The DJ's Mind: A Journey Through Tulpa

NK5

Hey, uh, damn. I don't really know what to put here.

I'll start with this:

I'm a high school senior who is REALLY busy. Like, I have almost no free time. I get on this site a lot in the hopes that someone will post something that will help me get a sense for how to passively force more efficiently. I tend to make music in my free time, (If you actually saw my Tumblr, ignore the one song that's on there.) and my usual forcing consists of narration during band and in/in between classes.

TL;DR- Can someone give me some advice on how to passively force better/easier/more effectively?

Thanks

-Keep Warm

TOUGH MUDDER 2014

I'm in high school as well and I have the exact same problems. I suggest that you wear something that reminds you of your tulpa. I use a watch turned upside down with the Tibetan tulpa symbol drawn on it and it works wonders. Just do whatever you think would work best to condition you to feel your tupper's presence as constantly as possible.

Concerning passive forcing directly, I guess you should just talk about stimulating subjects, and not just "Hey, how are you wow that happened kthnxbye" which I used to do quite often, and it impeded the development of my tulpae. Remember to be patient and just keep at it, and you'll be fine.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Hi, I think I might have some help. In all honesty, having a tulpa is a way of life once you make one. It's a literal lifestyle. To help make it more of that for you I suggest trying to passive force all hours of the day. It's really a lot easier than you might think. Passive forcing is simply giving attention to your tulpa.

Narrate everything. And I do mean everything. "I'm walking to school, I'm walking at the normal pace I always do, I'm seeing the same blue car that I normally see at this time. I'm passing a tree I really like. I've always liked this tree because (insert reason here)" ... "I'm in chem class now, I'm bored because we already learned this but we are reviewing for a test".

Explain why you do the things you do to your tulpa while you narrate. "I'm doing the dishes now, I'm them because they are a chore of mine but also because it helps the whole house. I'm pulling my own weight when I do things like this and I can be a contributing person to the house hold" ... "I'm practicing me music right now. I do this in order to get better and because I love music. I'd eventually like to do more with it one day"

Talk to your tulpa as much as possible. Even if it doesn't answer. Hell, especially if it doesn't answer. "I was thinking about you so I thought I'd check in. I hope your day is going well/as good/better than mine. I don't have a lot of time to talk because I'm in class but I thought I'd let you know you were on my mind"

Invite your tulpa to join you in everyday activities to make them a part of your life. "Hey, I'm reading this book for English and I just wanted to invite you to read along with me" ... "Hey, I'm practicing my music and I'd like you to hear this song I'm working on" ... "I'm not doing anything right now, would you like to spend some time with me?"

Let them know they matter to you. I won't go into a sappy example of how to show you care. You need to do that in your own way.

It's hard in the beginning to remember to always try to do these things and what ever else you can think of, but it gets easier with time. You'll catch yourself going "Aw damn, I forgot again," but don't let that discourage you. You remembered you forgot, didn't you? That's part of the conditioning process. Simply pick up where you left off when you remember to do so and it will become easier and easier each time.

Sorry there isn't a TL;DR but if you incorporate your tulpa into every aspect of your daily life, you will see results.

Thanks, I'll start trying this. I have tried narrating everything before but I get really easily distracted

>inb4 ADHD

And it's hard to remember where I was and what I was doing or saying. Especially when I start to do homework, I try to consult Dillon on things (Usually to no response) but I talk through all of my work.

But thank you for everything, Both of you. It's great advice and I'll start using it.

-Keep Warm

Sooooooo....

How y'all doin'?

Good, good...

Ha! I hate when that happens. So what's new?

Oh really! I had the same thing happen a few days ago.

Yeah, she can be a bit of a bitch.

Oh come on! She's not that bad!

Ugh, fine! She's that bad. Doesn't mean we have to-

hate... Ok, you have a point.

Yeah, you're right. Ok. I'll talk to her.

You're welcome.

*BEEEEEEEEEP*

Doh hell! Oh, class ended.

Yeah, talk to you later.

[This concludes my conversation with myself]

TOUGH MUDDER 2014

I'm ADD too, and it also happens to me, best thing to do is just continue even if you don't remember where you left off. Continue with your distraction if you want. "Blah, blah blah--Oh look! A kitten!" and continue to narrate about the kitten ^_^

It gets easier, I promise. Just persevere

Okay, so I spent about three hours narrating while throwing a football around. Don't think I'll be able to do this every day but I can do it more often that just sitting and forcing.

Now the problem I'm having is that every now and then, my mind just stops. Like, I stop thinking. Either that or I start hyperfocusing on something.

Whatever.

TOUGH MUDDER 2014

That's normal too. It's your mind's way of getting used to all the new action going on in it. Like it needs a time out from time to time. Just like if you were working out a lot, you get out of breath or your muscles get sore and you need a breather. Same concept. You're doing good.

PROGRESS! I think.

I was sitting in the band room getting a french horn lesson and, as the lesson was wrapping up and my instructor was talking, I started to narrate a bit (mentally of course). And after a minute of him talking I got this weird feeling in my head and a random thought:

"Wow, this guy really likes the sound of his own voice."

I nearly flipped.

And though I'm not 100% certain it wasn't parroting, I believe it wasn't.

And that's the biggest part right? Belief.

TOUGH MUDDER 2014

• 2 weeks later...

So, I can't exactly tell how I do this Tulpa thing through a few posts and a thought in a weird format... So Imma just write a story with a question at the end of each "Chapter."

TOUGH MUDDER 2014