Zero

Guide Approval Team Voting

How many members should there be in the Guide Approval Team?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many members should there be in the Guide Approval Team?

• Keep all the nominees in
    • Less than 20 (please state how many in your post)

Well, since this is apparently going to be a thing

+1 to

NotAnonymous

JD1215

schlondark

SkyeWint

Averian

Phi (if he's even around)

-1 to

Sands - seems to care more about going against the community than trying to help it. Having him on the team could prove counter-productive.

Waffles

Kiahdaj

^ not usually bad, but have a habit of going along with Sands' shenanigans.

Astral project on my face, brother!

As Zero said, this isn't set in stone. But that doesn't mean we're just going to act as we please without taking any part of the community into account - after all, the idea is heavily oriented around the community. It's true that we'll take our own judgements into account - part of the role of being an admin is to make decisions like this - but it'd be a bit silly to ignore the community's opinion.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Zero is the only person I see actually doing something. He's the only one I see making progress. Instead of just complaining about how the mods don't listen.

It's not just Zero who has trying to make a difference. A lot of threads have been made in the past, which bring up various issues - sometimes multiple threads for one issue - and since the introduction of the Talk To Staff forum, we've had a number of concerns also brought up in there. Maybe a lot of what happens doesn't produce immediately results, but overall it does contribute to our understanding of community opinions and such.

An example is the effort we've been making to try and improve moderation over the last month or so. Moderation and moderation practices have been brought into question many times, before and after I became an admin. Ever since I became an admin, I've worked hard to try and improve the parts which need improving. I'd like to say I think it's been working, but again, that's up to the community to bring up issues with it so we can continue to try and improve it.

Oh wait, they don't get paid though.

So it's ridiculous for us to expect anything from them. My bad.

If we don't listen to the community and make an effort to improve anything which needs to be improved, then ultimately the site will fail. It might take a while, but it will fail. So in that regard, it's in our best interests to listen to everyone. Aside from that, we're part of this community too, and we want it to be as good as it can be.

[[ I agree with Pronas. Where is the option to downvote the whole idea?]]

Well, it's not set in stone (read the top of this post), so it's still subject to change or cancellation. The poll here is what we're using as an indication of whether or not people agree with the idea.

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpa-info-s-guide-approval-team

Well, it's not set in stone (read the top of this post), so it's still subject to change or cancellation. The poll here is what we're using as an indication of whether or not people agree with the idea.

If 4 out of 37 people in 1-2 weeks say they don't want it, i'm pretty sure the majority of the community will appreciate this. We can't please everyone, no one can and no one should try to. I'm considering opening up a final poll for finalization, and leaving it up for 2 weeks while I wait until all nominees have replied and confirmed that they want to be one. I'll also add colours to indicate which nominees have already agreed on being a GAT, and which ones I've heard nothing from yet.

Well, in swallowing my pride and admitting that I probably have very little to offer the community in comparison to those I'd like to offer my votes to, here are my votes

JD1215

Waffles

CyberD

Kiahdj

Sands

Phi

Linkzelda

Shui

Honestly, I think those who have written a guide before are the best place to start. I'm not sure who the others are on the list (I'm only vaguely familiar or haven't read their guide), but I don't see anybody on there I absolutely can't take seriously.

My upvotes go to waffles and mayormorgan. Comma. And one for Colonel Sands.

And a downvote for JD candybar. I have my reasons. He's too biased.