Tulpae and Servitors

glitchthe3rd

I've been working with servitors for about the past decade, but found out about tulpae only recently. Probably the biggest insight I've gained about tulpae (at least from my perspective) is that they are basically just servitors that become self-aware.

Feel free to ask me anything on the subject of servitors and how they figure into the tulpaforcing process.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been intending on making a sort of all-purpose servitor when Brook is complete. I can't yet know how far one can possibly go with a servitor, but I am planning on trying to make it able to play music I've heard before, show me movies/books I've watched/read before, etc. Possibly even tell the time, since I know we must have some sort of internal clock to be able to wake up a few minutes before an alarm clock every day.

Do you have any experience with anything like this? What sort of servitors have you created?

Tulpa: Brook

Stage: We're back at the beginning

People create servitors on accident when making tulpae sometimes. But there is no formulaic method to do so. Can you share some sort of method?

What was the range of ability of the servitors?

I have been intending on making a sort of all-purpose servitor when Brook is complete. I can't yet know how far one can possibly go with a servitor, but I am planning on trying to make it able to play music I've heard before, show me movies/books I've watched/read before, etc. Possibly even tell the time, since I know we must have some sort of internal clock to be able to wake up a few minutes before an alarm clock every day.

Do you have any experience with anything like this? What sort of servitors have you created?

Just from what I've seen, a servitor is capable of doing everything a tulpa can, barring the whole self-awareness thing.

My progress report

I've been thinking that the form of the tulpa is like the sentience's servitor.

How is a servitor useful, though? What does it do when you're not feeding it information? Do you give a servitor a form at all? Why did you create these servitors?

People create servitors on accident when making tulpae sometimes. But there is no formulaic method to do so. Can you share some sort of method?

What was the range of ability of the servitors?

Servitors are functionally identical to tulpas, but they aren't self-aware. You can give them a form, a voice, whatever, and they'll do whatever you tell them to. When you're not feeding them information, I guess they just do their own thing, or else sit around in your wonderland. I started making servitors one day out of boredom/loneliness, at first they were just imaginary friends but they eventually started to gain many of the abilities found in tulpas.

As for a method, it's the same basic deal as making a tulpa, but instead of just narrating to them, you have to parrot their responses almost all the time, and it'll eventually become second nature to you.

It's also worth noting that you can reverse this process later on and have them become a tulpa, if you so choose. Beware that if you do this there's no turning back, and there's also a good chance that one or more of their personality traits will deviate.

My progress report

It's also worth noting that you can reverse this process later on and have them become a tulpa' date=' if you so choose. Beware that if you do this there's no turning back, and there's also a good chance that one or more of their personality traits will deviate.[/quote']

I'm glad to know this.

It interests me. Perhaps this means people could create a servitor as sort of a "test drive", and if they like it, turn it into a tulpa? Perhaps for people who are unsure if they really want a tulpa or not?

Tulpa: Brook

Stage: We're back at the beginning

I'm glad to know this.

It interests me. Perhaps this means people could create a servitor as sort of a \"test drive\", and if they like it, turn it into a tulpa? Perhaps for people who are unsure if they really want a tulpa or not?

Sure, let's go with that.

My progress report

glitchthe3rd, does your servitor-turned-tulpa still sap your attention like it used to?

Does it still take your active attention to sustain it, or is it now parallel/independent from you?

glitchthe3rd, does your servitor-turned-tulpa still sap your attention like it used to?

Does it still take your active attention to sustain it, or is it now parallel/independent from you?

I feel like I've gotten her to a point where she's capable of really thinking for herself and forming her own opinions. I never actually had to pay attention to her (in fact I forgot about her for a year or two), whenever that happened she'd just go do her own thing in my unconscious until I remembered her.

My progress report