MrFisher

Some questions.

Around 6 month ago i have found out about tulpas and i decided to create one, but i didn't have much time and i was simply tired. But it's been 1 month since i have started forcing again.

After going through some guides i have noticed that one of them (i don't remember which one) said that you won't be able to see you tulpa in real life like a real person. Is this really true?

Second question is, i have also heard that tulpas can help you to remember something. So can they erase some of your memories if you want them to? I'm hoping that you can help me out.

Sorry for my terrible english and thank you.

"He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Samuel Johnson

After going through some guides i have noticed that one of them (i don't remember which one) said that you won't be able to see you tulpa in real life like a real person. Is this really true?

That depends on how you want to define real. If you mean real as in other people being able to see your tulpa, chances are, that's improbable (or close to impossible unless somehow there's evidence to refute this).

If you mean real to you and only your perception of reality as a hallucinatory manifestation, then yes, that's visual imposition.

Second question is, i have also heard that tulpas can help you to remember something. So can they erase some of your memories if you want them to? I'm hoping that you can help me out.

Well, your mind in general can repress a lot of things for you, so you're bound to be living in a constant state of repression depending on the type of memory it's blocking (traumatic, too emotional or stressful, etc.)

Validating whether or not tulpa can "block" or "erase" your memories rather than it being your mind in general is very difficult to give a concrete answer on. Some may subscribe to it being symbolism, some may think depending on their level of sentience and independence from you that it may be probable for them to do that. It would presumably be them scavenging through pre-existent memories and such.

And as for them helping you remember things, again, that's difficult to answer because the host can go through personal development to augment their cognitive thinking to recall things better, and the same logic can be applied to tulpa. The pragmatic way is to talk to your tulpa themselves and ask.

Guest Anonymous

You won't be able to see them like a real person (or pony) if you don't put in enough work to reach that point, but otherwise that's not true.

Memory erasing, errrrm, maybe. I remember reading a bit about having temporarily hidden some small memories, but I don't think that topic is too explored.

P.S. Don't worry, your English is quite decent (the pronoun "I" and languages/nationalities like "English" are capitalized though :P).

What I would work on is the naming of the title, "Some questions" isn't very descriptive, and we get a title like that every other day.

Kevin can see me about half the time. Though, sometimes I look transparent to him (and vice-versa).

As far as helping your memory that is something any human can do without a tulpa. And since a tulpa can eventually do anything you can, then it is possible for them to learn mnemonics too.

A tulpa can erase another tulpas' memories, but I wouldn't try that on yourself. Repressing your memories can cause you emotional heartache and they will almost always resurface at an inconvenient time anyway.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

A tulpa can look just as real as anyone else -- if you put in enough work into visual imposition. It is a whole lot of work though.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

As far as helping your memory >>>>>that is something any human can do without a tulpa.<<<<< And since a tulpa can eventually do anything you can, then it is possible for them to learn mnemonics too.

THIS. SO many tulpamancing techniques can be done without your tulpa. It's extremely important to always keep in mind that imposition, (half the process of) switching and things like memory erasing/memory training/visualization training/wonderland immersion etc. etc. etc. can ALL be done without your tulpa, however they are applicable to tulpas in a very effective way, and on top of that great ways to spend time with your tulpa while being productive. However, there are quite some things that would take twice or even three times the effort to be able to achieve them properly without a tulpa than it would take with one, so that's something to keep in mind as well. My point here being that you should feel free to experiment, but never think that your tulpas can achieve inhuman things that you can't, both of you have the same brain and can achieve equally much, they may just have better access to some things you might not understand quite well.

Regarding your other question

Like the other people in here said, that depends on what you see as "real". You can learn to witness controlled hallucinations that affect all of your senses and have your tulpa control those as their own body, which is pretty much as close to real as you can get without performing some sort of holy miracle. Hope that helps.

Hey, just a question, I haven't really started the whole wonderland bit completely yet but I'm starting to visualize Alex's physical emotions and body language. Does this count as puppeting? And is it bad that I do this?

Tulpa: Alex

Sex: Female

Visual Age: 5 ½ years old

Actual Age: A month old

Form: Humanoid

No. For that sort of thing, even the early guides say you're supposed to puppet.

More recently, the perspective of a lot of this community has changed, and puppeting isn't seen as quite so bad. Fede's guide, for example, encourages puppeting.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Oh, cool thanks. I've also been imagining Alex holding my hand whilst I'm walking. If I want to look at her I just imagine her there.

Tulpa: Alex

Sex: Female

Visual Age: 5 ½ years old

Actual Age: A month old

Form: Humanoid