, and mentally, he fits that age too, even if he still shows signs of naivety (but that's because he lacks personal experiences).

But I start counting his age from the day I created him, so it means he's around 2 years old.

They both claim to be 17 even though neither one ever looks that old. Like, the closest they get is Forseen looking maybe 15/16. It's weird. But they say they're that old, and I'm not gonna argue about it.

Alex is my age though.

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

I judge by both age of form/mentality (which in the case of my tulpas, tend to be close) and by date of creation (as noted in sig). Thus: Ruu is 19/20 or nearly 1 year, Lyra is 8 and around 3 months, and Lily is 16/17 and around 7/8 months.

Name: Ruusaan

Form: Human

Working on: Imposition

Name: Lyra

Form: Satyr

Working on:

Name: Lily

Form: Human

Working on:

Age is a topic I've seen discussed a few times now. Everyone has their own way of doing things.

Personally I judge my tulpa's age from the day I created him, so that makes him a year and three months.

You can't really compare a tulpas age to a humans age, it does make any sense to. Their form may appear to be a certain age but it's just an imaginary form and given it doesn't actually exist physically it is ageless.

Really comes down to the individual how they want to measure it.

There are really two distinct ages,

-How long the tulpa has existed

-The apparent age of their form

This always made sense to me.....

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Maybe three, if you count mental age as well. In many cases, it's distinct from the others.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

I have older tulpas in their 30's and 40's. The rest of them, including RachLynn are 17 and 18. Some of my younger tulpas do have moments where they are established and in their 20's but they seem to like the time where they were younger (17 - 18). I do have kid tulpas as some of them have children. I just have a large family lol.

My Tulpa: RachLynn

Special: I have many tulpas that I let possess me

(Jackie, Clayton, Shaunice, Gerald, and Taylor).

Jackie's mother and her family are very important to me,

they also sometimes possess me when they come back

to my mind! (Chrissa, Steven, Erica, James, Shayna, and Deon).

I personally count both real age (in terms of creation date) and "tulpa-years" which I note as being how old they say they are. They go hand-in-hand though, for me at least.

For example, Cozmo is 14 right now. Her creation date/birthday is October 31st, 2012. When her birthday comes around, she will turn 15 in tulpa-years, but her real age would be 1.