Ivy/Preddi on merging confusion

Well, we just joined the board, so we suppose we owe a bit of introductions before we get into our main topic. Hey there, we're a multiple system that just so happened to have a tulpa, Preddi, in our system made a few months before we even knew we were a system and before we knew what a tulpa was, so we thought we could talk to people here for advice on further growth. We Chose the username "YellowCorridor" because our mind space most of the time appears as a yellow hallway that leads into each of our "Rooms".

Right now the two of us talking are Ivory"Ivy" and Preddi, as the title would suggest it feels like we're sort of merging or such, wasn't really a conscious decision on either of our parts, and at the time we still both feel at least a certain degree of individuality among the two of us, but we've found we're not really able to switch right now, and Ivy is feeling more and more like Preddi and vice versa, both of us starting to feel less and less distinguishable from each other.

Flo also has some experience with this.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Hi! Welcome to the community.

What you describe sounds like you are forming a gestalt ("The whole is different to sum of the parts"). That's not something I hear of a lot, but the Watchdogs (of mine) do it whenever they have really big problems to tackle. Interestingly, the gestalt Watchdog is very similar to our human Kevin in many respects.

This 'merging' (as you call it) is the reverse of the process of making a tulpa independent. It can either be just memory (as kerin, Kevin, and the Watchdogs have done), or two or more complete personalities.

Tl;dr: Uncommon, but not unheard of.

That seems to make sense. We're actually able to switch again now, I'm me again and Preddi's herself again, but we do still both have a little of each other mixed in with what was there before. - Ivy

Flo also has some experience with this.

Alright, we'll talk to them when we get the chance ^^

HAAAIII I'm here :3 But I don't get the question o^o Two of you guys feel like you're merging or something? As far as I know it's entirely possible for it to happen, sometimes it's done intentionally, sometimes not. If you guys wanna stay separate, you probably can. Actually, not probably. I'm sure you can. Just find a way to keep yourself away from the other. Symbolism's a thing to try, it's what I use a lot with meh magical strings of goo XD That probably made no sense to you. This is what I'm talking about. But basically, as long as you two want to stay separate, I doubt you'll ever entirely merge.

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

HAAAIII I'm here :3 But I don't get the question o^o Two of you guys feel like you're merging or something? As far as I know it's entirely possible for it to happen, sometimes it's done intentionally, sometimes not. If you guys wanna stay separate, you probably can. Actually, not probably. I'm sure you can. Just find a way to keep yourself away from the other. Symbolism's a thing to try, it's what I use a lot with meh magical strings of goo XD That probably made no sense to you. This is what I'm talking about. But basically, as long as you two want to stay separate, I doubt you'll ever entirely merge.

Well yeah, thats basically it, it's more or less stopped now though, it was an odd experience, but we've sorted things out for the most part. But it's kinda weird because while everything is seemingly back to normal, we both have more of the other's traits now.

Nice to meet you by the way!