I'm rather confused about this...

Monolith

Alright, this question has been on my mind for a while.

Say you and your tulpa are watching a tv together and you leave the room. What does your tulpa see on the TV?

Anyone know?

If you've already seen the show, they'll see it as you remember it. If not, they might see what you think you would have seen, or they might lie about it, or they might admit that they can't see anything when you're not in the room.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

If you've already seen the show, they'll see it as you remember it. If not, they might see what you think you would have seen, or they might lie about it, or they might admit that they can't see anything when you're not in the room.

So if they can't see anything, are they just looking at a black screen?

Tulpas look like they have eyes, but they don't. They need your eyes to see anything. When your eyes are closed, they don't see anything. If you go blind, they don't see anything. If you leave the room, and you've given them access to your thoughts, they're seeing what you're seeing, not the room they're actually in.

They might pretend to see things you don't. They might even believe it. But as far as we know, it's impossible.

Of course there are people that claim that a tulpa can become independent from its creator, and learn to see and do things without the creator present, but that's something they only talk about on the metaphysics forum.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

If you believe they're ethereal beings they will probably make up something, but if you believe they're just hallucinations then they will obviously say nothing.

Based on the logic with the limits of perception and awareness we as host have, it's safe to presume that if we leave the room, our tulpa wouldn't be able to "see" what's on the TV whether it's a black screen, white noise, or whatever symbolism or concept it is to them. Which goes back to how they will make their own deductions or not based on what Shui stated.

They're limited by what you see and perceive. Of course, they may still be able to listen to the sounds like you can of course (and may create a mental imagery based on the sounds), but either way, still goes back to the same logic.

I'd have to agree with everything that has been said here already. However, I do have quite a few of my own experiences that seem to fly in the face of logic and common sense.

Let me share just one such story, take it as you will:

I moved to a new apartment shortly after my 'tulpa' was fully established. Let me tell you, being unaccustomed to both a new place and an unknown phenomenon can be incredibly unnerving.

Like a ghost, the 'tulpa' would flit from one room to the next as he pleased. He did this frequently while I was engaged in a back-breaking deep-clean of the entire apartment. I took note of his tendency to explore new places, often out of my sight.

One night, around 11pm, I realized I hadn't perceived him for over an hour. I had been working in my bedroom, blinds closed, ignorant of everything except my immediate labor. I finally took a break and walked into the living room, where I found the wayward phantasm sitting in a computer chair.

He didn't turn to look at me, just gazed out the window. "What're you doing?" I asked.

"Watching the lightning."

His reply shocked me. I live in an extremely arid climate, in the rain shadow of a mountain range, where precipitation is an extraordinary event. There was nothing in the forecast, and no indication a storm was approaching. I tentatively included that the 'tulpa' was observing something imaginary, or reporting a bizarre metaphor.

So, I asked him, "Where?" He pointed northeast. I approached the window to take a look. Lo and behold, I saw the pale strobing of distant heat lightning, too far to create any audible thunder, too localized to be seen from any other angle.

With no immediate or viable explanation, I fled from the room and stifled my panic. And that was just the beginning.

In conclusion, I think it depends upon how sensitive you are, how aware you can be, and how easily you can assemble subtle information. Or maybe the real trick is something that can only be discussed in parapsychological terms. Who the hell really knows?

I'm still rather confused about this.

One line of thinking holds that tulpae are more sensitive to subconscious information than we are, which is why they often notice things that escape our conscious awareness. Maybe you saw the lightning out of the corner of your eye or something, but paid it no heed because you were so absorbed in your work.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Well I have a story:

My tulpa RachLynn and I were hanging out but she normally gets up and leaves to explore the house. My mom texted me that dinner was ready so I went to go watch my hands. As I was in the bathroom, RachLynn comes to the door frame. I asked her where she was and she said "I was upstairs watching your mom cook". I asked her what my mother was cooking and she specifically said "she fixed broccoli and fish with her favorite seasoning on it". I couldn't smell anything so I thought that was pretty specific.

She walked in front of me as we went upstairs. My mom always puts the food on the table and I got over to it, low and behold it was broccoli and fish with my mom's favorite seasoning on it. I was really surprised at how accurate RachLynn was since I hadn't seen anything my mother did.

My Tulpa: RachLynn

Special: I have many tulpas that I let possess me

(Jackie, Clayton, Shaunice, Gerald, and Taylor).

Jackie's mother and her family are very important to me,

they also sometimes possess me when they come back

to my mind! (Chrissa, Steven, Erica, James, Shayna, and Deon).