Zero

Guide Approval Team Voting

How many members should there be in the Guide Approval Team?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many members should there be in the Guide Approval Team?

• Keep all the nominees in
    • Less than 20 (please state how many in your post)

Nominations are closed, and we can now move on to voting. There will be 2 things you can vote for, first of all, which members you would NOT like to be in the GAT, and second of all, whether you would like all members to be in, keep the GAT count at 20 as I originally intended it to be, or would like to have less than 20 GAT. For those who haven't heard of it before, here is a link to a detailed description of how the GAT will work: http://pastebin.com/naCmxxEZ

HOW TO VOTE

Vote in the top of the page for the amount of GATs you'd like to be in the team, and state which members you DO and which members you do NOT want to in the team, with a reason as to why not. (No reason needed to upvote, but all downvotes need a reason. Upvoting yourself is allowed, if you want to.)

Color code: Green members have confirmed that they want to be in the GAT. Red haven't. Members who refuse are taken off the list.

NOTE: If you've posted in this thread without declining, I will count that as "confirmed" for now. This may change if you don't reply to the pm asking whether you'd like to be a part of the team.

Nominees:

waffles + 22

Linkzelda + 12

Zero + 12

Shui + 4

NotAnonymous + 13

Envolucris

JD1215 + 17

Kiahdaj + 15

Sands + 13

Norkkom

ThunderClap + 9

schlondark + 10

CyberD + 8

SkyeWint + 4

Ashmo + 3

Dr. Faust + 1

Dialogues + 4

Averian + 6

CreativeMind + 4

Phi + 22

Mayormorgan + 5

GGMethos + 7

Also, so far there have been 2 posts stating they want 15 members only. Unless anyone has any objections (and would notify me of them in a post) I will count all "Less than 20" votes as a vote for a 15-member team. If you would like the team to comprise of 15 members only, please vote for "less than 20" at the top of the page, stating how many you want in is not necessary anymore. Any less than 15 members would be too small a group to have enough diversity to be able to be productive as a team.

TO THE MODS

Please don't move this thread elsewhere. It is directly related to guides and the Guides subforum. Once this goes into effect, the Guides subforum will have it's own subforums, as has been discussed with the admins.

I will be updating the tread with the amount of votes each member has received. Please try to be reasonable in your downvoting. Downvotes with no reason/a reason such as "lel cuz he sux" will be ignored.

If you make an edit, please notify me of it so I can edit it in the OP

Semi-Nomadic removed from the list by request.

To start this off, I don't want nobody out even though I originally intended for there to only be 20 members, but my own upvotes go to:

waffles

Linkzelda

Shui

NotAnonymous

JD1215

Kiahdaj

Sands

Norkkom

ThunderClap

schlondark

SkyeWint

Semi-Nomadic

CreativeMind

GGMethos

Voted to keep everyone in, but since I don't know everyone who was nominated or their positions sufficiently well, my upvotes only go to the following:

waffles

Linkzelda

Zero

JD1215

Kiahdaj

Sands

ThunderClap

schlondark

SkyeWint

Dialogues

Semi-Nomadic

Averian

CreativeMind

Phi

Mayormorgan

GGMethos

EDIT:

Downvotes:

Dr. Faust - He recommended (in a "tips and tricks" thread) using 2 guides which have incompatible mindsets together. I don't have any issues with the guides themselves, merely I don't consider the mindsets presented in them compatible.

I say 15 is a decent number. You know, so there's still a good bit of them, but not like everyone who was nominated/too many.

Nominees who I downvote:

Linkzelda: No offense intended, but it seems he is incapable of summarizing his points, causing all of his posts to be over-inflated, and lacking definitive points. Why does this matter when it comes to being a GAT? Because he would surely have difficulty recommending how people who submit guides can avoid this.

That, and from my experience, he misses the point of almost all discussions he is a part of. So he may not even realize what the guide is trying to say.

Maybe it's just me, but hey.

Ashmo: Nothing in particular against this person, but he/she (fuck if I know) is a bit too new to this, if you ask me. Having only been here for about a month shows that they probably have a good bit to learn not only of tulpas, but this community.

Shui: Hard to put this reason into words, as it's more based off of how I feel of my observations, but basically I often (very often) find myself disagreeing with this person's points. Now I'm not trying to say I'm right, and they're wrong, but I'm pretty sure I know my way around this stuff. I've never heard anyone question that, either.

Basically, I think Shui subscribes to a lot of beliefs that don't exactly coincide with the perspective you're supposed to have around here.

Like I said, this is hard to word.

Envolucris: Okay I didn't even know this person existed until like last week. I never really see them around, which kinda goes for the whole "doesn't know enough to be judging people who allegedly do" thing, and it seems this person is a little too meta/parapsychological for my tastes. I most certainly don't want to see that leaking into their judgement, which I'm sure it will.

And now my upvotes:

waffles

Zero

Notanonymous

JD1215

Sands

ThunderClap

Phi

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

For the amount, I can't really say.

Downvotes:

Shui - Seems to think critique isn't needed. Guess what this guide approval is all about? Yeah, not a good pick. Also seems to be pretty meta.

Envolucris - A person I don't really know but reading their posts, I'm not entirely sure if their viewpoint is what the guide approval team is looking for. Seems to be very oddly meta oriented and we are after all, a scientific tupper forum. At least trying to be. Also seems to think they know things for a fact when at best they are theories.

SkyeWint - Bad mod on IRC, not sure if he'll become a better person here or if it will only lead to trouble. Seeing how great #.info mods have been in the past, though...

The I have no idea who these people are but I think that's the reason why they probably should be downvoted seeing that they don't post enough on the forums category:

Norkkom - Who is this, again?

People I definitely want in:

waffles - I did nominate him after all, I think I posted enough reasons there. Without him on the team, I don't see this working. At all.

Phi - If he's still around, he's a great guy with excellent ideas and thoughts. I have a feeling he might not come back, though.

The rest, you're alright, I guess. Though NotAnonymous, I don't want to see any redefinitions from you okay.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I voted to keep everyone in, but here are some upvotes for people who I would put above the others:

NotAnonymous

JD1215

Sands

CyberD

Phi

Linkzelda

Shui

JD1215

Kiahdaj

Norkkom

ThunderClap

CyberD

SkyeWint

Dr. Faust

Dialogues

Semi-Nomadic

CreativeMind

Phi

GGMethos

I'd be more happy for only those who get a certain number of votes (fixed number, average or above, something like that) to become GATs. I don't think it's a good idea to let all the nominees become GATs without taking voting into consideration, because we could easily end up with a nominee who a lot of people wouldn't vote for.

I also think that the vote should remain open for at least longer than a week (I would prefer at least two weeks to be honest) to ensure that it more accurately represents the community's opinions.

I will extend voting by another 3 days if people are still voting on the last day, and by another 4 days if people are still voting at the end of the extended period.

Upvotes:

Linkzelda - Knowledgeable, helpful, and good attitude.

Zero - Again, I like his attitude, he's making the community better, and he's presented me with several interesting ideas.

Kiahdaj - He seems to know what he's talking about about forcing. Although I don't agree with his "the community is going to crap" attitude.

Sands - I thought for a very long time about nominating Sands myself. I don't like his attitude toward the community, and we often disagree on the way the community is going, but he does know tulpa.

CyberD - Very helpful and informative.

Ashmo - New to the community, but she has experience with some techniques from before coming here. She's helpful, intelligent, she writes very well, and I value her insight.

Dr. Faust - I don't always agree with Dr. Faust either, but he's intelligent and informative, and he has a good attitude.

CreativeMind - I'm not sure she's still active here. She deleted her PR and I haven't seen her around much since then. She is intelligent, I like her attitude, and she's shared some interesting ideas with me.

I'm not going to downvote anyone. I know very little about those who I haven't voted up, so I don't think it's fair to downvote them.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"