Tulpas in New York Times

Guest Anonymous

nlJ1gf1.jpg

Every fear I have ever had is coming true, slowly.

I seriously seriously hope this shit doesn't go mainstream. Imagine what would happen just for a few seconds. The world isn't ready for this. Not now, not yet.

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least the journalist caught a realistic glimpse of the phenomenon. A fox that he fell in love with. Probably took a lot of editing to make Jack's experience acceptable for the article.

Also "Tulpas" with an S.

I don't get why people trying it and then giving up is such a bad thing. Doesn't matter if it is, it's going to happen a lot, even without the article. (I, may, have, used, commas, slightly, incorrectly,, i don,t care,)

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Interesting. Not sure how I feel about the article in general, but still interesting to see a reference in a big newspaper.

I wonder if any of my Times reading friends or family will see that.

I seriously seriously hope this shit doesn't go mainstream. Imagine what would happen just for a few seconds. The world isn't ready for this. Not now, not yet.

My sentiments exactly.

I don't get why people trying it and then giving up is such a bad thing.

Yeah, it's not. I can't think of a single truly destructive element to bailing in the middle of trying to create a thoughtform. The only power that situation has is provided by the individual's beliefs.

*laughs because out of all the possible people to be interviewed it was a (most likely) furry*

Never gets old

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, it's not. I can't think of a single truly destructive element to bailing in the middle of trying to create a thoughtform. The only power that situation has is provided by the individual's beliefs.

Where is gets a bit sticky is when the tulpa is already sentient but the host hasn't realized this yet. Then they either survive and develop alone until they somehow manage to grab their host's attention out of nowhere, or silently meet a fate something like described here.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

What's with all the furry stuff guys? I thought they were into anthro things, not just straight up animal. I was more going for a fox at the time because I've wanted one for a pet for some time, and where I live they are considered a pest. Also, about that love part in there.

'For a while he was intensely involved with her, and said it felt more wonderful than falling in love with a girl.'

Yes, I was intensely involved with my tulpa, not sexually or any other kind of other romance I can think of. I was intensely involved because I was getting results from what I was doing, to the point of hearing her clearly after that exam. So of course I was intensely involved, that's exciting stuff for someone studying psychology at the time, and so saying that it felt more wonderful than falling in love with a girl at some points was how I would describe it. The whole experience has opened my eyes to what things are possible, and helped myself understand my own spirituality.

I hope that makes sense. I honestly thought the tulpa community would understand what I was talking about, and not just start yelling furry. I guess it still really shows that we still have that 4chan community spirit still here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoughtform#Modern_perspective

'I say 'soul making' Soul as distinguished from an Intelligence- There may be intelligences or sparks of divinity in millions- but they are not souls until they acquire identities, till each one is personality itself'

-John Keats, 1819