No Progress...

CommisarRaege

Hello Everyone, this is my first time posting in the forums so please excuse my inexperience, onward to the topic, About 3 months ago I started forming my tulpa and I have seen little progress. I have put in about 14 hours and often narrate to her when I am not in an actual session with her.

However aside from one or two spontaneous thoughts that popped into my head 2 weeks back I have seen no signs of sentience or even emotional response for that matter. I the have searched the forums for similar threads (to no avail) and I have tried 2 of the guides on the site however neither one really worked worked. I would really appreciate any input on the situation and I am open to any suggestions.

You'll just have to keep doing more if you're not getting any results. Some people just take longer to get these things done unconsciously, the brain needs to be pushed a little bit more than usual to really get a mental workout.

The least I do is force and/or narrate for 60 minutes a day, and 90 minutes at most so far to really give myself a challenge. It will happen, but you just need to go for consistency and keep focusing on her.

Guest Anonymous

14 hours over the course of 3 months is nothing. You need to force more. 30 minutes a day is the bare minimum and an hour a day is what you should strive for.

It depends on person to person, some people have an easier time doing things, but may question their motives in negative ways (lack of belief) and vice versa. General rule of thumb is just use them in tandem with each other (believing and actually having the urgency of doing to eventually have success). You could be the greatest of doers, but have zero motive and belief, just allow yourself to shift into both mindsets (believing/thinking & doing/experimenting) back and forth.

Thanks for the replies guys, I have tried to do so for more than half an hour but it just gets really difficult to do it past that because my mind gets really cluttered on other things. I've heard a lot of good things about meditation but I don't really know how to start putting that into my sessions.

• 4 weeks later...

So it's been around two weeks into making my tulpa, and I am not sure if my progress (or lack of progress) is normal.

I have no idea how exactly to get into 'lucid mode' despite printing a binders worth of guides, my visualization is making similar progress, and I am not sure if my tulpa has attempted to communicate with me yet.

It has taken me two weeks to feel clueless, nowhere and generally stupid. I have kept an upbeat, accepting and very confident attitude for some time, but its hard when nothing seems to happen. I hope I'm just being a tulpa-blind idiot, cause that seems more hopeful then having not even a emotional/head pressure response after this much time. I mean, should I be expecting even simple communications at this point? Am I asking too much?

Two weeks isn't really that long. I would force for a few more weeks. If you think you are doing something wrong, I would get on the irc as instant commutation is generally better for that sort of thing.

And what's lucid mode?

Just read around--if you do, you will be sure you're not doing anything wrong.

And yeah, two weeks is way too soon to be concerned about lack of progress.

Be patient.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Just read around--if you do, you will be sure you're not doing anything wrong.

And yeah, two weeks is way too soon to be concerned about lack of progress.

Be patient.

Phew. That's reassuring to hear.

And Wolfspy, I think its like a half-way dream state.

Now that I know I probably haven't done anything that is catastrophically stunting my tulpa's growth, i'll try to shut up any anxious thoughts until at least a month has passed. Maybe two? Gah, sometimes I wish there was a way to know.

Oh well, anything that lasts takes time. A few months is more than reasonable pay for a lifetime companion. And awesome mind-skills that money can't buy.

Thanks a bundle!