There's just one more thing I need to know before I get started.

In many guides, the author states that a good way to make a solid personality is to write down a list of personality traits(one said 15-30 traits) and focus on each one and how it applies to the tulpa. The catch is that you have to focus on each trait for 10 minutes minimum. Focusing isn't a problem for me. It's just that in a few minutes, I've thought of about everything that can be said about it. So what I'm asking for is some advise on what to think about(in some sort of detail if you can) when I'm using the list of traits to help me tulpa force. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Any guide anywhere that says you have to work on anything at least a specific amount of time is not right.

That said, of course the more time you spend forcing the trait, the better.

As for what to think about, what I recommend--instead of just describing the trait to them, I would daydream about how that trait manifests itself in your tulpa. If your tulpa is energetic, then visualize it doing energetic things--running around in circles, jumping up and down, etc. If you want, you can do both--describe the trait and visualize its manifestation. That is what I did.

And if you can't visualize about a trait for 10 minutes, then you definitely need to discipline yourself.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

If you have a good grasp of the piece of the personality you may not even need to worry about fitting in the amount of time that guide recommends. Everyone is different after all.

But if you want things to think about, think about motivations behind the personality--ie, he wants to help others because he is self confident and wants others to be so as well. Or you can go into how the traits 'mingle', ie. his sense of humor is more refined due to his intelligent tastes--perhaps simple jokes aren't as funny. But then perhaps his desire to be polite may cause him to laugh and be friendly even if it was a fart joke just because he wanted to be nice. Or another example could be how a good sense of perception can affect traits. A perceptive, kind person may for instance be aware of when to accept people despite their faults because they realize that the person is at a different level of maturity than them. Etcetera. This is pretty much what I did with Jaden. I used only five traits but was able to talk about them for hours.

Like Tulpacouple said, there is far more than ten minutes' worth to talk about concerning a personality trait. As has been mentioned, you can link traits together and explain their causes and consequences. Another good idea is to imagine a hypothetical situation and think about how your chosen trait would affect or direct your tulpa's behaviour in that situation.

Hey Glider, welcome aboard!

I found questions like this:

http://www.tulpa.info/archive/faq-mans-trait-template/

to be very useful.

My friend also printed out a VERY long list of questions that creative writers use to develop characters for their novels. I used to struggle like you're describing, but after reading through some questions i came to the conclusion that I took for granted what it takes to create a personality that feels organic and natural.

Anyways, hope this helps.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi

This is a link to Pleeb's personality tables. I used it to help shape the personality of Cynthia. It is extremely helpful and he also give you a list of emotions and personality traits to use for the list. Although you guys are saying 15-30 traits, I ended up using 120 traits to base her personality on and that went very smoothly. You should probably look into the big list of guides first and check those things out for helpful tricks and tips.

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-my-personality-tables

My friend also printed out a VERY long list of questions that creative writers use to develop characters for their novels. I used to struggle like you're describing, but after reading through some questions i came to the conclusion that I took for granted what it takes to create a personality that feels organic and natural.

As a writer, I usually take a few personality tests for my characters. I did this for my tulpa as well.

To copy and paste from my PR:

On the Big Five model, she scores highly on Openness, Conscientiousness, and Agreeableness, and somewhat lower on Extraversion and Neruoticism.

On the 16 Motivators model, she values Curiosity above the others.

On the MBTI, she's an INFJ, like myself.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Wow, so many responses in one day! Thank you all so much for the advise and words of wisdom. Everything posted here was very helpful and I believe I'm finally ready to start. Let me know if you think I should do a progress report.

Wish me luck guys! :D

GliderCommander