Narration VS. Forcing

Solenbum

Hello, I have decided to create a tulpa some time now, but I don't know where to start. I read most of the guides here, but they got more more confused than I was before. So I am thinking of starting with forcing, but what is forcing? I thought that it was just Narrating to your tulpa, but as I have read on Kiahdaj's guide, that is not the case.

So what is the difference, and what should I start with? Also, as Kiahdaj suggested, I am going to leave personality to develop on its own, so I can't start with that. I mean, I want to sit and spend time on creating a tupla, but not knowing what steps I should take makes it very irritating. Also sorry if this was asked before, but I couldn't find anything that answered my question on the forums.

Well, I'll explain it like this.

Forcing is basically paying attention to your tulpa and imagining it.

You can imagine that it is there with you or you can daydream about it and have it in the daydream (wonderland so to speak).

You can force by narrating or you can force by visualizing.

You can also try to develop it's personality or you can just (as you stated) learn it's personality as it goes.

Just imagine that the tulpa is there and that's all you have to do to force. If you really want a step one, then just picture what the tulpa looks like.

Well, I'll explain it like this.

Forcing is basically paying attention to your tulpa and imagining it.

You can imagine that it is there with you or you can daydream about it and have it in the daydream (wonderland so to speak).

You can force by narrating or you can force by visualizing.

You can also try to develop it's personality or you can just (as you stated) learn it's personality as it goes.

Just imagine that the tulpa is there and that's all you have to do to force. If you really want a step one, then just picture what the tulpa looks like.

So basically all I have to do is to believe that a sentient being is with me, and act like it, and that way I will actually create one? It seems to easy to be true. Or maybe I am not understanding this completely.

It is simple, but it takes a long time. For example, it will probably be months of spending hours every day visualizing this tulpa near you before you can see it as clearly as you see real objects.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Yeah like the others have stated, the activities that would constitute "forcing" or "tulpaforcing" is subjective. To alleviate your doubt on what it is, just practice being versatile through other methods.

So basically all I have to do is to believe that a sentient being is with me, and act like it, and that way I will actually create one? It seems to easy to be true. Or maybe I am not understanding this completely.

Of it seems too easy then do it and see how see how fast you impose one and make it self perpetuating.

It sounds easy but holding your concentration for long enough to actually have a lengthy tulpaforcing session isn't something easy to achieve at all. More often than not it takes weeks to get any response from a Tulpa unless you're forcing really really often, and most people (like myself) either can't concentrate for long or (again, like myself) just don't have that kind of time. I'm currently having a hard time finding forcing fun; I mean, I like spending time with my Tulpa, I really do a lot, but the whole process of sitting down and just working on him is strenuous on my patience and on my sense of time. When I started I could barely do 20 minute sessions, and now it's not much better at a 30 minute attention span when it comes to forcing. I'm often really tempted to just open my eyes for a second and look at my clock to see how much time passes, and although it doesn't break my concentration it still feels like it hinders progress somehow.

TL;DR There's other psychological and time-related issues that make this whole project difficult to complete. If it was really easy at all then everyone would have a Tulpa.