Monolith

Get rid of pain?

You seem to have painted yourself into a corner in your thinking. By saying there is only option a, b, or c you aren't open to the possibility of option d. Whether through practice or a form of self-hypnosis, there are actually a lot of people who can dull their own pain without help from a tulpa. Some people do it by being able to force the release of endorphin in the brain, while others manage it by removing themselves from the sensation mentally.

Alright, thanks for specifically explaining what I said wrong. I really do appreciate it.

What, specifically, do you tulpae do to numb the pain? We have attempted to do so, but without results.

Lyra and I do something not describable, but learnable. Dull aches seem to be the easiest to practice on. I find sharp pain quite a bit harder to numb, especially if they move or change. Headache or backache are easier; scraped up leg is harder. Remember, this is just me, though it makes logical sense that a changing sensation should be harder to block than a static one. YMMV.

If either of you wish to learn it, start out doing it through visual symbolism. Find some symbol for it that resonates with you. Some I have used are: Visualize the part that hurts as small and far away. Visualize the hurty parts as a glowing hologram overlaid on your body, then imagine lifting that out and away, and throw it far away from you. Visualize a little vacuum sucker thing that you point at an area and it sucks out some representation of the pain.

Once you find a symbol that works, do it that way a while and you'll get used to doing it. After some time you'll find you can just do it rather than visualizing anything. Basically learn the feeling and then reproduce it by willing it to happen.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Lyra and I do something not describable, but learnable. Dull aches seem to be the easiest to practice on. I find sharp pain quite a bit harder to numb, especially if they move or change. Headache or backache are easier; scraped up leg is harder. Remember, this is just me, though it makes logical sense that a changing sensation should be harder to block than a static one. YMMV.

If either of you wish to learn it, start out doing it through visual symbolism. Find some symbol for it that resonates with you. Some I have used are: Visualize the part that hurts as small and far away. Visualize the hurty parts as a glowing hologram overlaid on your body, then imagine lifting that out and away, and throw it far away from you. Visualize a little vacuum sucker thing that you point at an area and it sucks out some representation of the pain.

Once you find a symbol that works, do it that way a while and you'll get used to doing it. After some time you'll find you can just do it rather than visualizing anything. Basically learn the feeling and then reproduce it by willing it to happen.

My method has a similar inclusion of visual metaphor.

1 - I instruct Genesis to attempt to dampen or stop the sensation.

2 - I basically stop and force for a few seconds to visualize something happening to the source of my pain and making that sensation disappear.

3 - Genesis does something in my head that dampens the pain. Maybe an endorphin rush. I'm not terribly sure.

We don't get much in life. But we do have this.