Tulpae creator age limit

Neon_Spark

Is there any age limit that can stop or hinder your progress on creating a tulpa/tulpae?

I'm 14 and I'm creating two tulpae (An anthro and a pony) that have fairly basic personality's (Basically they are like me traits-wise, but have a fair bit of difference and most likes/dislikes are there choice) and I use binaural beats to help me and mostly do passive forcing (narration) does any of this cause problems?

Also, I have aspergers (Increased intelligence, social awkwardness and/or addiction to a TV show, video game, comic book etc. etc. etc.) in case that has a impact.

Tulpae

Neon(Anthro): Working on... Something...

Honestly I think there is. No offense to younger people, but in some way, creating a tulpa is a lot like having a kid. Only this kid doesn't move out once it grows up. It's there forever. Until the moment you die. Most 13 year olds-hell, even a lot of 18 year olds simply aren't emotionally developed enough to take on the responsibility of bringing in another sentient being into their headspace, while at the same time try and learn who they are as a person in the world and how that makes them feel.

I would never directly tell anyone "do" or "don't do" this, but people need to think about the long term. If your hormones are going wild, creating mood swings that you can't actually control (even if you handle them well when it happens), how is this going to affect your tulpa? Once you are fully emotionally mature, how are you going to interact with your tulpa that was created but an emotionally immature person? Granted, tulpa seem to be an ever changing and evolving lot, deviating to their host's needs over their wants, but how can you be for sure that what you are creating, at such a young age, won't have adverse side effects when you're older?

No, unless you're like, an infant lol. You should be fine, I'm 14 and I have two and a half (long story) tulpas myself ^^

Lotta people make imaginary friends when they were kids and they turned into tulpa, so really, no real age limit, you just gotta realize YOU'RE GONNA HAVE ANOTHER FREAKING PERSON IN YOUR HEAD FOR THE REST OF YOUR FREAKING LIFE. Otherwise, you'll be fine ^^

Honestly I think there is. No offense to younger people, but in some way, creating a tulpa is a lot like having a kid. Only this kid doesn't move out once it grows up. It's there forever. Until the moment you die. Most 13 year olds-hell, even a lot of 18 year olds simply aren't emotionally developed enough to take on the responsibility of bringing in another sentient being into their headspace, while at the same time try and learn who they are as a person in the world and how that makes them feel.

I would never directly tell anyone "do" or "don't do" this, but people need to think about the long term. If your hormones are going wild, creating mood swings that you can't actually control (even if you handle them well when it happens), how is this going to affect your tulpa? Once you are fully emotionally mature, how are you going to interact with your tulpa that was created but an emotionally immature person? Granted, tulpa seem to be an ever changing and evolving lot, deviating to their host's needs over their wants, but how can you be for sure that what you are creating, at such a young age, won't have adverse side effects when you're older?

Why what I said was in caps. I was in the unfortunate boat of *find tulpa* "DIS IZ COOL" *makes tulpa without thinking it over* cuz, well, impulsive and bored. Though I finally kinda get it now and well, I think we'll be fine. They're both really helpful with things and as I grow I'm sure they will too, so hey, it's all gud =w=

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

Like most thing's in life there is a limit however it is more like pregnancy after the age of 18 it is not one that anyone around you can set.Generally it should be when you feel ready rather than something people around you set as a limit.So mate unless you feel that your too young you should be grand.I mean I am sixteen currently and made my tulpa this year and feel that I was not ready but I don't regret ever trying it.There are actually similarities between deciding if you want a tulpa and deciding if you want children which you already know from Ashmo and her comment but really you do have to know if you want to create another life.

Also don't worry about asperger's my brother has it and he is grand but also half the people on this site have bloody mental issue's from A.D.H.D to suicidal depression (my condition)

''I mold my imagination as if it were clay''.

...but really you do have to know if you want to create another life.

That's all I was trying to say. I'm not trying to imply that I think only people after "x" age should create a tulpa, I'm just saying-at least for me-it's much like being a parent. You're creating life. Not only are you creating life, you are creating life within you. One that will always be with you once it has been created.

To be honest, any person of any age (obviously not infants) has the chance of not really being aware of their emotions and learning how to control them. There's people who are 30 years of age and still go through relationship issues and have low self-esteem. People just have more authority for being more "worthy" of having a tulpa as they get older because it's obvious that some of them would have more experiential learning than a 14 year old child, but again, it's not a fixed pattern for everyone.

The question becomes a matter on what maturity is, but people will think that giving a list of do's and don'ts and applying that with tulpa is considered being mature or trying to be considerate of their tulpa's existence. I sometimes wonder why people are willing to treat these beings and sentient and sapient, and yet hold this fear that those who are emotionally "unstable" during their younger years can significantly impact that growth; of course, it may, but is it an absolute outcome for everyone? Most likely not.

The naivete that comes with not thinking things through eventually hits them in the face should the time come when a tulpa starts having existential issues. And when the host starts panicking because they don't know what to do, their perception can skew things so much that they can't think rationally. They start looking at their tulpa in weird ways, thinking it's hopeless, that it's too late, when they should've realize it's a part of them they never had to decency to acknowledge in advance.

This is why that whatever your age is (hopefully where you're competent to think subjectively and learn how to progressively improve yourself), contemplating on what you can do to help your tulpa, and how you can deal with conflicts, doing personal research, taking heed to advice from others, and learning how to be aware of relationships with humans can be applied with tulpa as well. Of course, for a younger person to have time with that when they'll be busy trying to build an identity for themselves with peers they meet in school and such, and how they would prefer engaging in things "children" or what "teenagers" would do, it seems improbable until they can settle out other challenges in life during their adolescence.

Because doing that along with personal research and personal development, it will consume a lot of your time, and younger people most likely wouldn't be enticed to do that. But it's not improbable that they'll have a tulpa that can help them cope with life and learn how to exist and be civil and sociable around others, those are the lucky ones. There's so many factors into this that it's really hard to set a restriction.

No, there's no age limit to create a tulpa, but i recommend you not to.

Why?, simple, feeling alone or bored is not an excuse to create a tulpa.

You're to young to take the decision, you should keep going with your life, and if you really want to make a tulpa, consider how it will affect your life in all the aspects.

There is no limit to age. It all completely depends on your maturity. Still there isn't an official set limit, but as the majority of the people here are saying, you are creating another life. Make sure you are mature enough to handle that. Seriously spend time to make the decision if you are ready or not. Do not make one on impulse. That will hurt both you, and the tulpa you are creating.

Hm, not sure. I don't think it should matter if the person is emotionally immature or has any personality flaws because tulpa can take on a personality of their own according to some here and be pretty different from you, so I don't see why it would necessarily be affected by your emotional immaturity, hormones, etc. Theres probably not enough correlation between people who are mature and make a tulpa - their tulpa's workings, personality, etc, and those who are not mature and make a tulpa - their's personality, when it comes to those who developed their own personality.

As for your Asperger's, it depends on if tulpas are actually feeling souls. If not, they will have the same level of skills you have and lack the ones you lack.

My lip hurts.