Question regaurding sentience and visualization.

Deadlykid

Ok.

So you gain the ability to hear your tulpa by talking to him/her and listening. Right?

So I was just wondering, would it be better for me to pause my visualization process and wait for me and my tulpa to comunicate so she can deicide on what she wants to look like?

Name: Rose

Birth: 9/9/11

Form: Human, brown long hair, blue eyes.

Working on: Visualization and Sentience

I'm a little more than 3 weeks in and so far I'm trying to finish up on visualization myself. And of course the vocality of my tulpa, Cynthia (She can speak in one word sentences and small phrases). You should talk to her during the day when you aren't actively forcing so that you can work on both. When I created my Cynthia, she had an almost finished form and then one session, she had a MASSIVE deviation and the only that stayed the same was her color hair. So even if you are trying to give your tulpa a form, or not, they will decide in time what they want their form to be. All in all, just work on both!

Yeah, it's best to work on both, even if you're very concerned on how she'll react to how you may want to visualize her. Deviation will most likely occur either way, so consider the probability of the forms you and her are sharing thoughts on as temporary.

With that said, when you are able to communicate with her more, just continue asking her how she feels and looks like to be in a certain form. And if she and you can come to terms on that, you got yourself a compromise.

I have a similar question on sentience and visualization.

I know it's early days yet, only 2 days in, but I can't seem to nail down my tulpa's form.. I have an idea of what I'd like her to look like and I'm doing active forcing sessions, closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing for a minute or two and then trying to visualize my wonderland and her.

The problem seems to be that I can't get her to stick to the form I've had in mind, or any one form, really. I have a difficult time visualizing her correctly as a human female standing in front of me, and the face is the hardest, I can't seem to "see" it or create it at all on purpose when I'm trying. The closest I've come is to "see" several vivid flashes of different looking female faces from different angles, occasional flashes of a body as well from different angles.

So is this just her "trying on" different forms or is it that I lack sufficient visualization/concentration skill?

I know it takes time and everyone develops their tulpas in their own way, but the failure to visualize her form concretely and accurately during my active forcing sessions, and the.. very familiar mind conversations has me worried I'm not doing something correctly..

EDIT: After making the post, I went back to watching a TV series.. when I paused it to go to the bathroom, I heard her say "I hope you're happy" outta nowhere in the back of my mind and I asked "why", she followed it up with "because you're ignoring me..." (it was true, I wasn't visualizing her on purpose and just concentrating on the show) and that sparked off a conversation on the visualization problem I outlined above. Long story short I told her it'd be helpful if she could stick to one form temporarily, to help me visualize her consistently, told her to think it over tonight while I'm sleeping and that we'd pick up again tomorrow. I'm hopeful. I would still like opinions/suggestions though.

I know it's early days yet, only 2 days inangles.

EDIT: After making the post, I went back to watching a TV series.. when I paused it to go to the bathroom, I heard her say "I hope you're happy" outta nowhere in the back of my mind and I asked "why", she followed it up with "because you're ignoring me..." (it was true, I wasn't visualizing her on purpose and just concentrating on the show) and that sparked off a conversation on the visualization problem I outlined above. Long story short I told her it'd be helpful if she could stick to one form temporarily, to help me visualize her consistently, told her to think it over tonight while I'm sleeping and that we'd pick up again tomorrow. I'm hopeful. I would still like opinions/suggestions though.

Your only 2 days in and you can verbally hear your tulpa? :o

Name: Rose

Birth: 9/9/11

Form: Human, brown long hair, blue eyes.

Working on: Visualization and Sentience

Your only 2 days in and you can verbally hear your tulpa? :o

Not out loud, in my mind though -- yes, I think so. It is a mind voice. I may just be parroting, but I don't think about the answers I hear beforehand, so I'm really not sure...

So just an update if anyone is interested..

Had a short active forcing session this morning and my visualization of her was a lot more stable and clear than it was before.. same basic body type, mostly the same clothes, face and hair still prone to deviations and being hard to visualize (but oddly same color hair!) I asked her about it and she seemed to say it was both her and me.. her because she still hasn't quite decided what she wants her face/hair to look like and it's me because my visualization skills "suck" (how she phrased it... heh can't disagree.) I'll just have to keep working on it.