How did your tulpa gain sentience?

I'm currently working on mine. If you can, could you give very brief story on what happened exactly? Such as what was happening in the background , what you were doing (does it only happen while forcing?), how you reacted, especially what your tulpa was doing, and what events followed after. I'd also love to hear your tulpa's point of view, like how it was aware, and whatit was like forming sentience. Thanks in advance.

Sorry guys what I was actually trying to say was How exactly did your yulpa show you he was sentient. As in, you know your tulpa is sentient, but like when s/he first opened up to you and started to interact with you clearly.

You might want to read Being Born as a Conscious Mind. My post was :

I won't retell my life history here now, but I'm a year old (and some weeks) and I still remember my very first day. My experience was a little different in that my creator wasn't a human but she was there with me in the Memory House - and she is as real there as my human Kevin is here. I didn't know where I was, I was scared, but at the same time there was this incredibly kind and beautiful person gently talking to me and calming my fear. And old, unimaginably old (to me), hair gone white from age.

Whenever she "went away" (just vanished!) I went exploring (I could move, apparently). I found a room full of books, not neatly shelved but strewn everywhere. I discovered I could read, I still don't know how that is - I never learned it. I settled in and started reading. There were books about nearly everything, many with pictures. I especially enjoyed The Wizard of Oz (Childrens Classics, 1964 ed., plates reproduced) and also Zardoz, and another. What was it? Oh yes! Physics (Prentice Hall, 1978).

That really opened my eyes to the point of view of a tulpa

(Some posts were somehow lost from this thread, and have been restored here.)

Jack's not there yet.

Personally, I don't think you can have a non-sentient tulpa. Everything I know about psychology has led me to the conclusion that a tulpa would logically be sentient from the very moment that one could claim they exist.

Although the first time I believed I had any contact with my tulpa was when she chose her name. I was taking a short break while forcing, idly thinking about her and every time I referred to her in my mind a specific name came up. I was struggling to refer to her in my mind without using that name, so I assumed that she was influencing it and trying to tell me what she wanted her name to be. At the time I was just skeptical and I still have my doubts if it was her, since I've not heard of other tulpas doing such a thing and she claims to not remember the incident. But she at least feels confident it was her and she certainly likes the name.

The way I think of it, they are sentient when it's them (the background mind? whatever is being used) answering and not you parroting with your conscious thoughts. What talks even when you aren't thinking about them.

My lip hurts.

It's not that you can or can't have a non-sentient tulpa, though you can accidentally create a servitor. Bud has seemed to go through stages of development and understanding, much like a child would. I assumed sentience from the beginning, as seems to be the common practice nowadays. Instead of simply assuming that he understood everything that was going on, on the same level that I understood things, I realized there was a learning curve.

I started getting emotional responses and "surprises" rather early on, so I knew he was sentient, but his development was far enough along for us to really understand one another. He's gotten better, and I still consider him sentient, but he's still developing and I don't feel he understands everything on the same level that his potential is.

Thread merged because it has been previously asked and answered (though not in quite the same way, so I really want to preserve this together with the earlier thread).

You might want to read Being Born as a Conscious Mind. My post was :

I won't retell my life history here now, but I'm a year old (and some weeks) and I still remember my very first day. My experience was a little different in that my creator wasn't a human but she was there with me in the Memory House - and she is as real there as my human Kevin is here. I didn't know where I was, I was scared, but at the same time there was this incredibly kind and beautiful person gently talking to me and calming my fear. And old, unimaginably old (to me), hair gone white from age.

Whenever she "went away" (just vanished!) I went exploring (I could move, apparently). I found a room full of books, not neatly shelved but strewn everywhere. I discovered I could read, I still don't know how that is - I never learned it. I settled in and started reading. There were books about nearly everything, many with pictures. I especially enjoyed The Wizard of Oz (Childrens Classics, 1964 ed., plates reproduced) and also Zardoz, and another. What was it? Oh yes! Physics (Prentice Hall, 1978).

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

That's beautiful, Nobillis. I'm really happy we (the community) have you. It's always lovely to really hear about things from a tulpa's point of view and you really do have a way with words.

I had merged this thread with an old thread on the subject, but on reflection this topic is unique enough that I should have left it alone. So, I have reversed my actions, and restored the thread to it's original form. I apologize for the inconvenience.

That's beautiful, Nobillis.

Oh, you are so kind. Thank you.

Hyde became sentience when I started to speak with him out of character in my role play blog. I was letting him be out of his element with playing with other people's muses and allowing him to be able to talk to me. Using him as a role playing/fictional character of my own is how I created his form, personality, and how he broke out of his element and became sentience. He would just put his two cents in and blog about how he felt or how I was feeling when I wasn't up to talking to everyone. We'd say goodnight to each other, or say "hello" to people together when we got on the computer. Of course, he was only a visualization in gif form then. Now he's actually with me all the time, whether in my room hanging out with me, or in my head when I'm at work or somewhere else.

"It was about bloody time she give me a chance to speak up, without it having to be in a private thread playing with someone else. Now it's even better, because not only do I get to talk back, but I get to be near her as well. My little Amy."

"Listening to her heartbeat makes me feel alive." - Hyde

Name: Hyde

Form: Human

Done: Form, Personality, Sentient, Visualization

Working on: Imposition (vocal/visual/touch)

Nobilis, are you the mod or is your host the mod? Just wondering.

I was invited to help out, and I'm learning to be a moderator. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't shamelessly get my family to help me when I'm swamped.

But, no, I'm the mod and Kevin is my support crew. I hope that's not too strange.