Excuses for tulpa-time

Enantiodromia

How do you guys go about making sure you have time for your tulpae?

Another question that goes along with this is what do you say to people as an excuse not to hang out? Sometimes just saying "I'm busy" doesn't cut it, as people then tend to press for more info. If I say "I'm cleaning" for example then the other person will say "oh, I can help!" and that doesn't really get me anywhere.

I don't know what to do, because people are always asking me to hang out and I don't know what to say to them...

Tulpas: Justine, Guess, Clarence

Personally, I narrate and passively force during the day, then actively force with meditation and hypnosis right before bed. Of course, I make sure I go to bed not so tired that I fall asleep in the middle of it, but it gives me plenty of time with Chael. ^_^

System Name: The Z Squad

Original: Zoe, The Organizer

Headmate: Zach, The Protector

Headmate: Zero, The Confidence

Tulpa: Chael

Form: Fallen angel with rabbit features and horns

Tulpa: Celeste

Form: Android

What cartowheel said.

I try to almost always be in a constant state of passive forcing or at the very least, a bit of narration. I haven't really had the problem myself, my girlfriend knows about Bud and everyone else I might spend time with knows how devoted to meditation I am. So if the problem were to arise I could always tell everyone I'm doing a different meditation thing I'm getting used to, and when i have long days at work I simply before before bed.

I don't really associate with people outside of work all that often. I guess it pays to be really introverted.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Lee is with me all day, and I usually just take fifteen minutes or so to really focus on him before bed. Which is... basically what everyone else said, so I guess that really doesn't contribute much.

But if you're asking for advice or suggestions on what to tell people when you really just want tulpa time, I could think of:

1. Homework (if you attend college or school of sorts)
  2. You aren't feeling well today. (I wouldn't use that too often, though.)
  3. You just need 'you' time. (I use this a lot and actually mean it. I don't get a lot of flack for it.)
  4. You're tired and need a nap.
  5. You want to work on [insert hobby here.]

But really, there's no need to constantly worry about making time for your tulpa. It's still important to socialize with friends and go out and stuff if that's something that you usually do. I'm not sure how much time people "traditionally" put into their tulpas every day, but I've found that just paying extra special attention in my spare time is enough. I hope this helps!

Call it scheduled regular daily meditation, and if asked more, start talking about the proven mental and physical health benefits of meditating, and point out that a schedule keeps you on task with it.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)