Get rid of pain?

Monolith

Say you're riding your bike, and you happen to crash your bike. In the crash, you end up slamming your leg on the concrete, creating a bruise, and sending a great amount of pain through your leg.

Along with you happens to be your fully imposed and complete tulpa, checking to see if you're okay, what hurts, and to look at the wound.

I want to know this; can tulpa null the pain? Can tulpae get rid of any pain from any kind of wound? I'm talking about the feeling of pain, not the wound.

Yeah, sure they can help null it. I wouldn't go so far as to say they could get rid of it if it were that intense, but who knows. It's your mind, man.

But at any rate, be sure to keep in mind that you can potentially null your own pain just as well as they can.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

What

No.

That's not how it works.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Theoretically I guess it's possible, but I don't see how you can get rid of pain without it being transferred from you to your Tulpa (despite the fact that Tulpae do not have physical bodies I'm pretty sure they can feel pain as they can hear and otherwise sense things like a human would). As far as I see it, sensory interactions between a host and their tulpa can go three ways:

1) Both Host and Tulpa feel the sensation as Host shares sensation with Tulpa

2) Host feels sensation but Tulpa doesn't as Host does not transfer or share sensation

3) Tulpa feels sensation but Host doesn't as Host fully transfers the sensation to the Tulpa

This is because I see sensory information that a Host feels as being something that can be either shared or transmitted, but not gotten rid of. Since the pain goes straight to your brain and you can't really make your brain not realize that you're in pain without being on drugs, that sensation of pain has to go somewhere. Since it really can't, it has to be given to a consciousness which is open to receiving the pain, and therefore if you're on the level that you're able to fully share and/or transmit sensations between you and your Tulpa then it's going to have to be either one of you or both of you. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but personally I'd say that it's a bit cruel to do so, so I'd personally just take the hit and endure the pain rather than force my Tulpa to do it for me.

TL;DR I think it's possible, but the Tulpa will be forced to feel the pain instead of you, so it's not a good idea.

You don't know what you're talking about, just stop.

Cordy's gotten good at dulling pain, even removing it completely in some cases, for short periods of time. He can't keep it dull forever, though, it tires him out. As for him feeling it, he only feels pain while I feel it. Once he numbs it, it goes away for all of us.

I've tried this after severe pain from a karate tournament.

Depending on intensity of the pain and the size of the area, she was unable to totally decrease it. The bruise on my tail bone she was able to decrease to nothing, but in the most pained area, the groin(always wear a cup kids), she was unable to lessen the pain.

Actually, here's a copy/paste of another thread of mine with this test after recieving a bloody paintball wound.

8/24/13

I tried having Twilight reduce the pain if a paintball wound near the elbow that has nearly healed. All that is on the wound is antibiotic ointment.

the pain was successfully reduced to a noticeable disturbance on the skin.

After Twilight refused the next test. I asked Samus to induce/return pain in the area.

Yes, you can do it. In fact, you don't need a tulpa to do it. But it helps.

I find a servitor more fitting for pain blocking. The simpler mental construct appears to be able to process things like that for me much easier than a sentient entity. It doesn't work well for pain from headaches or swelling or anything, but Genesis can apply a sufficient numbness if I needed it for an injury.

I'm in no rush to test just how much pain you can block, but I've had some nasty accidents at work before and it's always helped to make pain faint and acute.

In my experience, servitors have been a good way to do most of the cool tricks people are looking to do, like stimulus denial or pain blocking. Tulpas can do it as well, but mine have had to put a lot more effort into it, if they were able to do it at all. But they're an odd bunch who have varying abilities to screw with (what I'm guessing is) my brain chemistry, and my senses by extension.

We don't get much in life. But we do have this.

Guest ExtraExtrapie

Yes, you can do it. In fact, you don't need a tulpa to do it. But it helps.

I find a servitor more fitting for pain blocking. The simpler mental construct appears to be able to process things like that for me much easier than a sentient entity. It doesn't work well for pain from headaches or swelling or anything, but Genesis can apply a sufficient numbness if I needed it for an injury.

I'm in no rush to test just how much pain you can block, but I've had some nasty accidents at work before and it's always helped to make pain faint and acute.

In my experience, servitors have been a good way to do most of the cool tricks people are looking to do, like stimulus denial or pain blocking. Tulpas can do it as well, but mine have had to put a lot more effort into it, if they were able to do it at all. But they're an odd bunch who have varying abilities to screw with (what I'm guessing is) my brain chemistry, and my senses by extension.

What, specifically, do you tulpae do to numb the pain? We have attempted to do so, but without results.

1) Both Host and Tulpa feel the sensation as Host shares sensation with Tulpa

2) Host feels sensation but Tulpa doesn't as Host does not transfer or share sensation

3) Tulpa feels sensation but Host doesn't as Host fully transfers the sensation to the Tulpa

This is because I see sensory information that a Host feels as being something that can be either shared or transmitted, but not gotten rid of.

You seem to have painted yourself into a corner in your thinking. By saying there is only option a, b, or c you aren't open to the possibility of option d. Whether through practice or a form of self-hypnosis, there are actually a lot of people who can dull their own pain without help from a tulpa. Some people do it by being able to force the release of endorphin in the brain, while others manage it by removing themselves from the sensation mentally.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

This is a mental skill like many others, and requires practice. A tulpa can give you a greater trust in your unconscious, which should hypothetically help you or them to learn the skill faster. When Alice helps me with pain, she does it through magic. Like previous posts i don't mean literally, just in terms of visualization.

For the thread, how you do practice dulling pain without inflicting harm on yourself?

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi