Face keeps changing?

Solitude

Hi all,

Just a question about my tulpa's face. I've been active forcing every day now, and while I'm getting much better at clearly visualizing my tulpa's body and anatomy, her face just keeps on changing. Like.. it's really, really hard to picture her face along with the rest of her body, all at once, and even when I specifically focus on her face, it seems it just keeps changing and changing, constantly. Different every time I force, and even during the forcing sessions it will change. No constants, either.. not the same shape or anything.

To be clear, I don't mean to say that her face changes ALL the time, every second, even when I'm focusing on it. That isn't the case. It's more like... I can clearly see a particular face for her in my mind's eye when forcing, and for maybe a minute or two, it doesn't change at all. Gets a bit clearer and more vivid, if anything. I assume this is her projecting a face. Then, it abruptly changes into a new one. Stays that way for a minute or two, mostly very vividly, then promptly changes again. Etc. I also get flashes of these different faces from different angles, making different expressions, looking in different directions, etc. Just, in general, can't pin her down on the face. I HAVE tried forcing her to have a particular face, but that failed miserably. I just couldn't visualize it with any degree of lasting success, and it felt like she was fighting it, so I stopped.

Now, I tried asking her about it - I THINK she is vocal, I've treated her as sentient from day 1 and now when I ask her things, or narrate, I get these quiet thoughts that float up almost instantly in response. She says that since I insisted on a basic personality at the start (I told her I really wanted her to have 5 "core" traits, which I outlined and explained to her), she wants to choose her own body and face. And she's undecided on it, still - mostly on the face she wants (her body isn't changing much now, seems like.)

Does this sound... plausible? Thoughts? What about your tulpa's face, who decided on it and how long did it take to picture it clearly and relatively unchanged?

It sounds plausible, I mean if you believe she is sentient and vocal, then I believe she's already wanting to become independent which I find very interesting. I've had your experience with the face being very hard to keep concrete, but I found that it was simply because visualizing the face was very hard for my mind's eye at the stage.

It sounds plausible, I mean if you believe she is sentient and vocal, then I believe she's already wanting to become independent which I find very interesting. I've had your experience with the face being very hard to keep concrete, but I found that it was simply because visualizing the face was very hard for my mind's eye at the stage.

Hm, I can SEE the faces. I can visualize them, in pretty good detail, sometimes stunningly vivid and clear. But then her face changes again, into a different one. And again, and again, and again. So I don't think it's my visualizing skills? But for some reason I just can't visualize the same face twice, no matter how hard I try.

The one time I really tried forcibly visualizing the same face was from a photo I had, I liked the face in the photo, it is pretty (hey, sue me). This was early, maybe day 2. But that face wouldn't take, at all, even if I visualized, looked at the photo, visualized again. Like a mental block. And I figured that had to be her fighting the visualization. So I stopped.

Well it seems your tulpa is now taking control over its form, so I recommend that you try not to force the same appearance on your tulpa and simply go with whatever you see.

You should try drawing your tulpa or have someone else draw her/him. It really helps when you can see what you are visualizing.

Edit: if you think your tulpa may be wanting a different form, just don't fight it. If the changing of faces doesn't stop, maybe it's not your tulpa.

Edit: if you think your tulpa may be wanting a different form, just don't fight it. If the changing of faces doesn't stop, maybe it's not your tulpa.

Her body (height and shape) has settled down and is more or less the same now. It's her face that keeps changing. But it is early days yet, I just started very recently.. I guess I will just have to remain patient.

You could always ask her to decide on one face temporarily so that it makes it easier to visualize her for awhile, at least until your more use to her form and more accepting of changes.

Please assume everything I say on the subject of Tulpae as theory based off of information I have found on Tulpamany, since I do not have a Tulpa.

Yes, be patient and keep on practicing your visualization.

Using a photo of a real person or using a drawing can be really helpful for having something consistent to visualize. To avoid wolfspy's problem make sure you choose one you are both happy with and make it a point to involve your tulpa when you do.

I personally chose a face for my tulpa on Day 1. He had no objections with it and the image allowed us to focus on things more important than what he looked like.

Best of luck. Let us know what you do and how you progress.

I had this very same problem. In fact it's still hard to get her face clear. I "solved" this problem by asking her to PLEASE, PLEASE stop changing her form so much, or so greatly. I explained that although she wanted to deviate i couldn't handle that many changes without becoming frustrated or distressed. As a result she started changing only her hair style and colour on a regular basis. It took a while before i could see her face at all, it's slow progress. The good news is she has since settled into a style and colour she likes and with that stability it becomes easier to let her show you her face.

TL;DR: see if the two of you can get a compromise on her form, at least in the temporary. even if she's not vocal she should understand you. After that be patient but persistent in seeing her face. It will pay off, but you have to be open to what she shows you.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi