Blindfold Trick

ThunderClap

Question

So I ordered one of these recently, and I've found it helps greatly with visualization. Basically it produces the same Ganzfeld Effect that putting ping-pong balls over your eyes does.

$(KGrHqVHJE!FGvgI)BC7BRyrsqGRWg~~60_35.JPG

Heres what you need to do once you have acquired one of these masks or something of the sort:

1. First, make sure the eye cover allows no external stimuli into your eyes. That means you should be able to look around and see no light. Preferable conditions would be inside of an already dark room (I.e: Your bedroom at night time.)

2. Earplugs or earbuds are recommended as it will eliminate any distractions from noise.

3. Try to visualize your tulpa, or your wonderland. You will notice this gets easier gradually.

4. If you start seeing little "colors" or floaty things, try and morph those into an image of your tulpa or make out your tulpa's form inside of these things.

Red-blue-noise.gif

(You also may get the illusion that there is light coming through the mask. I have found this to be very common.)

5. After maybe about 20 minutes or so, hallucination will be much easier, and the images you see will be more detailed.

A good time for this exercise is any where from 20 minutes to 3 hours. Make sure you have patience though, because vivid visuals will not come until you are some time into the session.

Possible side effects I have noticed:

• Headaches (More so after 15 minutes)
  • Nausea after Extended Periods
  • Head pressure (to be expected)

The usual orange juice/cold showers remedy should clear these up. The headache after 20 minutes of the exercise lasted for 5-10 minutes, so longer headaches can be expected from longer sessions.

-------

EDIT: Please read this article if you would like to learn more about closed-eye hallucination itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Approved for tips and tricks as there isn't enough material for me to consider this a guide. I like it though.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard

Your own breathing should be fine, just think of it as you breathing in your wonderland body

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

I tried that and Joanna, my pillow tulpa, still hasn't appeared as how I truly picture her, as a beautiful young woman. What am I doing wrong? Does it take time and practice?

Can you use something like a folded towel or something to cover your eyes instead? or does it HAVE to be the mask? .3.

I have a whole bunch of bandanas and stuff laying around and I was wondering if I could tie em round my eyes and do this.