So it goes

Teddy

*whispers* nice title

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

Oh yeah. I think that was Enny's PR. The idea was based off the Engineer's Ring, and the idea is that it will remind you of what it represents every time you write or draw, as well as when you see it.

I don't do much writing -- I type absolutely everything -- so it's only a visual reminder for me. But I imagine it should work better for other people. Let me know how it works out for you.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Pleased to meet you, my name is Phaneron. It's nice to see another openly younger tulpamancer here who has a respectable intelligence level. Welcome, I hope you enjoy the ride. It seems like you have chosen a very educated approach to this whole idea, and I appreciate that immensely, as I am sure most others do as well.

I'll start with the question about opposite gender tulpae. Even though my first tupper, Quilten, is male, I am but a small percentage of the demographic, and I have, as well, noticed the trend. I would be inclined to tell you that yes, it is the attraction to the other gender and nothing but that, however there are a few other contributing factors including, but not limited to: wanting the opposite gender's companionship for not having any friends of the other sex, or just preferring the opposite sex to one's own (I know I do).

Concerning sexual attraction, I have absolutely no problem with others having sexual relationships with their tulpae as long as it's not the sole purpose of their creation. I, myself, am a bisexual male, so of course the thought had occurred, but neither me nor either of my tulpae had any active desire to do anything of the sort. I would, though, suggest like others have to create their tulpae in the gender they are not sexually attracted to, as stated, so not to create unnecessary complications. Remember: tulpae are not a replacement for real people and social interaction. It'd be nice if they were, but it's just unhealthy for them to become that.

I think that it's great that you can visualize so clearly. It seems that you have automatically achieved a level that it has taken me many, many a month to master. I can definitely suggest using visual art as a way to help better visualize and impose tulpae, as it has worked well for me in the past (not counting the mspaint challenge that recently was posted in the tulpa art section, heh).

I don't want to waste anybody else's time by persistently droning on and on as I often find myself doing, so I'll keep at at that. You seem like someone I would definitely like to talk to, so please feel free to PM or e-mail me anytime you like, it would be a pleasure.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

• 2 weeks later...

So many days gone by, sorry for the inactivity. Thanks for the replies though! Much appriciated! Anywho, I have not made much progression with my tulpa... But if its gonna be done right I am not expecting this to be quick. I have, however, given him both a form gender and a name, he may change however, if he wants to. I named him Khalek and he have a form of a.. Well I am not a good describer, but he is human, with a bird mask made out of bone. He wears a hood with some sort of scarf. He is dessed in an armor made out of the same as the mask and ragged, dirty and red fabrics. His gloves are clawed with, again, the same bone. Funny enough he made his feet the same with clawed toes visable despite it being shoes.. I have yet to know if he really is human under his mask or if he just is.. But he does seem to enjoy the attire i have given him!

I have been imposing him as much as i can everywhere I go and whenever I have been listening to someone, like the teacher, or reading. Have not narrated that much to him though. But now that I have a week off I certainly will have more time for that!

And ah yes I am well aware this is no replacement. I have a very social life as it is anyway, but I dont trust anyone to be as close to me as a tulpa. I need my room and space for thoughts. But it gets lonely from time to time despite it being a relief. I just dont want to need to be the host of the fun. I wanna be the host of my brain which contain my fantasy and my own calm world.

Having a resident in such a place that I can share my knowledge with makes me feel even safer. It is quite hard to explain such a thing but I dont doubt there might be somebody that thinks in a similar way.

Also got a new pair of headphones so I finally can force in peace during my busrides.

Oh and my wonderland base structure is done and I am going to start "building" up the details! Right now I am too tired to describe this so I will take care of that in another post tomorrow. Also thanks to those sending their regards and goos lucks to me through both this thread and pm's. Have a good night!

well I am a bad updater I'll admit as much. Im no good at keeping a progress report. I have not abondoned this project however, far from it. Khalek is in good hands.. But I have come to the conclusion to discontinue this pr as I am really bad at keeping one and I feel constant angst not doing it. ANd then theres the problem of words, I cannot check what I have written myself and look for mispellings or strangely written sentences. I do not know why but it completely surpasses me no matter how hard I look.

I am doing this so I no longer have to feel stressed about it and to keep myself from feeling too bad for you and for Khalek, however I will still be in the forums reading.

Bye for now.. and have a good night/day.