Why did this happen... AND HOW?!

Ok, so just about 15-20 minutes ago, I heard a random voice that was over-riding Cynthia and Ira. He spoke very soothingly, but had a very devious and evil tone (much like a someone you can't see speaking to you in an abandoned building type of deal). He called himself by the name of Daedalus, the speaker of truth. I heard from a sort of sub-voice, "and evil." I heard Ira yelling at me not to listen to it. Then he started going on about how they, Cynthia and Ira, are a waste of space and that I could be spending my time creating a future for myself. "...become famous together and live a fulfilled life." I obviously refused him and told him that they were more important to me than anything and that they are more then worth the time and space. He then said, "Good luck. You will need it." And poof he was gone. Ira eventually came back to her normal voice and things went about normally. I'm wondering that this might be actually something happening or Cynthia was playing a trick on us. -If it is, then it was really well done- She wasn't talking or around that entire time. Please share your thoughts because I am thoroughly confused. Thanks

It could be merely a personification of doubts and worries that could have been festering in your subconscious. Nate had a 'shadow' character that showed up for a while and tried to remove Luke's existence from Nate but in the end he was merely all the bad thoughts given power to the point of being seen and understood as a being.

We all have negative thoughts now and then--Even thoughts we would never think we could ever have, terrible ones. It's just part of having an active mind, it doesn't mean we do everything that comes to mind and all that. If you ever look at some of the self help books out there they even have you speak directly to the subconscious or your own worries or fear, taking those thoughts and 'giving them voice' and listening to their direct responses.

That's what I would assume anyway, and through that I would talk with my tulpas about what had occured and figure out why those worries might have been happening subconsciously so we could work through them together. If it happened that it was all really just a random moment with no significance to my subc I would just move on and ignore the little mental blip.

It could have been a very powerful intrusive thought, especially if you were frightened by it.

But definitely talk to your tulpas and ask them. If one of them did have involvement in the occurrence ask them why and figure out what's up. I'd be asking if perhaps it was a worry one of them had about me--maybe they think I would be better off focusing on other things or maybe they have worried I might feel that way? Just little thoughts I would jump to before thinking spirit really.

Nate at this point is very good at speaking to these sorts of 'beings' that aren't quite tulpas and are more representations of his thoughts and mind as a whole when he is at a loss and needs advice his tulpas are unable to give.

Really I wouldn't be scared for you or your tulpas at this point, I'd just shrug it off and move on--if there's something that needs to be talked about than do so, but don't give this any more power than it needs.

Thanks a lot for the quick responses, I really appreciate it. I wasnt really scared, just more surprised then anything. I would never let my tulpas go for some stupid doubts or what some spirit (if it its) has to say. I never actually thought these things before, so maybe you guys are right about the subconscious fears. I'll move on and try to forget about this. Once again, thanks for the quick feedback!

Firstly, from personal experience, if you start thinking your tulpas are pranksters and keep attaching yourself to that thought and behave in the manner to be consistent with that belief, it ends up being a negative self-fulfilling prophecy.

The reason being is that behaving a certain way to be consistent with the expectation of them being pranksters creates a disposition on your end, but it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re actually pranksters.

That’s the fallacy for a self-fulfilling prophecy, the believer can end up having an error in perception of their target (e.g. Cynthia and Ira) behaving a certain way.

Logic follows that you shouldn’t attach yourself to that thought, and be consistent with the disposition of them not being pranksters instead.

As for the voice that was “evil,” I can’t really make an inductive reasoning on that other than:

• Probably just some random voice that just happened to give an important lesson on your limerence for your tulpas that you should take into consideration

• Same as point one, except he’s probably another tulpa or has the potential to be a tulpa if you apply the same concentration as you did for Cynthia and Ira

• Intrusive thought

• You should probably get that checked

Let’s focus on what this voice presumably stated after you went Romeo on your explanation for your love of your tulpas. Refusing him, and then telling him that they are more important and worth the time and space, it’s most likely a part of yourself that you’re too afraid to acknowledge.

If you were to communicate with him, it doesn’t necessarily mean that he’ll automatically become a tulpa, since with the stage you’re in now, if you don’t pay attention to him, he won’t be part of your perception of reality any more.

We’re bound to apply favoritism to certain thought-forms we interact with, but if you do it in a manner that's negatively biased to another thought-form (or potential one), that may end up biting you in the long run.

If anything, communicate with your tulpa and just take the potentially intrusive thought as a lesson to hold dearly:

• Sometimes when you think you can accomplish anything with your tulpa...if you focus more on them without balancing things out and focusing on your own potential, it can become parasitic. Probably just a way for you to realize that you shouldn't underestimate your own competence and end up overestimating your tulpas.

And good luck, you will need it.

I've had my negative thoughts semi-personify themselves in my world in the past, and I think it is possible to inadvertently give them shape in your mind if you approach them the wrong way. I've had some arguments with my girlfriend lately (I'll spare you the details) and the first time we had one after starting work on my tulpa I developed... not so much a voice, but dark thoughts that grew in my mind due to my anger, feelings that I was just holding on to the relationship because it gives me a place to live etc (again, I won't go any further with specifics)

At the time these were just my own thoughts, not a separate entity, but they still frightened me. I told Thunderfall that the two of us should do our best to fight these thoughts together when they next appeared. The next time my girlfriend had a stern word with me, naturally, the bad thoughts popped up again, but this time I felt them as what I thought was an external force, some kind of large, shadowy form that was lurking outside. We did our best to ignore them and went to bed, but later I thought I could feel it's presence and hear muffled voices from Thunderfall's room. When I went to check I found it there and chased it out. Thunder seemed to have some cuts and scrapes; the shadow had tussled with him when he tried to force it out of the house. I've just asked Thunder what he remembers of that encounter, but he doesn't remember what the shadow said, just that it was frightening.

When I realized that my thoughts potentially had a form that could do harm to my tulpa if I wasn't careful, I decided that treating them as an external force that I had to fight off was not the right way to deal with them. Lately I have come to see that these thoughts, like them or not, are just that: thoughts, doubts and concerns of my own and I have to accept them if I want to be able to put them to the side, or better, give them serious consideration because they wouldn't be so strong and scary if there wasn't some truth in them.

tl;dr If it isn't just Cynthia playing a prank, accept and work through your bad thoughts rather than trying to fight them, or your mind can give them form and strength.

(Incidentally, I'd welcome any thoughts or opinions on my own story if anyone bothered to read it all)

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

May be a bunch of things.

Keep this attitude of rejecting any weird stuff. For now, just be glad you're not being bothered by it anymore.