How did your tulpa gain sentience?

I'm currently working on mine. If you can, could you give very brief story on what happened exactly? Such as what was happening in the background , what you were doing (does it only happen while forcing?), how you reacted, especially what your tulpa was doing, and what events followed after. I'd also love to hear your tulpa's point of view, like how it was aware, and whatit was like forming sentience. Thanks in advance.

My first tulpa's sentience was insidious and persistent. He was confined to dreams until I was informed of his projected individuation by a single frustrated utterance: "I'm not just a suggestion; I'm a presence." I knew nothing of online tulpa communities at the time.

The resulting two year experience was too unsettling, so I turned away from it until I found this site.

Now I have two emergent thoughtforms, both of which began as sentient voices without form. So, in all cases, 'sentience' was the first attribute. I have to allow them freedom of expression in order to achieve a stable visage.

Well, much like Bacon, I think that a tulpa probably starts out sentient, especially considering the fact that Tammy chose her name during our first session of active forcing (I had done a ton of planning and passive forcing before actually getting around to a session of meditation).

Now then, I, like you, am pretty new at this (my tulpa is just over a month old now). However, what I've seen is progressive growth over the course of our relationship. She may have started out sentient, but it took her over a month to 'grow into' her sentience. That is to say, it took her some time to start talking to me and find her own personality (extremely sarcastic, but also caring and compassionate. Highly religious, matching my own convictions). In other words, I think that gaining sentience is too gradual a process to really pick out a moment when she 'became sentient.' And here's some words from Tammy herself (paraphrased, since we haven't done anything with possession): "I gained sentience very early on. I could even speak right near the beginning, but my host couldn't hear me until later, which was frustrating. Other than that, I couldn't really explain what it's like to be sentient or become sentient any more than any normal person could."

However, like I said, I'm a bit of a n00b at this (and so is Tammy), and your experience might be nothing like ours.

My tulpa

Name: Tammy

Sex: female

Species: Anthro (red fox)

Working on: imposition

Oh, that's pretty simple. I'd been talking to Tammy during my daily life right from the beginning. On a particularly boring day at work, she just sort of started talking back.

My tulpa

Name: Tammy

Sex: female

Species: Anthro (red fox)

Working on: imposition

I was laying in bed one night, just about to fall asleep when I heard the voice of a little boy, clear as day, say "Tell me a story?"

I sat straight up in bed, looked over to make sure my girlfriend was asleep and then asked Bud if it was him who said that. I felt a wave of positive emotion and proceeded to tell him the greek tale of Hades and Persephone.

It happened for me as when she was in a sort of egg-form, while I was allowing her to decide her own form. All of a sudden, without provocation, the egg that I had imagined started to shake a bit, while I was thinking of something else entirely. It was quite odd.

One Tulpa:

Name: Yuki

Physical appearance: Similar to Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist

Date of Creation: 16th September, 2013