Why is your Wonderland the way it is?

Undefined

Our Wonderlands

What I'm interesting in hearing is why you and your tulpa decided on certain or complete aspects of your wonderland? For many I've noticed the wonderland is roughly designed before the tulpa becomes sentient, but that isn't always the case. I'm really interesting in hearing about why you picked things, or why you waited for your tulpa. How has your wonderland changed since it's first creation? Are there things you dislike about your wonderland? Changes that neither (or more) of you remember making? Etc.

Added:: Also, what kind of methods do you use to sort various aspects of your mind? I use books as a sort of metaphor, each one is different parts of who I am, memories, things I've seen, learned etc.

My wonderland (Which I prefer to call my mindspace) is nothing but a one roomed library with a patio in the middle of an endless expanse of grass. I felt I needed a place for my tulpa, but not something so overly designed that it would make me sad or be hard to change when the time comes.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have so far is a wonderland. Figure it's the best practice before I start the process of Tulpa creation.

My wonderland is basically built off the forests around where I live, that I've always loved and enjoyed exploring. I started creating it in those woods, in fact. The center of my wonderland is an actual place that I first filed in my mind and began to visualize while actually being there. I'm really glad no one walked by and saw me sitting cross legged on that really random rock in the middle of a forest. >_>

Since then I've explored the world, and it's been really interesting seeing what I either find or construct. I can even see where the different elements of my life have influenced what I find.

I think the main thing I built myself in wonderland was a nice, large chalet on a plateau in between three mountains. I decided that we'd need a place to live some day. Basically built it to have all we'd need to live and entertain whoever, as well as my "control center" of the wonderland.

What I dislike about my wonderland is the mountains beside the initial forests tendency to, for some reason, expand vertically, turning the paths into a rock climb. I feel guilty admitting it, but I've had to manipulate my wonderland some to stop it since I really don't want it to be that way. I have similar problems with buildings for some reason, they seem to like to rise up on ledges and I need to pull them down.

Also I have no idea if I'm doing any of this right but oh well, I have fun.

Edit for Edit: I use meditation in wonderland to change/build/control wonderland, and I use a few computers set up through the land that is wonderland to sort through my mind and also exert some control over what's going on.

I've had my wonderland for a very long time. It was my happy meditation place before I every found out about the tulpa phenomenon. It was always a surreal kind of field and forest. A lot like the song Imaginary.

*bit of back story*

I grew up in Michigan but moved last year to Tennessee for personal reasons. Just a couple months ago I moved to Arizona to be with my girlfriend and we are now living together. As nice as it is here, Michigan will always be my home (aside from anywhere that's with Breanna).

Bud changed the wonderland on me one day. I had been having a bout of homesickness even though I really like where I am now and hadn't really active forced all day. I'm almost always passively forcing but I noticed that Bud had seemed...distant that day. I decided to actively force later that night and found that everything was strangely vivid and familiar. Soon I realized he had turned the entire wonderland into the forests of Northern Michigan. My home I'd been missing and longing for.

We added some other things together. There is a tunnel system that goes to different wonderlands that we like to go for adventures that stray from our everyday activities. Needless to say though, since he did that for me, I don't get home sick any more.

{Kevin says: I made a Memory House a long time ago. It's useful for storing things I want to remember permanently (like books for example). Books aren't an analogy in the Memory House - if Nobillis opens up a book she can read it (the same as you would a .pdf on a computer) as the books are virtual copies of what I've previously read. (You can blame kerin for that little addition.)

One aspect of it I hadn't realized is it is very helpful for tulpa creation. My tulpa kerin wanted to create a new tulpa assistant (Nobillis), and used the Memory House as the place where Nobillis was narrated into existence (by kerin). Turns out the house preserves tulpas too, and not just memories. Also, since there were image copies of books Nobillis was able to teach herself a lot by reading when young. Once she found the [virtual] library of music I'd stored there was no holding her back. And she watches far too much anime, like me. (If you can think of an obscure old anime, then she's probably watched.)}

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Our wonderland was created early on, before Quilten started taking on his main form. It's a large island with a lot of different area, including winter forests with vibrantly red trees and white foliage, to a salt-flat-esque desert area bordered by mesas. Most of it created itself around us as we explored it, and eventually I drew up a map, and ll the geographical details became a little more stationary, solid, and unchanging.

We have a few buildings, one being the library (a large wooden building with very Arts and Crafts movement style architecture) which we keep all my memories in, and my tuppers can visit there whenever it suits their fancy. We also have a large observatory that spirals downward to a control room that controls all the aspects of the wonderland, and a tunnel leads off of that into a large, spherical room covered in large cables, with a platform leading to a large swirling mass of what resembles regeneration energy from Doctor Who.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

I actually started working on it before I found this community. I didn't know this was something people actually did to make tulpa, but it seemed like it would help. So I started on it maybe a month before I actually decided on a tulpa.

Frankly, I hardly use it, and I've been thinking about just starting over with a new wonderland.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

My wonderland was also created before I began with my tulpa.

Summed up briefly, my wonderland is an old pyramid in the middle of a forest. The inside is where I spend most of my time and work narrating and actively forcing. I find it not only to easy visualize but also as a comfortable and relaxing environment for us.

I did give my tulpa to change anything she wanted to feel comfortable. It is probably important to add that my tulpa is still very very young and I don't think is quite ready to change things around yet. However, I have changed some things around, well more like added things. I mainly added some practical things in there for my tulpa to use and enjoy. I am planning to do a similar thing with books soon, with each book being a memory or thought of mine in the future

My wonderland is sort of a strange place, even by wonderland standards. This is mostly due to the fact that I let my wonderland create itself rather than actively creating it. I'm just able to add stuff onto it when I please, but sometimes my wonderland won't stay that way.

The wonderland itself is rather large, about five square kilometers, and I've used every part of it to just force at some point. The "main" part (where I keep Chuul on a pedestal as his current form is just that of a red sphere) is really just a raised platform in the middle of a large field, where several greek-style columns rise around the corners. I remember trying to dig a trench around that but every time I come back to it it's gone, so I decided to just leave the place as it is. Just east from that is a huge ocean that I haven't been to the other edge of. Directly north is a sort of rectangular hill that holds a forest on top of it. About halfway through there are two stones facing each other, one which has a small groove to place Chuul into and another that has a simple symbol I drew into it. Past that at the end of the forest is a very small sandy area that sort of resembles a beach since it's connected to the ocean directly. It's located at the bottom of a relatively steep slope coming down from the forest hill, and I've forced there about three times so far. The first time I went there I saw a bunch of canine-looking creatures made out of sand that formed at the west end of the beach (I don't know what's past that) and would throw themselves into the water before dissolving.

South of the platform is another forested hill, except this one is more rounded out despite being one continuous mound of dirt. On the other side is a field that has a sort of small plateau at the west end upon which a lighthouse stands. That's located right in front of a small mountain (which for some reason can't be seen from the main platform). East of that field is a marsh that I generated over what used to be part of the ocean, but I removed that for a few reasons which aren't that important. I haven't explored the marsh itself yet, but I think I'll do that at some point.

West of the platform is a very long and winding path between two hill ranges that eventually reaches a castle. I've ended up there several times. The previous time I went there I ended up fighting a bunch of goblins (I really really like fantasy creatures), a scenario which I voluntarily placed in front of myself. The time before that, the castle itself happened to get half of its structure obliterated by a large crashing ship (the part that got destroyed promptly grew back and I haven't gone looking for the ship), and every time before that was a peaceful visit.

The last part is just north of this castle, past a very thick forest that lies on top of steep slopes and mounds that are almost the size of mountains (I only ever remember staying in there once, at the end of a forcing session where I simply ended up on top of a very elevated point and stood there for a while). This last point is a ravine that almost seems to be made out of candy. The river that runs through it looks like it's made out of strawberry milk and the ground itself looks like chocolate while the vegetation seems to be made out of cotton candy. (I've never tried eating any of it but I doubt I'd actually taste anything)

My wonderland is only this way because sometimes I trail off in thought and I suddenly realize what I'm doing again, discovering that I'm is some unfamiliar spot. Like I said, I never really consciously made my wonderland, most of it made itself, which is what I personally prefer since I have no idea what kind of wonderland I would consciously want to create.

Guest EnnervateIndustries

I did a bit of a unique method for my wonderland. The main segment of it is a hundred square kilometers or so of mountainous coastline something like a cross between Scotland and the Pacific Northwest, with cliffs, beaches, caves, an enormous river, high mountain prairies, deciduous/coniferous forests, and one physically impossible waterfall. Anything outside of it, i.e. the entire universe, is procedurally generated as I see it, the farthest I've gone is out near the rings of Saturn to recreate the "Pale Blue Dot" for Maia, or possibly outside the galaxy. The exception to the procedural generation is where my wonderland is, which appears to be somewhere in northwestern Oregon for some reason, and an area just south of my wonderland that is a complete reconstruction of the desert from Journey, also for some reason. Inside of one of the caves is a barely-lit black stone room that I can use for concentration, since I just un-render everything else when I go there.

In addition, Maia has a personal wonderland that is an infinite flat sea of shifting crystal overhung by a perpetual misty gray sky, above which is a completely black empty space. She designed it all by herself, and only she can modify it. I can only go there via a portal in my wonderland.