A tulpa with Multiple Personalities?

Tas

Okay, I get different reactions from my Tulpa when I ask her questions sometimes. In some situations she'll be quiet and simply nod, but other times she'll get this great grin on her face and jump up an down like a typical little girl in an anime.

It's confused and I'm wondering if I'm either accidentally making two tulpa unintentionally, or if my tulpa actually has multiple personalities...

The explanation that comes to mind when I think about it is simply that her personality is developing and we honestly just need to sit down and force for a few hours to help settle things down and get a solid idea of her personality.

Thoughts?

When it comes to the word "Multiple Personalities" and "Tulpa," there will be varying degrees of responses (sometimes a bit too emotional) from other members.

Anyway, don't panic if she's expressing herself in different ways, it doesn't mean (usually) there's two tulpas you're dealing with. Personality is simply the reservoir of qualities and characteristics that aids in your tulpa's character. So her being reserved and shy and then happy and giddy are just a few of many traits of her overall character.

So don't worry too much about having to condense things down, since she's just fine the way she is. Allow her to grow more and keep communicating with her. She will be going through a lot of changes and deviations most likely, and the practical thing you can do as a host is just have the assurance she will find herself.

Just remember our tulpa are reliant on the confines of our unconscious mind, and with the creativity and resourcefulness the unconscious can exhibit, there's literally limitless potential in who she can be. It may sound overwhelming, but she will reach that level of having a good self-schema of herself.

Her character isn't something you memorize and put on your ledger, we as host and our tulpas will always go through progressively updating how we express ourselves as our conceptual schemes, belief systems, etc. change throughout our lives.

Sounds more like being manic or bipolar than multiple personalities. But I agree with you, I think her personality is just undeveloped, and it'll smooth out over time.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Uh oh sometimes I feel different in different situations depending on my mood and act accordingly, I must be having multiple personalities!

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Wait, same thing with a four-year-old I know. Sometimes he behaves one way and other times he behaves in a completely different way. So should I take him to the doctor and get him diagnosed with bipolar disorder and put him on drugs like so many others?

That aside, that's normal. You just need to spend more time with your tulpa and let them develop.

Everyone needs to calm down here. They probably didn't mean to be rude, things are just under developed here.

I have control right now, Jackie here, so I'm just going to speak from the heart. When I was little, I was very reserved and kinda shy. I still had my moments though when I was able to come outta my shell. I am still that way, it's just who I am. I'm more so able to just be open but it's hard. I don't know her name but like you said, she is new and learning herself and you. Just give her a bit of time to come into her own and settle in a bit.

I was reading over Vick's shoulder one day and it said something about reading some characteristics and traits off to your tulpa. She tried it with RachLynn but I don't think it did much because she's kinda the opposite lol. Just be patient and she will come around and things won't seem so split. Happened to me too!

My Tulpa: RachLynn

Special: I have many tulpas that I let possess me

(Jackie, Clayton, Shaunice, Gerald, and Taylor).

Jackie's mother and her family are very important to me,

they also sometimes possess me when they come back

to my mind! (Chrissa, Steven, Erica, James, Shayna, and Deon).

Why are you worried about you tulpa having two personalities? it'll be more interesting that way, right? my tulpa has two personalities, too, but she needs to change her form to achieve her darker personality. I think there are guides in this site that explain how can you change your tulpa's personality, if you want to

Name: Minitay

Species: Pegasus

Blue fur, pink mane, red eyes.

Why are you worried about you tulpa having two personalities? it'll be more interesting that way, right? my tulpa has two personalities, too, but she needs to change her form to achieve her darker personality. I think there are guides in this site that explain how can you change your tulpa's personality, if you want to

I don't see why you would want your tulpa to have multiple personalities, its kinda not a good disorder to actually have. In the OP's case he may be worried about his tulpa gaining DID, which isn't exactly pleasant. What if the alternate personality turns out to be quite unhinged and goes out if its way to harm the host and the dominant personality's body. You have to consider the risks and the fact that i have met nobody who enjoys having a mental illness. So no, it won't be more interesting that way, just more stressful.

i am forever banned from drinking orange juice because my tulpa hates it with a burning passion

I don't see why you would want your tulpa to have multiple personalities, its kinda not a good disorder to actually have. In the OP's case he may be worried about his tulpa gaining DID, which isn't exactly pleasant. What if the alternate personality turns out to be quite unhinged and goes out if its way to harm the host and the dominant personality's body. You have to consider the risks and the fact that i have met nobody who enjoys having a mental illness. So no, it won't be more interesting that way, just more stressful.

I agree completely. DID/MPD is nothing to consider interesting and it is an extremely life-changing and life-destroying condition in some cases. It's even sort of rude to imply that having "more than one" personality is interesting.

It's not fun to have a tulpa who wants to kill you one second and then loathes its existence the next. Mental illness is fun for no one.

Bear in mind that neither Tas nor Minitay used the terms "mental illness", "MPD", or "DID". "Multiple personalities" does not automatically mean a disorder any more than hearing voices does. And all of us either hear voices or are on the way there.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"