Problem with perseverance....

Deadlykid

It seems that iv done something that everyone trys to avoid, making forcing a chore.

Every time I go to force and stuff I see it as a chore, I find it really hard to just DO it, even when I do it its only for like 20-40 mins, so my progress is very slow. Me and my tulpa cant communicate yet, so every time I go to force, its boring, probably the reason I see it as a chore. (specifically visualization)

I see posts about games to make it less boring, but most of the ones iv seen are for ppl with sentient tulpas.

So anyone else have/had this problem?

Any way to make forcing less boring?

Name: Rose

Birth: 9/9/11

Form: Human, brown long hair, blue eyes.

Working on: Visualization and Sentience

Before I started, I thought it was going to be slow. Granted, it kinda was. So, I know how you feel. However, my method (before sentience) was to think about cool activities we could do that most people wouldn't be able to do in real life (or very often in real life). We did things like sky-diving and go-cart racing to exploring space! I mean the possibilities are endless and the way you enjoy your time is to believe your tulpa is already sentient. These activities work for me, find activities you can do with your tulpa so that you can have fun. The real meat of my sessions were always these cool activities. Here's the best part: these activities are the fastest way to build sentience. So just have fun doing crazy things and with that sentience will build itself. two birds with one stone. Hope this helped!

If it's a problem to actually "do" activities, try reducing the time you spend doing them, and then gradually increase the more you ease yourself into them. Perseverance, in my opinion, is about acknowledging in the back of your mind of the potential of using retrospect to improve from your mistakes no matter what situation may come before you in creating a tulpa.

One thing I've found that helps is setting multiple timers for one sitting. Any time I sit down for half an hour, I get bored and start checking the clock after about twenty minutes -- those last ten minutes take forever, and they're not productive.

So what I do is I set a timer for every five minutes. The timers have different sounds so I can identify how far in I am. It makes a big difference. Instead of thinking "What's wrong with the timer? It should have gone off by now! How much longer? Has this been five minutes or twenty-five? Maybe I'd better check." I'm thinking "Ten minutes left? I'm almost done!" and I go right back to forcing rather than worrying about it.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

If you're not doing narration, try doing that. Talk to them like you would a real friend on the phone who just wanted to listen but not talk back. Tell them stories and how you feel about things, just keep them in mind. Most important part of forcing in most people's opinion. You can do it in your head or out loud. I used to would put an earpiece on and hang out at starbucks or something and talk to my tulpa for 40-90 minutes like I was on the phone.

You could also try more passive forcing. Make them a part of your everyday life. They always with you anyway, why not make them a part of what you are doing? Talk to them about things while you do them. Explain to them how and why you do these things. I know this is also a form of narration, but if you imagine that they are with you why you are doing it, you're putting that little bit of extra energy into it.

This might seem a little Soon since i just started creating my Tulpa. Barely even past the stage your at right now. But i have found that what makes the easiest and most enjoyable forcing sessions is... Well anything. I can remember things about my wonderland that i really shouldn't. Things that i create on the go and enjoy. For example, My tulpa Jessica is from what i can tell developing at a rate of a child on steroids.

Jessica in my last forcing session wanted to go out of the confines of my wonderland. Like to things i haven't even thought of. I was following her tooth and nail and she seemed to know where we were going. Anyway Somehow we found a mountain. Got on the mountain and flew off. Saw a coll jungle, a huge jungle.So we decided to explore But somewhere in the jungle there's like this huge ravine. I tried to jump over but no matter how much i tried to get over it using my own mind powers i couldn't. I'm absolutely possitive Jessica said fall so i did. I Found a cave. At this point I just put a door next to the cave leading back to the main part of my wonderland. So that I can explore later.

I wrote all that because really I never could imagine things to such detail before all this. I'm really thankful for it. I wasn't planning on writing my last forcing session but I wanted to give you an example of what my own seem to be like. Anyway I'm sure you'll be over and through the hoop like me soon.