Forum Ranks

FAQ man

I'll assume you're referring to me saying that having a large glaring identical label in every single post that sticks out like a sore thumb. It looks weird next to the subdued greys and blues. That brings up a point, a blue-grey, like the squares that this replaced, could be a good color for it. But whatever color it will be, it needs to not be such a white white. Also the distance from the left border being couple of pixels off from the rest of the text is bleh, too.

Something without text could be used instead too, like a little symbol or something.

This makes me think. Does tulpa.info even have a graphic or a symbol to call our own?

EDIT:

Haha, you fixed it while I was typing up this post. Nice.

EDIT2:

To clarify, the changes hadn't taken affect when I saw your "how's that" post

[Note: Opinions]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll assume you're referring to me saying that having a large glaring identical label in every single post that sticks out like a sore thumb.  It looks weird next to the subdued greys and blues.  That brings up a point, a blue-grey, like the squares that this replaced, could be a good color for it.  But whatever color it will be, it needs to not be such a white white.  Also the distance from the left border being couple of pixels off from the rest of the text is bleh, too.

Something without text could be used instead too, like a little symbol or something.

This makes me think.  Does tulpa.info even have a graphic or a symbol to call our own?

EDIT:

Haha, you fixed it while I was typing up this post.  Nice.

Yeah, no worries.

We don't really have an image of our own; almost everything you see on this site was designed by myself, and as you can probably tell, I'm not the most graphic-oriented -- I'm satisfied validating code, minimal javascipt, and stuff that renders in a UNIX/console based browser (which the site itself does, the forum kinda does); however, I don't know hell about graphic design, since I can only approach it with a logical standpoint.

I do have a cool-looking "T" for the favicon: DRUJa.png

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I do have a cool-looking \"T\" for the favicon: DRUJa.png

...that doesn't show up in forum tabs.

Haha, whatever. Anyway about the whole graphic design thing, I can't art for beans, but I do have a critic's eye, and can help with situating the various visual thingies across the site, if the need ever arises (even though it probably won't).

...that doesn't show up in forum tabs.  Haha, whatever. 

And now it will :D

Anyway about the whole graphic design thing, I can't art for beans, but I do have a critic's eye, and can help with situating the various visual thingies across the site, if the need ever arises (even though it probably won't).

Yeah, that would be nice, actually.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Made of miracles up in here. Hmm. I still have one tab with the old favicon. It's like an endangered, no, extinct in the wild species.

ANYWAY

I remember now why I thought it was weird having MEMBER in the namebox. For people who haven't changed the label, it says

which looks weird.