So it goes

Teddy

Humble greetings.

I am Teddy, a girl in the teenage years. I found out about tulpa through a creepypasta and later on heard the word again and got intrigued. I understood soon the creepypasta was exaggerating the evil and creepy part but of course that made me even more intrested in the subject. Does age matter? To some of you, yes, and for totally understandable reasons too. However this is not going to stop me and if you wish not to read because of that very reason/those reasons then you are more than welcome not to do so.

With that introduction done I am going to explain another thing.

I have been going on and off with creating a tulpa for about a year now if not a little more, not feeling ready or not knowing enough but now I have waited long enough, and since I changed school, the bustrip is as long as 3 hours. This will give me more than enough time per day to force.

I am still trying to figure out how I want my tulpa, what to name, what gender and etc.

And as for wonderland its the same thing, figuring out a theme.. I definently want some kind of.. mansion in space or something. I'll explain better later once I am completely sure.

I am really hoping I can take it far this time.

I have many times stumbled upon people who have problems with their vizualisation in both imposing and inner eye. I actually do not have this problem. I get very vivid pictures of imaginary creatures imposed aswell as in my head and I can feel their every move, the weight of their steps and the sounds and feel to their bodies. Same with inanimate objects. THis could also be because I am an visual artist and draw a lot and have a somewhat good grasp on colors and forms.

I am glad not having to do much training on that part.

I have also noted that people prefer to create a tulpa of the opposite sex. Which I also feel like doing. This trend, could it be the attraction to the gender?

Welcome to tulpa.info! You should hop on the IRC channel sometime :)

I'm kind of in the same boat; I never knew what a tulpa was, but I seem to have created one on accident a few years ago. Not sure what happened to her, though. :/

And I would recommend creating a tulpa of the opposite gender; they can always change it later, and I feel like it creates a stronger bond.

Does age matter? To some of you, yes, and for totally understandable reasons too. However this is not going to stop me and if you wish not to read because of that very reason/those reasons then you are more than welcome not to do so.

In general, younger people do seem to have more trouble with tulpa. Many of them give up pretty early on, and those that do stick around often treat it like a frivolous game. But that's not to say that teenagers can't or shouldn't create tulpa. Personally, from what I've seen of you so far, I think you'll do well.

since I changed school, the bustrip is as long as 3 hours. This will give me more than enough time per day to force.

Wow, that sounds really bad. I thought I was unfortunate having to spend an hour on the bus to get to or from school. But it should be a good opportunity for forcing.

I have many times stumbled upon people who have problems with their vizualisation in both imposing and inner eye. I actually do not have this problem. I get very vivid pictures of imaginary creatures imposed aswell as in my head and I can feel their every move, the weight of their steps and the sounds and feel to their bodies. Same with inanimate objects. THis could also be because I am an visual artist and draw a lot and have a somewhat good grasp on colors and forms.

It sounds like you've got quite a gift there. I'm jealous.

I have also noted that people prefer to create a tulpa of the opposite sex. Which I also feel like doing. This trend, could it be the attraction to the gender?

It's been suggested that it's connected to the concept of the anima and animus, but I think in most cases it's attraction. It's easier to visualize someone you're attracted to. Though there are exceptions. CyberD is a straight guy with a male tulpa. He suggests that people have tulpa of the gender they're not attracted to, so it doesn't degenerate into something sexual.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a tulpa of the gender you're attracted to. I have a female tulpa, and we treat each other roughly like coworkers.

Anyway, good luck, and I look forward to hearing more!

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Hey there Teddy, welcome!

You could always allow your tulpa to choose it's form, gender, name and age on it's own. That's what I did with Bud, and I don't think it could have worked out better. I mostly narrated to him and did a little vague personality work before he chose to be who and what it he is.

As for the gender question, I'm not too sure if it's really to do with attraction. I'm a lesbian and my tulpa is male while my girlfriend, though we are together and we work wonderfully as a couple, is mostly attracted to men and her tulpa is female. It could have a lot to do with attraction when you choose your tulpa's form and what not. For those who allow their tulpa to become who and what they want on their own though, I don't think gender really has any correlation with attraction to one gender over the other.

Looking forward to reading more of your progress reports and if you ever need anything, my inbox is always open! ^_^

As for the gender question, I'm not too sure if it's really to do with attraction. I'm a lesbian and my tulpa is male while my girlfriend, though we are together and we work wonderfully as a couple, is mostly attracted to men and her tulpa is female.

Well, I'm going by this. At least 32 out of 43 people polled had a tulpa of the gender they were attracted to. Only three people who were attracted to traditional genders had a tulpa who was not of the gender they were attracted to.

Of course 43 people is not a large enough sample, so this could be completely off.

And I thought about mentioning you as an exception, but, well, I wouldn't expect you to be physically attracted to Bud. He's different from many tulpa in that regard.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Thank you very much for the warm welcomes and for your different points on the subject! Letting my tulpa decide on its own actually sounds very interesting and I am glad Bud came to decide on his own! I will have to read your pr later sometime (if you got one that I am not sure of gotta check that). I have thought over the gender subject and I think I am going to create a form, but of no gender so it could be either if it wanted to. Because I would like to have them imposed as much around me as possible once I get a design down. I am more interested in what you guys have: a friend and coworker.

The bustrip is rather horrible, yes but I manage. Its a wonderful school and I have made many many friends there

Well, I'm going by this. At least 32 out of 43 people polled had a tulpa of the gender they were attracted to. Only three people who were attracted to traditional genders had a tulpa who was not of the gender they were attracted to.

Of course 43 people is not a large enough sample, so this could be completely off.

And I thought about mentioning you as an exception, but, well, I wouldn't expect you to be physically attracted to Bud. He's different from many tulpa in that regard.

I'm not trying to shoot you down, and thank you for posting the link. I was simply stating my own, humble opinion, though it does seem to be quite common for people here to end up being attracted to the tulpas. I'm still not sure if it's a tulpa thing or a community thing though...

And you're right about me not being attracted to Bud, he's like my kid, lol. Though I will admit he's quite the handsome looking monster XD.

I really hope our banter can help you in the long run ,Teddy.

Ah, my tulpa is of the same gender as me as well. I decided on more of a best friend first rather than a crush, although I have nothing against romantic relations with tulpa.

And, this discrimination against teens is so mean >:O . That's the expectation, so when they are even a bit frivolous it is blown up, and it's noticed when they stop a tulpa, while adults aren't noted and quantified - each is seen as an individual instance of inconsistency or failure. (Also, if there's less teens on in the first place, its not a big enough population to make ajudgment.)

My lip hurts.

What a warming welcome! I did not expect I'd get these many responses though... But I am glad to recieve answers with different perspectives. Like raising a Tulpa like a child hatched from an egg. Or just have one created on the spot. Also do feel free to correct my mispellings. English is not my first language but I believe you do understand me.

Im still trying to answer the question to myself wether to have my tulpa create a form on its own or give it my design.

You could always allow your tulpa to choose it's form, gender, name and age on it's own. That's what I did with Bud, and I don't think it could have worked out better. I mostly narrated to him and did a little vague personality work before he chose to be who and what it he is.

I glanced over your PR, which I will read through better later on, and you had very good reasons to do so, having the tulpa decide on its own rather than have someone deciding for them because they, too, are independant people. That is really cute and thoughtful of you! I will think about it.

In general, younger people do seem to have more trouble with tulpa. Many of them give up pretty early on, and those that do stick around often treat it like a frivolous game. But that's not to say that teenagers can't or shouldn't create tulpa. Personally, from what I've seen of you so far, I think you'll do well.

Wow, that sounds really bad. I thought I was unfortunate having to spend an hour on the bus to get to or from school. But it should be a good opportunity for forcing.

It sounds like you've got quite a gift there. I'm jealous.

It's been suggested that it's connected to the concept of the anima and animus, but I think in most cases it's attraction. It's easier to visualize someone you're attracted to. Though there are exceptions. CyberD is a straight guy with a male tulpa. He suggests that people have tulpa of the gender they're not attracted to, so it doesn't degenerate into something sexual.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a tulpa of the gender you're attracted to. I have a female tulpa, and we treat each other roughly like coworkers.

Anyway, good luck, and I look forward to hearing more!

Thanks for the good luck wish! I can see how a teenager will lose the motivation more quickly than an adult in many cases, but now I will try to think of this as something way more important than math! Also the ride itself is okay, I manage it with sleeping. But it is getting rather tidious right now and I remembered about Tulpa and how I could use this time to finally create what I have researched upon for a year now.

I think I saw somewhere you referencing to a guide that shock did, he is quite good with that, atleast when he had live lessons in the IRC over at dreamviews when dv first found out about tulpa, strangely about a week after I discovered it, however quite fitting. I should look into it. As for my own skills I thinks its because I have constantly throughout my life had creatures imagined around me because of a boring class, a long car ride.. and imaginary friends that I kept to the age or 12 that were imposed. Its all about waking up and keeping the imagination awake I guess.

I am more intrested in having a close friend and coworker like you, someone to keep me company and to inspire me and motivate me further, and someone that I can look after myself!

Looking forward to see how I progress!

Ah, my tulpa is of the same gender as me as well. I decided on more of a best friend first rather than a crush, although I have nothing against romantic relations with tulpa.

And, this discrimination against teens is so mean >:O . That's the expectation, so when they are even a bit frivolous it is blown up, and it's noticed when they stop a tulpa, while adults aren't noted and quantified - each is seen as an individual instance of inconsistency or failure. (Also, if there's less teens on in the first place, its not a big enough population to make ajudgment.)

Well they do have a good point, but they seem to put it out in quite a rude manner.

Also I am buying headphones by the end of the week, any recommendations for something with good bass quality that does not die so quickly? It would be useful when forcing on the bus to keep the noises out and nature sounds/white noise/anything to have in my forcing process to feel a bit more real.

I will not be active this weekend however I habe decided to start narrate to my tulpas black void ball form, continue building my wonderland and then report back once I've returned! Oh and I saw once in a rp that Shui commented in about some kind of ring to wear on your pinky on your dominant finger as a reminder of your tulpa. I will definently try, I got a small ring made out of stone that I can use, lets see if this helps me as its hard for me to impose the tulpa in this state of form. The tulpa only have this form for the moment until I can get back to brainstorming.