How long does it usually take to impose?

I've been working on imposing Callista whenever I can for about three weeks now and I don't seem to be getting any results.

I've read all of the guides on imposition and try to have some focus on constantly having her in the corner of my eye, but I still don't seem to be seeing or hearing her in the slightest.

This feels odd to me, as it seems that initially making her, while it had its challenges and took time, was not terribly difficult. Possession, especially, seemed to come very easily for us. In just an hour or two she was already writing, albeit sloppily.

So, I'm just wondering how long it usually takes on average for imposition to happen. Have I simply not spent enough time yet, or is there something I should be doing differently?

Guest Anonymous

Have you been doing only passive imposition or have you tried actually taking your time and concentrate only on that for a while, like active forcing?

Also imposition can be a very lengthy process, I wouldn't say that three weeks is too long for something to have happened.

I figured imposition would take a while, but thanks; it's good to know that it'll take a lot longer, seeing as I only had to force for about three weeks before she gained sentience and wondered if imposition would be in about that same time frame or not.

I haven't done a lot of active imposition. Right now my focus is half on seeing her and half on typing this. I oftentimes stop and focus a lot more on visualizing her, but never for long periods of time. Would that be what I'm missing, then?

Try to visualize her as much as possible. FAQman's guide suggests spending up to fifteen hours just on visualization. He doesn't give an hour count for imposition, but he does say that the entire process took him 130 hours, over the course of 2.5 months, 2-3 hours a day 5 days a week.

Now don't take the hour count to heart -- you could be much faster. But do expect this to take many hours over the course of months. Imposition is the hardest part.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

I don't think enough people have finished imposition so we could give an estimate. In my experience it took a pretty long time. For several months I had no progress at all. After a certain time I started to see progress, and when that happened the rest started to happen with relative speed.. I have been forcing for over a year now and I would say maybe 7 or 8 months or more have been dedicated to imposition. I haven't worked as hard as I could and I could still use some work on imposing them, but we are pretty close to being done at this point. It does take some time though--and for me half of that time was just understanding HOW to do it.

Yeah TulpaCouple is right, most people spend a hefty portion of their time understanding the technicalities, and when they gain as much perspective into it as possible (e.g. anecdotes from others), that's when they just have to practice and go through the motions.

It's the stage where people are busy gaining perspective and comprehending the how-to's is what may bother those who already have imposition down.

Like Shui and others have stated, imposition can be the hardest part, since you have to practice being proficient in sensory skills in imposing the thought-form you want to visualize and interact with.

Some people may have congenital factors (genetic, biological) that may speed up the development process because the mind can make more connections faster to make the experience real to them.

But what's always true is that the more you commit into this, the more probable it is for one to gain faster progress into this, but do know that the mind will need some time before that happens.

Especially when it's always regulating processes (e.g. pattern recognition, breathing, predicting and coordinating) to keep you functioning. Having it to regulate and connect for imposition practice means training your mental capacity.

Guest EnnervateIndustries

Imposition is easily the longest part of tulpaforcing. I've had Maia for about a year now, and the most I've seen (visually) of her is a couple of flashes of navy blue in my peripherals. I have a method I've collected from experience and others' ideas, but don't have much time to work with.