Zero

Tulpa.info's Guide Approval Team

Would you like for the Guide Approval Team to be implemented within tulpa.info?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like for the Guide Approval Team to be implemented within tulpa.info?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, if some improvements were made to the system

Some of you may already have heard of this before through irc, and others not. I've been working on this system for a while now, admins have given me the go ahead, and most people I've shown this to seemed to appreciate it - however I would really appreciate community input before we put this thing to work.

The GAT System

The title of this thread already has many implications, but please make sure to read through that entire pastebin before you start asking questions that are already answered in there. Any suggestions will be appreciated, and I'd love to hear about any complaints as well.

This can also be considered the start of the nominations. I won't nominate any members myself as of yet, but any nominations posted within this thread will count. Rules of nomination can be found within the pastebin.

For those that want a tl;dr - it's a system designed for quality control of our guides. It won't mean that non-approved guides will get deleted, they just won't be approved (for reasons listed in the pastebin) and could still be found on the forums just like you'd find guides now. Difference is that the front page would link to the Approved Guides subforum as opposed to the Pending (non-approved) guides subforum. Once again, if you don't like this idea, make sure to read the whole pastebin before complaining or asking questions.

The IRC channel for GATs is #tulpa.GAT

Make sure to join it if you would prefer to have a more direct discussion relating to GAT.

Other pastes: Discussion with Goopi about execution of the GAT System

I will be updating the OP with the nominees. Please keep in mind to only nominate one person who is not a forum mod. If you would like to nominate 2 people, and one of those has already been nominated, nominate the one who hasn't. If you nominate multiple people, and all of those except for one are nominated by other members, the remaining member will be nominated. I will pm all members who still have multiple nominated members open before nominations are closed regarding their decision.

Nominees:

waffles

Linkzelda

Zero

Shui

NotAnonymous

Envolucris

JD1215

Kiahdaj

Sands

Norkkom

ThunderClap

schlondark

CyberD

SkyeWint

Ashmo

Dr. Faust

Dialogues

Semi-Nomadic

Averian

CreativeMind

Phi

Mayormorgan

GGMethos

I've been in the IRC twice -- only ever talking to people the second time. Zero brought this up with me then. I think this is a great idea. It won't fix everything wrong with the forums, but it's a big step in the right direction.

Provided there's no limit on how many we can nominate, I would like to nominate Zero (of course), Linkzelda, CyberD, Ashmo, JD1215, Silrain the Everlurking, and Dr. Faust.

There are several others I'd like to nominate, but at the moment, everyone I can think of seems to fall short on one requirement or another. Actually, a few of the ones I nominated above might be a little iffy on the basis of their not being too well known by people who don't read PRs. But then the requirements don't specifically say anything about that, and they're great in all other respects.

I might think of more people later.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Oh, I forgot to add this to the OP, but as of now, each member can only nominate one member other than themselves. As for tulpas, they are not allowed to nominate their own host, and neither is a host allowed to nominate their tulpa. Unfortunately, due to practical issues, I can't let tulpas cast separate nominations from their host (i.e. I nominate Shui and Flandre nominates Linkzelda), so before nominating somebody you may want to discuss this with your tulpa(s) and come to an agreement with them as to who would be a proper candidate for nomination.

tl;dr One nomination per body, and it has to be an individual living outside said body.

I'd nominate waffles if this actually happens. Not only does he have the patience to read through a lot of bullshit, he also has the patience and skill to pick it apart and show what exactly is wrong so it can be fixed. He's also very good at avoiding tl;drs and has tons of tips on how to make your shit shorter when it goes on for too long and starts missing the point. I know that he's the guy I give my stuff to if I want good tips on my writing. And a lot of other stuff, too. Waffles knows his writing and tulpas, that's the kind of a person you need in your team for approving guides.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I give my nomination to Zero, considering he came up with the idea himself, I'm sure he's up to the task.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” - Albus Dumbledore

Tulpas: Sarah, and Monty

Guys, I appreciate the nominations, but each member can only nominate one other member. I updated the OP so this will be clear to everyone.

Deleted the previous post I made for some odd reason, and thanks for the PM Zero, and I apologize for not catching on with the updated post you made in relation to the OP.

I would like to nominate Envolucris because she definitely can bring out topics, suggestions, and such that provides a broader perspective that can challenge other people's views on the tulpa phenomenon.

Many users seem to hold back on what they really want to say in this forum because of the insults they may receive from others, and she can definitely provide a more mature and informative insight for the GAT.